1.1

A neighbourhood on a street called Privet Drive. An owl, sitting on the street sign flies off to reveal a mysterious appearing old man walking through a forest nearby. He stops at the start of the street and takes out a mechanical device and zaps all the light out of the lampposts. He puts away the device and a cat meows. The man looks down at the cat, which is a tabby and is sitting on a brick ledge.

"I should have known that you would be here...Professor McGonagall."

The cat meows, sniffs out and the cats shadow  progresses into a human.

"Good evening, Professor Dumbledore. Are the rumours true, Albus?"

"I'm afraid so, Professor. The good, and the bad." Dumbledore sighs.

"And the twins?"

"Hagrid is bringing them."

"Do you think it wise to trust Hagrid with something as important as this?" McGonagall asks.

"Ah, Professor, I would trust Hagrid with my life."

There is a motor sound, and the two professors look up to see a flying motorcycle coming down from the air. It skids on the street and halts. A large man takes off his goggles.

"Professor Dumbledore, Sir. Professor McGonagall."

"No problems, I trust, Hagrid?" Dumbledore asks.

"No, sir. Little tykes fell asleep just as we were flying over Bristol. Heh. Try not to wake them. There you go." Hagrid hands the babies over to Dumbledore.

"Albus, do you really think its safe, leaving them with these people? I've been watching them all day. They're the worst sort of Muggles imaginable. They really are-" McGonagall starts but is cut off by Dumbledore.

"The only family he has."

They stop outside a house.

"These children will be famous. There wont be a child in our world who doesn't know their names." McGonagall states.

"Exactly. They're better off growing up away from all that. Until they are ready." Hagrid coughs and sniffles, as Dumbledore talks. He clears his throat. "There, there, Hagrid. It's not really good-bye, after all."

Hagrid nods. Dumbledore takes a letter and places it on the babies, who are now at the foot of the door. The babies have a visible lightning-bolt shaped scar on their foreheads.

"Good luck...Harry and Amelia Potter."

—————————————————————————-

Almost ten years later, Harry and I lay asleep in our bed we share in a closet under the stairs. We live with our Aunt and Uncle because our parents are dead. We don't know what happened, we were only one when they died. But, we were told it was a car crash.

"Up. Get up." Aunt Petunia knocks on the door and sighs. "Now!"

Our large cousin, Dudley, suddenly comes running down the stairs above the closet. He stops half-way down and goes back, jumping on the staircase.

"Wake up, cousins! We're going to the zoo!"

Dudley laughs, coming down the stairs and runs for the kitchen. Harry tries to come out our room, but is pushed back in by Dudley, causing him to knock back into me.

Aunt Petunia is in the kitchen, where Dudley has gone. "Oh, here he comes, the birthday boy!"

"Happy birthday, son." Uncle Vernon says.

Aunt Petunia and Dudley giggle together. Harry and I come into the kitchen, dressed in rags.

"Why don't you two just cook the breakfast, and try not to burn anything." Petunia asks us.

"Yes, Aunt Petunia." We day in unison and walk over to the stove.

"I want everything to be perfect for my Dudley's special day." Petunia goes on. Harry starts cooking the bacon and I grab the pot of coffee.

"Hurry up! Bring my coffee, girl!" Uncle Vernon instructs me.

"Yes, Uncle Vernon." I say, rushing to his side and pour him a cup.

Petunia leads Dudley over to the family room, where there are a vast amount of presents. Dudley stares.

"How many are there?" Dudley asks his parents