3.15

"Sorry about the bite. I reckon that twinges a bit." Sirius says to Ron as we walk out of the tree.

"A bit? A bit? You almost tore my leg off!" He says as Lupin and Sirius help him walk.

"I was going for the rat." He continues. "Normally, I have a very sweet disposition as a dog.
More than once, James suggested that I make the change permanent. The tail I could live with. But the fleas, they're murder."

"I'm sure Madam Pomfrey will fix it in a heartbeat." I tell Ron.

"It's too late. It's ruined. It'll have to be chopped off."

I smirk and Sirius joins Harry and I. We walk a bit a way from everyone else.

"It's beautiful, isn't it? I'll never forget the first time I walked through those doors. It'll be nice to do it again as a free man." Sirius says, talking about Hogwarts. Then he turns to me. "That was a noble thing you did back there. He doesn't deserve it."

I didn't think our dad would have wanted his best friends... to become killers." I tell him. "Besides, dead, the truth dies with him. "Alive, you're free."

"I don't know if you know, Amelia, Harry... but when you were born, James and Lily made me your godfather."

"We know." Harry tells him.

"I can understand if you choose to stay with your aunt and uncle... but if you ever wanted a different home..."

"What? Come and live with you?" Harry asks.

"It's just a thought. I can understand if you two don't want to." Our conversation is interrupted.

"Harry! Mia!" Hermione yells. We turn over and see Lupin struggling.

"Remus, my old friend! Have you taken your potion tonight?" Sirius runs up to him. "You know the man you truly are, Remus! This heart is where you truly live! This heart here! This flesh is only flesh!" Remus begins his transformation. He throws Sirius off to the side.

"Professor? Professor Lupin?" Hermione says. But it's no longer him. There is a werewolf standing in front of us.

"Nice doggy. Nice doggy!" I say, putting my hands up.

"There you are, Potters!" Snape wakes up and stops in front of us. Then he notices Lupin. He turns around and stands in front of Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I. The werewolf growls and slowly starts walking towards us. Then Sirius, in his Animigus pounces at him and they begin to fight. They run off a ways and Harry and I follow.

"Sirius!" We yell.

"Come back here, Potters!" Snape yells, but stays behind to protect Hermione and Ron.

As we step closer to the two, the werewolf claws at Sirius and throws him a ways down into the Dark Forest.

"Sirius!" I yell. Then the werewolf turns to us. Baring his teeth, about to attack. Then off in the distance we hear a howl.

The werewolf stops, and looks in the direction of it. Another howl fills the air. It runs off. Harry and I look to each other and run down towards Sirius.

"No. Sirius!" Harry says. We kneel next to him. He is in his human form, badly wounded. Unable to move. Then everything around us becomes cold. The stream next to us freezes over. The flowers wither over, completely frozen. We look up and see a swarm of dementors coming our way. I raise my wand.

Thinking about my parents, I cast the spell. "Expecto Patronum!"

I bright light shoots out and acts as a small shield, but there are two many of them. Harry gets ready to try, but a dementor comes down, and begins to suck out his soul.

"Harry!" I yell, breaking my concentration, and there for the patronus charm. Then one comes up to me and starts sucking. It flies off and another comes for Sirius. Feeling myself getting weaker and weaker, I look at Sirius. A bright light starts rising out of him. I fall onto his chest, sobbing weakly.

Then a bright light shines through us, sending the dementors away. I try to look up to see who's casting the charm, but I can't see anything. I'm blinded by the light. Then the small ball of light lowers back into Sirius and he gasps for air. And then everything fades to darkness around me.

—————————————————————————

My eyes flutter open as I wake up in the Hospital wing. I look over and see Hermione sitting with Ron.

"Harry?" I question, seeing him stirring. He wakes up and sits up in the bed.

"I saw dad." He tells me.

"What?" I question.

"He sent the dementors away. I saw him across the lake."

"Harry, Mia, they've captured Sirius." Hermione informs us. "Any minute the dementors are gonna perform the Kiss." Then the door opens, and Dumbledore walks through.

"Headmaster, stop them. They've got the wrong man." Harry tells him.

"It's true. Sirius is innocent." I tell him.

"It's Scabbers who did it." Ron tells him, still in bed with a cast in his leg.

"Scabbers?" Dumbledore questions.

"He's my rat, sir. He's not really a rat. He was a rat. He was my brother Percy's rat. But then they gave him an owl..."

"The point is, we know the truth. Please believe us." Hermione pleads.

"I do, Miss Granger." He turns to us.  "But the word of four 13-year-old wizards will convince few others. A child's voice, however honest and true... is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen." Then he turns to Hermione. "Go and fetch Professor McGonagall. She needs to be informed."

"Yes sir." She says and walks out of the Hospital wing.

"Mysterious thing, time." Dumbledore says, looking at my brother and I. "Powerful... and when meddled with, dangerous. Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the Dark Tower." Then he turns to me. "You know the laws, Miss Potter. You must not be seen. And you would do well, I feel, to return before this last chime." We hear the bell tower outside. "If not, the consequences are too ghastly to discuss. If you succeed tonight... more than one innocent life may be spared." He starts walking out the door, but turns one last time. "Three turns should do it, I think." He turns again. Then stops. "Oh, and by the way. When in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. Good luck."

"What the bloody hell was that all about?" Ron asks.

"Sorry, Ron, but seeing as you can't walk..." I say, taking out the time turner and wrapping it around Harry's neck as well. I turn the hour glass three times and everything around us rewinds in a fast pace.

"What just happened?" Harry asks me as I take the time turner off of his neck. "Where's Ron?"

"7:30." I state. "Where were we at 7:30?"

"I don't know. Going to Hagrid's?"

"Come on." I grab his hand and lead him out of the Hospital wing. "And we can't be seen."