2.5

"10:58! Come on! Come on!" Mr. Weasley hollers at us as we run through Kings Cross Station, on our way to Platform 9 ¾.

"The train will be leaving any moment!" Mrs. Weasley adds.

"Fred, George, Percy you first!" He instructs and the boys go through. Then Mr. and Mrs. Weasley grab onto Ginnys cart and guide her through the entrance to the platform. "After you, dear."

"Our turn." I say to Harry and Ron.

"Let's go." Harry says and we start running towards the platform. When we reach the wall, we just crash into each other, knocking our trolleys over and tumbling to the ground.

"Oy! What do you three think you're doing?" A muggle guard says.

"Sorry. Lost- lost control of the trolley." I tell him with an apologetic smile.

"Why can't we get through?" Harry asks Ron.

"I don't know." He places his hands on the bricks. "The gateway's sealed its self for some reason."

Then the clock chimes, letting us know it is now 11:00.

"The train leaves at exactly eleven o'clock. We've missed it!" Harry exclaims.

"Harry, Mia, if we can't get through, maybe Mum and Dad can't get back!" Ron says, worriedly.

"Maybe we should just go and wait by the car." I suggest.

"The car..." Ron trails off, looking at me with wide eyes, realizing what I'm trying to say.

We grab our things and go back to Mr. Weasleys flying car. Tossing our trunks in, and carefully setting Hedwig, Pepper, and Scabbers on top. We then get into the front seat. Ron sitting in the drivers seat, Harry in the middle, and me in the passenger seat.

Ron starts the car and it begins to hover through the air, going higher and higher.

"Ron, I should tell you, most Muggles aren't accustomed to seeing a flying car." I say, looking out to the streets of London below.

"Uh, right. Okay." He presses a button and the entire outside of the car turns invisible.

"I can't believe we missed the train." Harry tells us.

"I have a feeling this won't be a normal year at Hogwarts." I tell him and he nods in  agreement.

Flying over the country side awhile later, the care becomes visible again.

"Oh no! The Invisibility Booster must be faulty!" Ron states, trying to make the car invisible again.

"Well come on, then. Let's go lower. We need to find the train." Harry tells him.

"Okay."

He goes lower and we hover about a foot above the train tracks.

"Now all we need to do is catch up with the train." Harry informs us.

"We can't be far behind." Ron says. Then I hear the train whistle.

"Do you hear that?" I ask.

"We must be gettin' close." Ron says, hopeful.

"Hold on..." I trail off and turn around. The boys follow my gaze and we see the train coming up fast behind us.

The three of us scream and Ron jerks the wheel upwards. At the sudden turn, my passenger door open and I fall out, barely losing on to the door handle.

"Mia!" Ron shouts.

"Hold on! Take my hand!" Harry tells me. I reach up for it and grab on, but my hand slips from his grasp. "Hold on!"

"I'm trying. Your hand's all sweaty." I tell him. Ron tried to level the car to make it easier for me to climb up. I grab for Harry's hand again and finally get a tight grip. He pulls me up and I close the door behind me, pressing the lock down, just to be safe. "I think we found the train."

"Yeah." Ron and Harry mutter.

"Are you okay?" Harry asks me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm fine." I reassure him. "Just got the wind know led out of me."

"That's not funny." Harry says.

"It was a little funny." Ron smirks.

Soon the night falls and we arrive at Hogwarts.

"Welcome home." Ron tells us and Harry and I look to each other with a smile.

Then Harry and I see that we're heading straight for a massive tree.

"Up! Up!" Harry yells at Ron.

"It's not working!" Ron tries to bring the car up, but it does nothing. The tree is getting closer and closer.

"Up! Up! Ron! Mind that tree!" I shout.

"Stop! Stop! Stop! Huh... Aahh!" Ron yells as he tries to use his wand to stop the car. It snaps in half and we run into the tree. Harry and I scream as we land among the branches. Looking to my brother and friend, to make sure they're okay, the car begins to break some of the branches and we fall a few feet lower. As we finally come to a stop, Ron lifts up his wand. "My wand! Look at my wand!"

"Be thankful it's not your neck." I tell him.

Then something hits the car and we rock back and forth.

"What's happening?" Ron says in a terrified, high pitched voice.

"I don't know." Harry says. The the tree starts to groan, almost as if it were in pain. And branches start smashing into the car.

One branch comes the the window, right next to Harry and I's heads, and then slowly pulls itself back out. Then a large branch comes down on top of us, leaving a massive dent on the roof of the car. We begin to rock back and forth, until finally, the car falls forward.

"Come on! Go!" Harry instructs Ron. He puts the car in drive and we begin to move. I look behind us and see the tree begin to bend down, trying to smush us completely.

"Faster, Ron! Go faster!"

He floors it and we get out of the way, just in time. The tree, straightens back up, and we're in the clear. The three of us sigh in relief.

Then the doors pop open and we're flung out of our seats. Our trunks fly out, and then Peppers cage follows. I cage it, checking her over for any injuries. Then Hedwigs cage flies out, which Harry catches her as well, and then Scabbers, landing in Ron's arms.

"Scabbers, you OK?" Ron asks. The car doors then close and it starts driving itself off. "The car!" We try to run after it, but we soon realize we won't be able to catch up to it. "Dad's gonna kill me."