5.18

"How much further?" Umbridge asks Hermione, Harry, and I as we lead her into the dark forest.

"Not far." Hermione says to her. "It had to be somewhere students wouldn't find it accidentally."

"What are you doing?" Harry whispers to her.

"Improvising."

We come upon the large tree that Grawpy was tied to. And now it all starts to make since. But there's only one flaw to the plan, Grawpy is nowhere to be seen. The rope is chewed off.

"Well? Where is this weapon?" The three of us look to each other. "There isn't one, is there? You were trying to trick me." She says, raising her wand. "You know... I really hate children."

Then a herd of centaurs approach us. Weapons drawn.

"You have no business here, centaur. This is a Ministry matter." Umbridge says as she begins to back away. "Lower your weapons. I warn you, under the law, as creatures of near-human intelligence..." one of the centaurs shoots an arrow at her. "Protego."

Harry and I look to Hermione. How in the bloody hell are we going to get out of this one?

"How dare you?" Umbridge says to them. "Filthy half-breed. Incarcerous."

A rope shoots out of her wand and begins to strangle one of the centaurs. He toppled to the ground, unable to breath, choking, coughing. Just trying to get air back into his lungs. I run over to him and try to help.

Falling to my knees, I attempt to unravel the rope from his neck, but fail. "Please. Please stop it. Please."

"Now, enough. I will have order." Umbridge says, backing up. But then Grawpy makes his presence known and picks her up. "You filthy animal. Do you know who I am?"

The centaurs begin to shoot their arrows at Grawpy, and he drops Umbridge. Backing away, saddened, by the turn of events. But the centaurs still attack.

"Leave him alone. It's not his fault." I try to tell them.

"No, he doesn't understand." Hermione intervenes and they stop. But proceed to come up to us and pick up Umbridge by her arms, lifting her above the ground.

"Potter, do something." She looks to me. "Tell them I mean no harm."

"I'm sorry, professor." I say with a cold smirk. "But I must not tell lies."

She looks to me with wide eyes and the centaurs begin to carry her off. "What are you doing? I am Senior Undersecretary Dolores Jane Umbridge. Let me go!"

"Thank you, Grawp." Hermione says to the giant. Then Harry looks to us

"Mia. Hermione, Sirius." He says and we make our way back to the castle.

"Harry! What if Hermione is right? What if Voldemort planted this vision in our heads and we get there and he's just waiting for us?" I ask as we run.

"Then we'll improvise." He says looking back to Hermione.

We run into Ron, Ginny, Neville, and Luna on the way.

"How'd you get away?" Harry asks them.

"Puking Pastilles. It wasn't pretty." Ginny begins to tell us.

"Told them I was hungry, wanted some sweets. They told me to bugger off and ate the lot themselves." Ron says with a smile.

"That was clever, Ron." Hermione says to him.

"Has been known to happen." He smiles at her.

"It was brilliant." Ginny says.

"So how are we getting to London?" Neville asks.

"Look, it's not that we don't appreciate everything you've done, all of you... but we've got you into
enough trouble as it is." I try to tell them.

"Dumbledore's Army's supposed to be about doing something real. Or was that all just words to the both of you?" Ginny says.

"Maybe you don't have to do this all by yourselves, mates." Ron says.

"So how are we going to get to London?" Harry asks.

"We fly, of course." Luna says whimsically. I look to her and smirk.

—————————————————————————

We find enough Threstrals for the journey and make our way to London. Finally reaching the visitors entrance to the Ministry of Magic.

The seven of us pile into the red phone booth Mr. Weasley, Harry, and I used to get here for our hearing.

It begins to go down and we walk into the ministry.

"We need to find the Department of Mysteries." Harry says. "That's where Sirius is."

"How are we going to do that?" Ron asks.

"Over here." I say, leading them all to an elevator. We pile into one and I press the button to go down. "Going down." We make it to the courtroom floor. "I remember seeing the same door from our dreams right over..." I state as I lead them down the correct hallway. "Here."

"Department of Mysteries." Harry says as we walk through the door. "This is it."

We begin to move through the aisles. "Ninety-two. Ninety-three. Ninety-four. Ninety-five." I say, then reach ninety six. "He should be here."

"Harry. Mia." Neville says, looking at one of the glass balls. "It's got your name on it."

Harry and I go over to it. Sure enough, our names are on the plaque. Harry and I reach our hands out and grab it. As we do, we begin to hear the prophecy.

"The ones with the powers to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches. And the Dark Lord shall mark them as his equal... but they shall have power the Dark Lord knows not. For neither can live while the other survives."

"Harry. Mia." Hermione mutters and we turn to see Lucius Malfoy.