4.21

Back at the arena Harry and I appear with Cedric's body. The crowd doesn't understand what has taken place and they all cheer, triumphant music starts to play. I weep on Cedric's body.

"Harry! Amelia!" Dumbledore comes over and helps Harry up and tries to pry me off of Cedric. But I don't let go. "Tell me what happened."

"He's back, he's back! Voldemort is back!" Harry informs him.

"Cedric, he asked us to bring his body back. We couldn't leave him. Not there." I cry.

"It's alright Harry, Mia. It's alright. He's home. You all are."

"Keep everybody in their seats. A boy has just been killed." I hear Fudge whisper to his fellow ministry officials. "The body must be moved, Dumbledore. There's to many... people."

"Let me through! That's my son!" Amos Diggory struggles you get through to Cedric. He gets down to the ground above him. "My boy!"

Moody picks me up off of Cedrics body.

"No! No! Let me go!" I cry out, but he doesn't set me down. He grabs Harry's arms and tells him to follow us. "Cedric!"

He takes us to a darkened room, and sets me down on a chair, closing the door and locking it behind him. Harry sits next to me, and puts his arm around me.

"You alright, Potters?" Moody asks. Harry and I nod. "Does it hurt?" He asks, referring to the cuts on our arms.

"Not so much now." Harry tells him.

"I'd better take a look at them." He says and we show him.

"The cup was a portkey. Someone had bewitched it." Harry tells him. And Mad-Eye just looks at us, intrigued.

"What was it like? What was he like?"

"Who?" Harry asks him.

"The dark lord. What was it like to stand in his presence?"

"I dunno. It was like we had fallen into one of our dreams. One of our nightmares."

Mad-Eye starts shaking and struggling for air, he reaches for his bottle but it's empty. He rushes to a chest with other bottles and struggles to find one.

"We're there others? In the graveyard, we're there others?" Ask he asks this, I stop my sobs. I look up at the man and glare.

"I don't think we said anything about a graveyard Professor?" I say through gritted teeth.

"Marvelous creatures dragons, aren't they?" He says and begins to walk towards us, slowly. "Do you think that miserable oaf would have led you into the woods if I hadn't suggested it? Do you think Cedric Diggory would have told you to hold the egg under water if I hadn't told him first, myself? Do you think Nevill Longbottom, the witless wonder, could have provided you with gilliweed if I hadn't given him the book that led him straight to it? Huh?"

I stand up, curling my hands into fists. "It was you from the beginning. You put our names in the goblet of Fire."

"You bewitched Krum.... but..." Harry trails off. Mad-Eye makes fake sobbing noises.

"You both won, because I made it so, Potters. You both ended up in that graveyard tonight because it was meant to be so. And now the deed is done. The blood that runs through these veins runs within the dark lord." He says, staring at our cuts. "Imagine how he will reward me when he learns that I have once and for all silenced the great Harry and Amelia Potter."

I then quickly raise my wand. "Stupefy!" And he flies back into a chair. Just as this happens, the door flings open and Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Snape stand there. They see me with a raised wand at the fake Alastor Moody.

"Severus." Dumbledore says and runs up to the man in the chair and administers some veritaserum.

Dumbledore grabs the man by the collar. "Do you know who I am?"

"Albus Dumbledore." He chokes out.

"Are you Alastor Moody?"

"No."

"Is he in this room? Is he in this room?!" The mans eyes fart towards the chest sitting next to Harry and I. "Harry, Mia, get away from there!"

Dumbledore approaches the chest. The chest opens, it contains a series of smaller chests. When the final chest is open we see that there's a pit within holding a man. The real Alastor Moody.

"Are you alright Alastor?" Dumbledore asks.

"I'm sorry Albus." He says weakly.

"That's Moody, but then who's..." Harry looks to the fake Moody.

Dumbledore holds up one of his bottles. Snape takes it and sniffs inside. "Polyjuice Potion."

"I think we found who's been stealing it from your store."

Harry and I look to Snape and he gives us a semi-apologetic look. We look at him like we told him so.

"But who is that?" Professor McGonagall asks. I look to Dumbledore.

"I know who it is."

The Mad-Eye Moody we have captive in a chair begins to twitch about restlessly making strange noises. He appears to be transforming. He rips off his fake eyepiece which falls on the floor, we see that he's transformed into Barty Crouch Junior.

"Barty Crouch Junior." I state.

"I'll show you mine if you both show me yours." He spits out and rolls up his sleeve. Revealing a skull and snake marking. The dark mark.

"Your arms Harry and Amelia." Dumbledore says, grabbing them and putting them next to his. Comparing the three.

"You know what this means, don't you? He's back. Lord Voldemort has returned."

"Send an owl to Azkaban. I think they'll find they're missing a prisoner." Dumbledore tells McGonagall. She nods and runs out of the room.

"I'll be welcomed back like a hero!" Barty Jr. tells us as we begin walking out.

"Perhaps. Personally I've never had much time for heroes."