5.11

"This is mad. Who'd wanna be taught by us? We're nutters, remember?" I ask them as we walk towards the Hogs Head pub.

"Look on the bright side: you two can't be any worse than old toad face."

"Thanks, Ron." We say, sarcastically.

"I'm here for the both of you, mates." He pats us on the shoulder and I roll my eyes.

"Who's supposed to be meeting us, then?" Harry asks Hermione.

"Just a couple of people." Hermione states and I take a look at the pub we're walking into.

It's completely run down, there's only a couple of old wizards sitting inside and they're covered in rags and old, dirty robes.

"Lovely spot." I mutter to her.

"Thought it would be safer off the beaten track." She says. Then students begin to pile in.

There's at least 30 of them sitting around us. Some are our friends, Ron's brothers and sister, Luna, Neville, Dean and Seamus. But there's also some I haven't spoken to before. I recognize all of them, but I've never had a conversation with half of them.

"Hi." Hermione smiles at the group. "So you all know why we're here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher. One who's had experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts."

"Why?" Zachariah Smith asks. Ron scoffs.

"Why? Because You-Know-Who's back, you tosspot."

"So they say." The Hufflepuff points to Harry and I.

"So Dumbledore says." Hermione fires back.

"So Dumbledore says because they say. The point is, where's the proof?" He asks. "If the Potters could tell us more about how Diggory got killed..."

"We're not gonna talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here, clear out now." I stand up and whisper into Hermiones ear. "Come on, Hermione. They're here because they think we're some sort of freaks."

"Is it true you both can produce a Patronus Charm?" Luna asks in her whimsical voice.

"Yes." Hermione nods. "I've seen it."

"Blimey, Mia and Harry. I didn't know you could do that." Dean says, looking at us surprised.

"And they killed a basilisk, with the sword in Dumbledore's office." Ginny adds, smiling at us.

"It's true. Third year, they fought off about a hundred Dementors at once." Ron tells the group.

"Last year, they really did fight off You-Know-Who in the flesh." Hermione adds.

"Wait." Harry stands up. "Look, it all sounds great when you say it like that... but the truth is, most
of that was just luck. We didn't know what we were doing half the time. We nearly always had help."

"He's just being modest." Hermione says.

"No, Hermione, he's not." I say, and then turn to the crowd in front of me. "Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school, if you make a mistake, you can just try again tomorrow. But out there... when you're a second away from being murdered... or watching a friend die right before your eyes... You don't know what that's like."

"You're right, Mia, we don't." Hermione states. "That's why we need both of your help."