1.16

In the hospital wing, Harry and I are bandaged, lying in bed. He awakens, puts on his glasses, and sits up. There are cards and candy all over.

"You alright there, Harry?" I ask him, having woken up a few minutes prior.

"I'm good. How are you?" He asks.

"Not gonna lie, my head is killing me." I say, reaching my hand around to the back of my skull. "I think I hit it pretty hard when I fell."

Dumbledore then approaches us.

"Good afternoon, Harry. Amelia." He greets. "Ah. Tokens from your admirers?"

"Admirers?" Harry and I question.

"What happened down in the dungeons between you both and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows." We all smile. "Ah, I see your friend Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your Chocolate Frogs."

"Ron was here? Is he all right?" Harry asks.

"What about Hermione?" I question.

"Fine. They're both just fine." He puts his hands up to shush us.

"But, what happened to the Stone?" Harry asks.

"Relax. The stone has been destroyed. My friend Nicholas and I had a little chat and agreed it was best all around."

"But Flamel, he'll die, won't he?" I ask.

Dumbledore sits on my bed. "He has enough Elixir to set his affairs in order. But yes, he will die."

"How is it I got the Stone, sir? One minute I was staring in the mirror, and the next..." Harry asks.

"Ah. You see, only a person who wanted to find the Stone, find it, but not use it, would be able to get it. That is one of my more brilliant ideas. And between you two and me thats saying something." He smiles at both of us.

"Does that mean, with the Stone gone, I mean, that Voldemort can never come back?" I ask.

"Ah, I'm afraid there are ways in which he can return." Then he looks at Harry and then back to me. "Harry, Mia, do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bear to have you touch him?" We shake our heads. "It was because of your mother. She sacrificed herself for you, and that kind of act leaves a mark." Harry touches his scar. "No, no, this kind of mark cannot be seen. It lives in your very skin."

"What is it?" He asks.

"Love, Harry, love." I state.

"Very good, Mia." He stands and walks to the end of our beds. "Ah. Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans. I was most unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit flavoured one, and since then I have lost my liking for them. But I think I could be safe with a nice toffee..." He takes a brown bean and eats it. "Mm. Alas. Earwax."

—————————————————————————

Harry and I approach a room where up on a stairwell balcony Hermione and Ron are talking. They stop when they see us and lean over the railing.

"All right there, Ron?" Harry asks.

"All right. You two?"

"All right. Hermione?" I say, looking at my best friend.

She smiles, "Never better."

In the great hall, all students are seated, and green banners with snakes on them are around the ceiling.
Dumbledore, at the head table, nods to McGonagall.
She dings her glass and the chatter stops. Dumbledore rises.

"Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding, and the points stand thus. In fourth place, Gryffindor with 252 points." Soft clapping commences. Harry and I hide our heads. "Third place, Hufflepuff, with 352 points." More Clapping arises again. "In second place, Ravenclaw, with 426 points." More clapping. "And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin House."

There is immense cheering.

"Yes, yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last minute points to award." The Gryffindor students look up. "To Miss Hermione Granger, for the use of cool intellect when others were in great peril, 50 points." Applause.

"Good job." I pat her back.

"Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess," Ron looks at Harry and I and mouths, 'Me?' We nod, and mouth, You!' "that Hogwarts has seen these many years...50 points. And third, to Mr. Harry Potter and Miss Amelia Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house 60 points. Each." Immense cheering.

"We're tied with Slytherin!" Hermione announces.

"And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom."

Immense cheering erupts. Neville is unbelieving, and sits there while cheering gets louder. Draco is downfallen.

"Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of direction is in order." He claps. The green banners change to Gryffindor red and yellow. "Gryffindor wins the House Cup!"

More cheering.

"Yes!" Hagrid grins.

All students stand and throw their hats into the air, except Draco, who smashes his down onto the table.

"Neville!" Seamus shakes his hand.

All rub each other's hair and jump around, cheering and laughing.

"Yeah! We won!!" Jordan Lee jumps with Harry and I, we look back and grin very widely.

—————————————————————————

The outdoor train station, students are walking around, getting in the train.

"Come on now, hurry up. You'll be late. Train's leaving. Go on. Go on. Come on. Hurry up." Hagrid says.

Harry and I hand Hedwig and Pepper to a train man, and walk to an open door of the train with Hermione. Hermione waves to Hagrid, who waves back. Hermione gets in the train.

"Come on, guys." She says.

"One minute." I tell her and we walk over to Hagrid.

"Thought you were leaving without saying good-bye, didja?" Hagrid takes a red album out of his coat pocket and hands it to Harry. "This is for you two."

Harry opens the album and we see a picture, moving, of us as babies with our parents. They are all smiling and waving. Harry and I smile.

"Thanks, Hagrid." We both shake Hagrid's hand, then hug him tightly.

"Oh. Go on...on with you both." We let go. "Oh, listen, Harry, Mia, if that dolt of a cousin of yours, Dudley, gives you any grief, you could always, um, threaten him with a nice pair of ears to go with that tail of his."

"But Hagrid, we're not allowed to do magic away from Hogwarts. You know that." I tell him.

"I do. But your cousin don't, do he? Eh?" He chuckles. "Off you go."

We walk away, back to the train door where Hermione and Ron are waiting.

"Feels strange to be going home, doesn't it?" Hermione asks.

"We're not going home. Not really." Harry says looking to me. I smile and nod in agreement.

The train whistles and we climb aboard. As the train starts to leave, Harry and I wave out the window to Hagrid, who waves back.

End of Year 1