7.29

Neville leads us down the passage.

"I don't remember this being on the Marauder's Map." Ron states.

"That's because it never existed till now. The seven secret passages were sealed off before the start of the year. This is the only way in or out now. The grounds are crawling with Death Eaters and Dementors." Neville explains.

"How bad is it, Neville? With Snape as Headmaster." I say, eyeing him curiously.

"Hardly ever see him. It's the Carrows you have to watch out for."

"The Carrows?" Harry questions.

"Brother and sister. They're in charge of discipline. Like punishment, the Carrows." Neville points to a gash on his face.

"They did that to you? But why?" Hermione asks.

"Today's Dark Arts lesson had us practicing the Cruciatus Curse. On First Years. I refused. Hogwarts has changed." We look at him, shocked. Neville grins. "Aw, c'mon. Don't be grim. We're all used to it by now. And the thing is, it helps when people stand up, gives everyone hope. I used to notice that when you two did it." He looks to Harry and I. "C'mon, we're almost there."

We exchange glances and continue to follow Neville. He leads us up a short flight of stone steps to a door, then pauses, looking back.

"Let's have a bit of fun, shall we?" He whispers, then pushes the door open. "Hey! Listen up, you lot! I've brought you a surprise!"

"Not more of Aberforth's cooking, I hope. Be a surprise if we could digest it." I hear Seamus's voice.

Neville looks back, jerks his head toward the open door. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I step forward, duck through and emerge into a large room that looks like a sumptuous tree house. Faces turn. Blink. Utter silence. Then voices explode.

"Blimey." Seamus says in awe. Madness ensues as the four of us are swallowed up in a scrum of backslaps and handshakes.

Many familiar faces are present. Luna, Dean Thomas, Cho Chang, Lavender Brown, and so many more.

Neville leans down and whispers to Nigel. "Get the word out to Remus and the others that Harry and Amelia are back."

Nigel nods, scrambles over to a battered Wizard Wireless. As it crackles to life he leans close. "River, DA calling. Do you read? We have a new weather report: Lightning has struck. I repeat, lightning has struck..."

"Okay, okay! Stand down! Let's not kill them before You-Know-Who gets the chance!" Neville says. Every settles. "Right then. What's the plan, Harry and Mia?"

Harry and I gaze out over the expectant faces in the room, noting the hollow eyes and broken bodies and the desperate, almost palpable desire for hope.

For a moment we seem lost, awed by the sacrifice our friends have made, much of it for the both of us. Finally, Harry speaks, "Okay. There's something we need to find, something hidden here in the castle. It could help us defeat You-Know-Who."

"What is it?" Neville asks.

"We don't know." I sigh.

"Where is it?" Dean chimes in.

"Don't know that either." I say. A confused murmur fills the room and I glance to Harry. "We realize it's not much to go on."

"That's nothing to go on." Seamus states.

Harry falters, then his gaze happens upon the Ravenclaw banner hanging across the room, bearing the symbol of an Eagle. He studies it, a notion forming.

"We think it might have something to do with Ravenclaw." He tells them. "It would be small, easy to conceal, valuable. Any ideas?"

He looks up. For a moment, there's no response. Then Luna speaks up. "Well, there's Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem."

"Oh, bloody hell. Here we go." Ron mutters under his breath. I elbow him in the gut.

"The lost diadem of Ravenclaw? Hasn't anyone ever heard of it? It's quite famous." Luna asks around.

"Yes, but Luna, it's lost. For centuries now. There's not a person alive today who's seen it." Cho tells her. Her fellow Ravenclaws nod. Ron frowns.

"Excuse me. But would someone tell me: what's a bloody diadem?" Ron asks.

"It's a kind of crown." I say. "You know, like a tiara."

As I say this, I look to Harry. Remembering the vision we saw of a tiara. The diadem must be a Horcrux. Then I frown, trying to think if I've seen such a thing in the castle.

"It was rumored to have magical properties, to enhance the wisdom of the wearer." Cho says. Just then, quick footsteps are heard and a girl appears atop the far staircase. She stops, staring at Harry and I.

"Ginny." Harry smiles.

"Harry." She returns the smile. Then looks to me and I run up to her, embracing her with everything in me.

"Hey there." I say, then release her. Her eyes go back to Harry.

Ron smiles, about to speak, then notices Ginny's eyes have only been on my brother and I. He frowns, speaks to Hermione. "Six months she hasn't seen me and it's like I'm Frankie First Year. I mean, I'm only her brother."

"Got loads of those, though, doesn't she? There's only one Harry." I smirk back at Ron.

"Shut up, Mia." He glares. Then Neville notices Ginnys expression.

"What is it, Ginny?"

"Snape knows. He knows that Harry and Mia were spotted in Hogsmeade."

Snape had called a meeting with the entire school. We worked out a plan.

Ginny lends me a Hogwarts robe and Harry gets one from Neville. Hermione and Ron stay back, awaiting the arrival of the Order.

As we get ready to line up with the rest of Gryffindor, Ginny looks to me.

"So how are you? Where have you been?"

"Good, given the circumstances. And around." I slip into her robe, fidgeting with my promise ring I received from Fred.

"Fred's alright." She tells me. I look up, my full attention on her. "He misses you too, you know. I had to assure him that you were alright at least a hundred times the last time I spoke with him."

"When was that?" I ask.

"Over the Christmas Holiday."

"That seems like a lifetime ago." I sigh, thinking back to how Harry, Hermione and I spent Christmas in Godric's Hollow. And how we were almost killed by that bloody serpent.

"When this is all over, promise me you'll tell me about your adventure?" She asks. I smirk at her.

"Of course. Every detail." I say. I notice she can't keep her eyes off of Harry. "He's missed you, too. A lot. We spent most of our nights worrying about you and your family."

"I worried about the both of you, too." She fights back tears and engulfs me in another hug. "And Ron and Hermione of course."

"By the way..." I say, releasing her. "Your brother is a git when you have to spend every waking minute with him."

"Story of my life." She smiles.