1.9

Inside the Quidditch tower, the Gryffindor team is marching towards the starting gate. We reach it and stop, behind a closed double door.

"Scared, Harry and Mia?" Wood asks.

"A little bit." Harry admits.

"Terrified." I state plainly.

"That's all right. I felt the same way before my first game."

"What happened?" I ask Wood.

"Er, I don't really remember. I took a bludger to the head 2 minutes in. Woke up in the hospital a week later."

Harry and I gulp and look straight ahead as the doors open. We mount our brooms and zoom out onto the enormous pitch. There is cheering. The commentator, Lee Jordan, is talking from a tower.

"Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season! Today's game Slytherin versus Gryffindor!!!"

The cheering commenced as the players take their positions in the air in a circle. Harry and I weave in, he's the highest amongst us all. I look around. The players take their positions as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game.

"Now, I want a nice clean game...from all of you." She looks at Slytherin. She kicks the trunk, and the bludgers zoom out.

"The bludgers are up...followed by the Golden Snitch. Remember, the snitch is worth 150 points. The seeker who catches the Snitch ends the game." Lee states.

The snitch zooms around each Seeker's head, then disappears. Hooch grabs the Quaffle.

"The Quaffle is released...and the game begins!"

Gryffindor takes possession of the ball and a chaser, Angela Johnson, zooms past Slytherins towards their goal, and throws the ball, and scores! There is a ding.

"Angelina Johnson scores! 10 points for Gryffindor!" He presses a button and a 10 shows up beside a plaque with Gryffindors name.

Harry, in the air, claps.

"Yes!" Harry cheers and a bludger zooms by him. "Whoa!"

I fly up by him as the bludger starts to come back. Just before it hits Harry, I take a swing and send it flying off to Hut the Slytherin chaser.

In the stands, Gryffindor cheers.

"Well done!"

"Slytherin takes possession of the Quaffle. Bletchley passes to Captain Marcus Flint. Then Mia Potter sends a bludger towards him, he just barely dodged it!"

Flint dodges people and throws for the Gryffindor hoops. Oliver appears and whacks the ball away with his broom. He smirks at Flint, who glares. Johnson and Katie Bell pass the Quaffle back and forth as they strategize to score. Johnson takes it, throws, and once again scores!

"Yay!" I exclaim.

"Another 10 points to Gryffindor!"

The Slytherins decide to get messy. They dodge, kick, and try to score. Once again, Oliver blocks.

"Give me that!" Flint says and he grabs a beaters bat from one and whacks a bludger right at Oliver. It hits Oliver in the stomach and he falls to the ground.

"Oh no you don't!" I say and as the bludger comes closer to me I line up my target. I take the bat and swing it, hard, sending it into Flints stomach. He grunts out in pain, probably broke a few of his ribs.

The Slytherin members head off. They box Johnson in and sent her into the capes covering one of the towers. She falls down in and is out. The crowd boos. Slytherin scores once again. Suddenly, Harry sees the Snitch. He starts to head off after it and then his broom starts bucking and turning. When I notice this, then my broom begins to do the same thing.

We are knocked around, then we fall, dangling by one arm from the brooms.

The broom stop bucking, and Harry and I climb back on. The Slytherin seeker is after the Snitch.

"Go!" I tell him and Harry takes off.

Harry rams the Slytherin Seeker, then is butted out. He returns, smashing the Seeker again as the Snitch dives. The boys follow, but they approach the ground quickly.

"Harry, what are you doing?" I mutter to myself.

The Slytherin Seeker backs out, and Harry pulls up his broom as he follows the Snitch, feet above the ground. Harry stands up, and steps forward, trying to grab the ball. He goes too far, and topples off the broom with a yelp, tumbling on the ground. He gets up and lurches.

"Harry!" I fly down to him.

The crowd gasps.

"Harry? Are you okay? What were you thinking you idiot!" I tell him whacking the back of his head.

Harry lurches and the Snitch pops out of his mouth. It lands in his hands.

"He's got the Snitch! Harry Potter receives 150 points for catching the Snitch!"

Madame Hooch blows whistle. "Gryffindor wins!"

Harry raises the Snitch into the air and the crowd, and our team, cheers.

"Don't scare me like that again!" I tell my brother and he just smiles at me. I pull him into a hug as the crowd chants.

"Go go Gryffindor! Go go Gryffindor! Go go Gryffindor! Go go Gryffindor!"