2.15

"That was close!" Ron says as we run back into the bathroom.

"Too close for comfort in my opinion." I say, referring to how Malfoy handled me.

"Yeah, remind me to kick his arse later." Harry says and Ron agrees.

"Not if I do it first." I mutter walking you to the stall Hermione is still in. "Hermione, come out. We've got loads to tell you!"

"Go away!" She cries. Then Moaning Myrtle comes out, laughing.

"Ahh! Wait till you see. It's awful! He- ha, ha, he- hee!"

"Hermione? A- are you OK?" Harry asks. He opens the door.

"Do you remember me telling you that the Polyjuice Potion was only for human transformations? It was cat's hair I plucked off Millicent Bulstrode's robes. Look at my face." She turns around. Hermione looks like a cross between a human and a cat. Myrtle keeps laughing.

"Look at your tail!" Ron says. I hit him in the gut.

—————————————————————————

"Have you spoken to Hermione?" Ron asks, as the three of us walk up a staircase.

"She should be out of hospital in a few days, when she stops coughing up fur balls..." Harry says as we step in a puddle of water. "What's this?"

"Yuck!" Ron exclaims.

"Looks like Moaning Myrtle's flooded the bathroom." I inform them and we run into the girls lavatory.

"Oooh, oooh, ooooh, huh– huh. Come to throw something else at me?" Myrtle asks.

"Why would I throw something at you?" Harry asks her.

"Don't ask me! Here I am, minding my own business, and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me."

"But, it can't hurt if someone throws something at you. I mean, it'll just go right through you." Ron states.

"Sure!" Myrtle screams, flying down to Ron. "Let's all throw books at Myrtle because she can't feel it! Ten points if you get through her stomach! Fifty points if it goes through her head!"

"But, who threw it at you, anyway?" I ask her.

"I don't know, I didn't see them. I was just sitting in the Ubend thinking about death - aah - and it fell through the top of my head. Uhhuh. Whoo-oooh-whoooo..." she moans off. I pick up the diary off of the ground and examine it. There's a name on the front cover.

Tom Marvolo Riddle.

We all head back to the Gryffindor common room. Ron decides he wants to go to bed, but Harry and I stay up.

"I'm not really tired." Harry states. "Wanna stay up and try to look through this thing?"

"Dear brother, there's nothing I would rather do." I smile at him and we settle into a desk. Flipping through the pages, we can't seem to find anything written in it.

I pick up a quill with a spot of ink on the end of it and move it across the page. As I do this, it drops onto the page, and the ink disappears.

"Woah." Harry states. I dip the quill back in the ink.

I speak the words that I write. "Our names are Amelia and Harry Potter." The ink seeps in and words appear before our eyes.

Hello Amelia and Harry Potter, my name is Tom Riddle.

"Ask it if it knows anything about the Chamber of Secrets!" Harry instructs me. I dip the quill back in the ink again.

"Do you know anything about the Chamber of Secrets?" I write.

Yes.

"Can you tell us?"

No.

I slam the quill back in the ink in frustration, but then more words appear.

But I can show you. Let me take you both back fifty years ago...13th June.

The book flips to the middle and a bright light shines through. We are transported into what seems to be a memory in the diary. We're in Hogwarts. Fifty years ago.

We see a young man dressed in robes standing at the edges of the stairs.

"Excuse me. Could you tell us what's going on here?" Harry asks. We get no reaction from the boy.

"Are you Tom Riddle?" I ask. Still nothing. "Hello, can you hear us?" I wave my hands in front of his face, but he doesn't see a thing.

Then a few teachers walk by, carrying a gurney. A body lays on it, covered by a sheet. The girl appears to be dead.

"Riddle! Come." We hear from the top of the staircase.

"Professor Dumbledore." Tom says.

"Dumbledore?" Harry and I question. We follow Tom up towards the elderly wizard.

"It is not wise to be wandering around this late hour, Tom."

"Yes, Professor. I- I suppose I- I had to see for myself if the rumors were true."

"I'm afraid they are, Tom. They are true."

"About the school, as well? I don't have a home to go to. They wouldn't really close Hogwarts, would they Professor?"

"He's an orphan." I state. "Kinda like us Harry." My brother shushes me as Dumbledore begins to speak again.

"I understand Tom, but I'm afraid Headmaster Dippet may have no choice."

"Sir- if it all stopped- if the person responsible was caught-"

"Is there something you wish to tell me?"

"No, sir. Nothing."

"Very well, then. Off you go."

"Good night, sir."

The boy, Tom, walks off and Harry and I follow him. He stops outside a door, and barges in on the wizard.

"Evening, Hagrid. I'm going to have to turn you in, Hagrid. I don't think you meant it to kill anyone, but-"

"You can't! You don't understand."

"Hagrid?" Harry looks at me. "Is that our Hagrid?"

"The dead girl's parents will be here tomorrow. The least Hogwarts can do is make sure the thing that killed their daughter is slaughtered."

"It wasn't him. Aragog never killed no one! Never!"

"Monsters don't make good pets, Hagrid. Now, stand aside."

"No!"

"Stand aside, Hagrid!"

"No!"

"Cistem aperio!" Tom waves his wand and opens the chest sitting on the floor. A large spider, what appears to be an Achromantula, crawls out. "Arania exumai!"

"Aragog! Aragog!" Hagrid tries to follow the spider out of the room, but Tom stops him.

"I can't let you go. They'll have your wand for this, Hagrid. You'll be expelled."

"Hagrid." Harry says as we begin to be pulled out of the memory.

"Hagrid!" I yell and then we land back in the Common Room and the diary shuts itself.

"Woah!" Harry and I look to each other and say.