1.13

In the Gryffindor common room, right after the attack. We gather around the fire, Hermione and Ron are seated, but Harry and I are standing.

"You mean, You-Know-Who's out there, right now, in the forest?" Hermione asks us.

"But he's weak. He's living off the unicorns." Harry says.

"Don't you see? We had it wrong. Snape doesn't want the stone for himself, he wants the stone for Voldemort. With the Elixir of Life, Voldemort will be strong again. He'll, He'll come back." I sit down next to Hermione.

"But if he comes back, you don't think he'll try to kill you both, do you?" Ron asks.

"I think if he'd had the chance, he might have tried to kill us tonight." I reply.

Ron gulps, "And to think, I've been worrying about my Potions final!"

"Hang on a minute. We're forgetting one thing. Who's the one wizard Voldemort always feared?" Hermione asks, the boys shrug.

"Dumbledore." I say quietly. Hermione nods.

"As long as Dumbledore's around, you're both safe. As long as Dumbledore's around, you two can't be touched." Harry and I smile slightly.

—————————————————————————

Some time later, in the outdoor courtyard, the four of us are walking.

"I've always heard Hogwarts' end of the year exams were frightful, but I found that rather enjoyable." Hermione says.

"Speak for yourself." Ron says. Harry and I grab our scars again. "All right there, Harry and Mia?"

"My scar. It keeps burning." Harry states.

"Mine too." I say.

"It's happened before." Hermione tells me.

"Not like this." Harry says.

"Perhaps you two should see the nurse." Ron suggests.

"I think it's a warning. It means dangers coming." I say to them.

"Uhh!" Harry rubs his scar and then I see Hagrid across the field, at his hut.

"Oh. Of course!" I start running towards the hut.

"What is it?" Hermione asks.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger shows up and just happens to have one?" We approach Hagrid, who is playing his flute. "I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pockets? Why didn't I see it before? Hagrid, who gave you the dragon egg?" Hagrid stops playing. "What did he look like?"

"I don't know. I never saw his face. He kept his hood up."

"The stranger, though, you and he must have talked." I state

"Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him. I said, "After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem."

"And did he seem interested in Fluffy?" Harry asks.

"Well, of course he was interested in Fluffy! How often do you come across a three headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told him. I said, "The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him. Take Fluffy, for example, just play him a bit of music and he falls straight to sleep." The four of us gape. "I shouldn't have told you that." We take off running towards the castle. "Where you going? Wait!"

We come tearing into McGonagalls classroom and run up the aisles between desks. We pass a ghost and stop at the desk.

"We have to see Professor Dumbledore, immediately!" Harry tells her.

"I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London."

"He's gone?! Now? But this is important! It's about...the Philosopher's Stone." Harry says.

McGonagall looks shocked, "How do you know-"

"Someone's going to try and steal it." I cut her off.

"I don't know how you four found out about the stone, but I can assure you it is perfectly well-protected. Now would you go back to your dormitories? Quietly." We leave. After exiting McGonagall's class, we walk down the hallway.

"That was no stranger Hagrid met in the village. It was Snape, which means he knows how to get past Fluffy." I say to my friends and brother.

"And with Dumbledore gone-" Hermione starts, but Snape suddenly appears behind us.

"Good afternoon. Now, what would four young Gryffindors such as yourselves be doing inside on a day like this?"

"Uh...we were just..." Hermione stutters.

"You want to be careful. People will think you're," Harry glares madly at Snape, who looks shocked, "up to something." He says and walks away.

"Now what do we do?" Hermione asks me.

"We go down the trapdoor." I state. "Tonight."

In the Gryffindor Common Room later that night, we come down the stairs and begin to walk across the floor. We stop when they hear croaking.

"Trevor." Harry states.

"Trevor shh! Go, you shouldn't be here!" Ron tries to shoo him away.

Neville appears behind a chair, "Neither should you. You're sneaking out again, arent you?"

"Now, Neville, listen. We were-" he cuts Harry off.

"No! I won't let you!" He stands. "You'll get Gryffindor in trouble again! I-I'll fight you." He holds out his fists.

"Neville, I'm really, really sorry about this..." I take out my wand. "Petrificus Totalus."

Neville is frozen and falls backwards onto the ground. I put my wand back in my pocket.

Ron gulps, "You're a little scary sometimes...you know that? Brilliant, but scary."

"Let's go." Harry says. He walks by Neville, "Sorry."

"Sorry." Hermione and I both say.

"It's for your own good, you know." Ron says before we leave the common room.