6.1

The summer after the battle in the Ministry was anything but delightful. For one thing, we had to go back to the Dursley's. For another, Harry and I lost the closest thing to a parent that we had left.

The death of Sirius Black took a toll on both of us. I barely left my room. Harry on the other hand, decided to become somewhat of a player.

He would stay out late, with a new girl every week. I lost count of how many hearts that boy has broken and used. It's like he was trying to fill the void, the emptiness, that was left after Sirius's death.

One night, a few days before the start of term, Harry convinced me to go to a local cafe with him. It was in a small subway station and I only went because of my caffeine addiction and Harry said he'd buy me a cup or two.

We sit at a table, and I notice hardly anyone in the cafe. We order our coffee and I take out a copy of the Daily Prophet, just to catch up on what's happening in the wizard of world.

"Harry and Amelia Potter. Who's Harry and Amelia Potter?" A voice asks. I look up and it's our waitress. She brought us our drinks and stares at the paper in my hands.

"Oh, um, no one." Harry says, noticing the girls beauty.

"They're both a bit of a tosser, really." I add. Harry looks at me and glares at my insult. I give him a look back like I was saying I insulted myself too.

"Funny. That paper of yours." She says, "couple of nights ago, I could have sworn I saw one of the pictures move."

I look at my brother with wide eyes. "Really? How odd." I say.

"Thought I'd gone round the twist." She says, eyeing Harry like he's a piece of meat. And he's eating the attention up.

"Hey, I was wondering..." Harry begins.

"Eleven. That's when I get off." She smiles and turns away. I finally come to the realization of the real reason we came here. She must have been next on Harry's list. "You can tell me all about the tossers Harry and Amelia Potter."

She walks off, back into the kitchen. He just watches her go with a smirk on his face. I quickly move to slap his arm and he looks to me with a confused face.

"Why'd you ask me to come? If you were just going to hit on the poor girl." I gesture angrily towards the kitchen.

"I needed a wingwoman."

"A wingwoman?"

"Yes."

"You must be joking." I roll my eyes and stare out the window. Shaking my head at my brother, I notice something.

A light on the opposite platform flickers. It flickers again and this time a small cloud of glittering dust dance under it. As a train roars past, I squint through the flickering windows and watch the dust transform into someone. But not just anyone. Professor Dumbledore.

I hit Harry's arm again.

"What?!" He asks annoyed. I point out the window and his eyes widen, seeing what I'm seeing. Dumbledore smiles and gives us a wave.

We immediately get up and move towards him, leaving the coffee shop. As we arrive, we find him studying a perfume advertisement a model with a wand in her teeth. It reads: "Tonight, make a little magic with your man."

"I once knew a muggle girl from Liverpool with hair spun like silk. No light could resist it..." he turns and faces us. "You've been reckless this summer, Harry." He looks to my brother, and then to me. "And you've been hiding, keeping yourself locked away from the rest of the world, Mia."