3.18

"Hello, Harry. Hello, Amelia." Lupin says as we walk through the door to his office. "I saw you both coming." He points to the Marauders Map. "I've looked worse, believe me."

"You've been sacked." I say, sadly.

"No. No. I resigned, actually."

"Resigned? Why?" Harry asks.

"Well, it seems that somebody let slip the nature of my condition. This time tomorrow, the owls will start arriving and parents will not want... well, someone like me teaching their children."

"But you're the best Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher we've ever had! You can't go! And Dumbledore..." I say but he cuts me off.

"He has already... risked enough on my behalf. Besides, people like me are... Well, let's just say that I'm used to it by now." Then he looks at us. "Why do you look so miserable?"

"None of it made any difference. Pettigrew escaped." Harry says. I nod in agreement.

"Didn't make any difference? It made all the difference in the world. You uncovered the truth. You saved an innocent man from a terrible fate. It made a great deal of difference. If I am proud of anything... it is of how much you have learned this year." Then he picks up the map. "Now, since I am no longer your teacher... I feel no guilt whatsoever about giving this back to you." He hands it over. "So now I'll say goodbye, Harry. Goodbye, Mia. I feel sure we'll meet again sometime." He walks you to us and I give him a hug. "Until then..." he taps the map with his wand. "mischief managed."

—————————————————————————

On the train, headed back to Kings Cross, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I sit in a compartment. Malfoy walks up to us.

"My father will hear about what you did, Potter." He spits at me. I stand and curl my fist. His eyes widen and runs off.

"You're quite scary, for a girl." Ron mutters.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Hermione asks him.

"I just mean, she's strong and-"

"And what, since she's a girl, she isn't suppose to be strong?"

"No that's not what I-"

"Honestly, you two." I roll my eyes and sit back down. "I knew what you meant Ron. Thank you."

"So it's back to the Dursley's for us." Harry says, nudging my arm with a fake smile.

"It's not all bad." I tell him. "If they try anything, we can just say Dumbledore doesn't care if we use magic outside of school."

"Mia! That's awful!" Hermione states.

"If you'd met them, you'd understand." Harry says to her.

"And besides, we're not actually going to hex them." I say. "We're just going to threaten to."

"Just don't lose control, you don't want to blow one of them up like you did your aunt." Ron says.

"Oh, I almost forgot about Marge." Harry says to me.

"I'll never forget that." I say. "It was satisfying seeing her float away like a balloon."

"Mia!" Hermione gasps. "Honestly, I don't know why I'm friends with you."

"Oh, Hermione." I smile at her. "You adore the adventure."

The four of us laugh as we ride back to London. Another year done, on to our next adventure.

End of Year 3