5.17

We sit in the great hall, all at separate desks, starting our OWLS. I look at my test, and then look over to Umbridge. Her eyes are glued to my brother and I, probably thinking we're going to cheat off of each other. If only she knew.

Then it starts. We start to hear ruckus outside of the room and Umbridge looks at the door with wide eyes. She begins to walk towards it, and just as she's about to open it, it bursts open. In fly Fred and George on their brooms, through fireworks around.

"All right, professor!" Fred says to Umbridge and then winks at me. "Here you go." He throws another firework in the air and it turns into a humongous dragon. The dragons eyes spot Umbridge and begins to fly towards her. She begins to run, but isn't very fast in her heels. She trips to the ground, and the firework dragon falls right on top of her.

The whole room cheer and follow the Weasley twins outside, seeing them off. Waving as they departure.

Fred looks back at me one last time and I send him a kiss. He acts like he catches it in his hand and rubs it in his cheek. I laugh from amusement as I watch both of them getting further and further from Hogwarts.

—————————————————————————

"I need that prophecy." Voldemort's snake-like voice says.

"You'll have to kill me." Sirius says, kneeling on the ground in a large room with multiple crystal balls on multiple shelves. I look and see the number 96 on one of the shelves behind him.

"Oh, I will. But first, you will fetch it for me." The dark wizard says. Then points his wand. "Crucio."

Sirius falls in pain and my eyes shoot open. Hermione and Ginny are already sitting on either side of my bed. Their eyes wide, faces confused.

"What is it, Mia?" Hermione asks.

"Sirius."

We move and meet the boys down in the common room.

"Harry, Mia, are you sure?" Ron asks.

"We saw it. It's just like with Mr. Weasley." I tell them.

"It's the door we've been dreaming about. I couldn't remember where we'd seen it before." Harry adds.

"Sirius said Voldemort was after something. Something he didn't have the last time, in the Department of Mysteries." I say, and we make our way into the corridors, needing to find a way out of Hogwarts and towards London. Towards the ministry.

"Harry, Mia, please, just listen." Hermione pleads and we stop. "What if Voldemort meant for you to see this? What if he's only hurting Sirius because he's trying to get to the both of you?"

"What if he is?" I scoff. "We're supposed to just let him die? Hermione, he's the only family we've got left."

"What do we do?" She asks.

"We'll have to use the Floo Network. Umbridge has the chimneys under surveillance." Harry begins to say.

"Not all of them." I say. And we make our way towards her office. The door is locked, so she's not in there. "Alohomora."

"Alert the Order if you can." Harry tells the others.

"Are you mental? We're going with you." Ron tells us.

"It's too dangerous." I tell them.

"When are you going to get it into your heads? We're in this together." Hermione says.

"That you are." Umbridges voice rings through our ears as we turn around and see her standing there. Her and her Inquisitorial Squad.

She pushes us into her office and sits Harry and I down in a chair. Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, and the others hold everyone back.

"Caught these ones trying to help the Weasley girl." Malfoy says, pulling in Neville and Luna into the office.

"You were going to Dumbledore, weren't you?" Umbridge asks us.

"No." We both say.

"Liars." She says with venom.

"You sent for me, headmistress?" Snape walls into the room and looks around at all of us.

"Snape, yes. The time has come for answers, whether he wants to give them to me or not. Have you brought the Veritaserum?"

"I'm afraid you've used up all my stores interrogating students. The last of it on Miss Chang." He says, Harry and I look to each other. Realizing she didn't mean to tell Umbridge about the DA. "Unless you wish to poison them... And I assure you, I would have the greatest sympathy if you did. I cannot help you." He turns to leave.

"He's got Padfoot." Harry cries out to him. Snape stops in his tracks. "He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden."

"Padfoot? What is Padfoot? Where what is hidden? What is he talking about, Snape?" Umbridge questions.

"No idea." He says and leaves the office.

"Very well." Umbridge states. You give me no choice, Potters. As this is an issue of Ministry security... you leave me with... no alternative." She begins to raid her wand. "The Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongues."

"That's illegal." Hermione tries to struggle out of Goyles hold.

"What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him." Her wind is now level with our eyes and I close my eyes and turn away, ready to accept the pain surely coming my way.

"Tell her, Mia and Harry!" Hermione cries.

"Tell me what?" Umbridge lowers her wand.

"Well, if you won't tell her where it is... I will."

"Where what is?"

"Dumbledore's secret weapon."