2.11

The Quidditch game against Slytherin commences and the Gryffindor team flies through the air. Harry circles high above the pitch, searching for the Golden Snitch. I weave in and out of the Slytherin chasers, trying to throw them off guard. Suddenly, Malfoy streaks by overhead.

"All right there, Scarheads?" He asks as I fly up next to Harry.

"Ignore him Harry, he's just jealous that we can actually play quidditch and he can't!" I yell loud enough for Malfoy to hear. He glares at me.

Harry turns, eyes Malfoy malevolently. Behind us, a
bludger begins to streak towards our heads.

"Harry! Mia! Watch out!" We hear Ron and Hermione yell at us. We turn our heads and I raise my bat up, hitting the bludger straight to Malfoy. Unfortunately, he dodges it.

As the force of my gut wears off of it, the bludger then circles back towards us. I look to my brother and then we get off. We weave around, trying to lose it, but it keeps its target on us.

"Harry!" I yell at him. "I think we've got ourselves a rogue bludger!"

Harry and I execute a series of zigs, zags, loops and rolls, trying to shake the Bludger, but the Bludger is relentless. As we frantically dip and dive, Malfoy cruises by.

"Training for the ballet, Potters?" He asks.

I glance over at Malfoys sneering face. And inches above his head I see a shiny, gold ball. I look to Harry and he sees it too. My brother charges at Malfoy, and the blonde Slytherin seeker looks terrified. He swings clear and watches Harry rocket past.

Then, the bludger appears again, and starts following me. I dodge it and hit it towards one of the Slytherin chasers. It knocks them down, but soon after it is after me again.

I try to dodge it and jet off, faster and faster. As I look behind me to see where the bludger is at, it comes at me from the side, hitting my shoulder and knocking me off my broom.

Luckily, I'm only about 10 feet above the ground, so it's not a big fall. After it hits me it goes after Harry again. I clutch my shoulder and since in pain as I gaze up at my brother.

He's closing in on the snitch, fingertips only inches away from catching it, when the rogue bludger smashes into Harry's arm.

"Harry!" I gasp.

He cries out, steadies himself, and with a brilliant acrobatic move, snatches the snitch out of the air with his good hand. But he is unable to control his broom with his shattered arm, causing him to hit the pitch with a sickening thud. Only a few yards away from me.

"Are you okay?" He asks me.

Before I can answer the bludger tries to smash down on us again and we're forced to roll out of the way. It keeps hitting spots on the ground inches away from us, as we try to move out of the line of fire. Then Hermione appears off to the side.

"Finite Incantatum!" With her wand raised, the bludger turns to ash and sprinkles down on us.

"Thank you." I tell her. Still trying to breath through the pain.

"Are you two okay?" She asks us.

"No, I think my... I think my arms broken." Harry tells her.

"And I definitely shattered my shoulder blade." I add.

Many concerned faces circle above us, but one pushes his way through the crowd.

"Not to worry, Harry. I will fix that arm of yours straight away." Lockhart says looking at my brother and then turns to me. "And Mia, that shoulder will be good as new!"

"No, not you." Harry and I both say.

"Oh, poor things, doesn't know what they're saying. Now, this... won't hurt a bit. Brackium emendo!" He raises his wand and casts the spell at my shoulder and Harry's arm.

My brothers arm appears to be made out of rubber, while my shoulder slopes down.

"Ah, yes, well, ha, that can sometimes happen, um, butuh, the point is, uh,..." Lockhart stammers. "...you can no longer feel any pain, and, heh- very clearly, the bones are not broken."

"Broken? There's no bones left!" Hagrid exclaims.

Lockhart bends Harry's wrist all the way back and grabs the area where my shoulder blade is suppose to be and twists it up. When he lets go, they go back to normal and continue to slope down.

"Much more flexible, though." Lockhart says, trying to be optimistic.

As we lay in the Hospital Wing, Harry and I sit in beds right next to each other. Malfoy is on the opposite side of the room with a couple of his friends while our whole quidditch team and friends are surrounding us. As Madame Pomfrey comes rushing in, Malfoy lets out a few over exaggerated moans.

"Oh, Mr. Malfoy, stop making such a fuss, you can go." She says, then pushes through the crowd to get to us. "Out of my way. Out of my way! Should've been brought straight to me. I can mend bones in a heartbeat- but growing them back..."

"You will be able to, won't you?" Hermione asks.

"Oh, I'll be able to, certainly. But it'll be painful. You're both in for a rough night, Potters. Regrowing bones is a nasty business." She pours us a glass of Skelegrow and hands it to us. We take a sip and immediately spit it back out, because of the awful taste. "Well, what do you expect? Pumpkin juice?"