2.3

We land at the Burrow, the Weasley home, and quietly enter the house. Upon doing so, Harry and I see the dishes washing themselves, a sweater knitting itself, and an odd clock with each hand with a face of the weasleys on it. Then the ones with Fred, George, and Ron move to the "Home" section.

"Come on. Okay, come on. Shh!" Fred states, rushing us in. "Shh! Ok, come on. Shh! Come on."

Ron spots a basket of rolls on the table. "Do you think it'd be all right if we had some of this?"

"Yeah, Mum would never know." George says quietly, grabbing one for himself and offering one to Harry and I. We decline, still in awe of the house.

"It's not much," Ron begins to tell us with a mouth full of food. "But it's home."

"It's bloody brilliant." I exclaim. Just then we hear angered footsteps come down the stairs.

"Where have you been?" Mrs Weasley appears, glaring at her children. Her gaze softened as she notices Harry and I. "Harry, Mia, how wonderful to see dears." Then she looks back to Ron, Fred, and George with a death glare. "Beds empty! No note! Car gone! You could have died! You could have been seen!" Then she walks up to us and gives us a warm smile. "Of course, I don't blame you two."

"They were starving them Mum. There were bars on their window." Ron tries to explain.

"Well you best hope I don't put bars on your window, Ronald Weasley!" Then she turns to us again. "Come on, Harry and Mia, time for a spot of breakfast."

She moves us over to the large dinner table and waves her wand around to bring us glasses of orange juice and toast with jam, with eggs and bacon.

"Here we are. Now tuck in, you two. That's it. There we go." She hands us napkins and a stack of pancakes with a bowl filled with biscuits.

Then a young girl runs down the stairs. "Mummy, have you seen my jumper?"

"Yes dear. It was on the cat." The looks to me and I smile and wave at her. She returns the smile, but when her eyes land on my brother, the smile vanished and her eyes go wide.

"Hello!" Harry says in a friendly tone. She then turns and runs up the stairs. "What did I do?"

"Ginny. She's been talking about you all summer. A bit annoying really." Ron tells him.

"She must have a crush on you, dear brother." I say, bumping my shoulder into his. Harry's eyes go wide. Then the front door opens and a red haired man walks in.

"Morning, Weasleys!"

"Morning dad!" The boys say.

"Morning Arthur." Mrs. Weasley says as he hugs her and kisses her cheek. He then moves to sit down next to me at the table.

"What a night! Nine raids. Nine!"

"Raids?" Harry questions you Ron.

"Dad works in the Ministry of Magic, in the misuse of muggle artifacts office. Dad loves muggles, thinks they're fascinating." Ron explains. We nod in understanding. Mr. Weasley then looks around the table and his eyes land on Harry and I.

"Well now. Who are you two?"

"Oh, sorry, sir. I'm Amelia, sir. Amelia Potter."

"Are you really?" He asks. I nod.

"Yes, and this is my brother Harry."

"Good Lord! Well, Rons told us all about you both, of course. When did they get here?" He asks, grabbing a fork full of eggs and shoveling it into his mouth.

"This morning. Your sons flew that enchanted car of yours to Surrey and back last night." Mrs. Weasley says, putting a hand on her hip and gazing at her children.

"Did you really?" Mr. Weasley questions. "How'd it go?"

"Arthur!"

"I mean... that was very wrong of you indeed, boys. Very wrong of you." He says in a faked angered voice. Then looks to Harry and I. "Now, Harry and Amelia, you must know all about muggles. Tell me, what exactly is the proper function for a rubber duck?"

"Oh, umm..." Harry begins but is interrupted by the screech of an owl.

"Oh, that'll be Errol with the post." Mrs. Weasley states, then points to the eldest Weasley boy at the table. "Fetch it for me, will you Percy?"

The owl gets closer and just as he's about to fly in through the window, he ends up smashing into it, falling to the ground.

"He's always doing that." Ron whispers to Harry and I and we stifle a laugh.

"Errol..." Percy mutters. He gets up and grabs the letters from the owl. "It's our Hogwarts letters. They sent us Harry and Amelia's as well."

"Dumbledore must know you're both here, Harry and Amelia. Doesn't miss a truck, that man." Mr. Weasley says to us.

We open the letters to see the required list of materials. I look at the book list and see multiple texts with the author Gilderoy Lockhart. Who in the bloody hell is that?

"This lot won't come cheap Mum. The spell books alone are rather expensive." Fred tells his mother.

"We'll manage." She reassures him. "There's only one place we're going to get all of this. Diagon Alley."

I finish the food and slowly walk up the stairs towards all the rooms. I reach an opened bedroom door and I see the girl, Ginny, from earlier. I tap the door lightly and walk in.

"Um, hi. Ginny, right?"

"Yes, hello." She says.

"Will you be at Hogwarts this year?"

"Yes, it's my first year. I'm very excited, but also rather nervous."

"Don't be." I tell her. "If I can survive going into it only a few days after I found out about me being a wizard, you can too."

"Thanks Amelia. You're very kind." She says with a smile.

"Well, life is short, we should spend it being kind towards others instead of being cruel, homicidal maniacs." I say. "Not to pinpoint anyone or anything."

"Right." She says, laughing at my dark joke.

"And hey, look at it this way. You already have one friend at Hogwarts." I smile at her. "And I'm sure my brother would be your friend too, that is, if you can learn how to be a normal human being around him." I smirk at her and he cheeks go red.

"How did you know?"

"Ginny, I was there when he said hello to you and your eyes went wide and you just ran off." I tell her. She cradled her head in her hands. "Your cheeks were about as red as your hair."

"I made a wonderful first impression, haven't I?" She mutters out.

"Oh, don't worry. Boys are daft, I'm sure he didn't even notice."