2.19

"Lockhart may be useless, but he's going to try and get into the Chamber. At least we can tell him what we know." I tell the boys as we walk into the DADA classroom. We open the door to his office.

"Professor, we have some information for you!" Harry exclaims. I glance around the room, noticing he's packing his things.

"Are you going somewhere?" I ask him.

"Uh, ah- well, yes- um, urgent call- unavoidable- got to go." He stammers.

"What about my sister?!" Ron asks.

"Well, um- as to that, most unfortunate. No one regrets more than I."

"You're the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher! You can't go now!"

"Well- I must say- when I took the job there was nothing in the job description about a..."

"You're running away? After all that stuff you did in your books?" Harry asks him.

"Books can be misleading!"

"You wrote them!" The boys exclaim.

"My dear boys, do use your common sense! My books wouldn't have sold half as well if people didn't think I'd done all those things!"

"You're a fraud!" I shout. "I knew it. You've just been taking credit for what other wizards have done!"

"Is there anything you can do?" Ron asks.

"Yes, now you mention it. I'm rather gifted with Memory Charms. Otherwise, you see, all those wizards would have gone blabbing. And I'd never have sold another book. In fact, ah...I'm ah...going to have to do the same to you." He pulls his wand on us, but Harry, Ron, and I already have ours raised.

"Don't even think about it." I state coldly.

We take him to the girls bathroom. There, we see Moaning Myrtle sitting on her favorite spot on the U-bend.

"Oh! Who's there? Oh! Hello, Harry! Mia!" Then she looks to Ron and her mood falls. "Ron. What do you want?"

"To ask you how you died." I state.

"Oh! It was dreadful. It happened right here in this very cubicle. I'd hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. I was crying, and then I heard somebody come in."

"Who was it Myrtle?" Harry asks.

"I don't know. I was Distraught!" She says angrily, but calms herself down. "Huhh-huh...But they said something funny, a kind of made up language. And I realized it was a boy speaking, so I unlocked the door to tell him to go away and... I died."

"Just like that? How?" Harry questions.

"I just remember seeing a pair of great big yellow eyes...over there, by that sink." She points to one of the sinks and moans off. We walk over to the sink.

Reaching my hand forward, I feel something engraved on the sight of the faucet, looking down, I see it's a serpent.

"This is it. This is it, boys. I think this is the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets."

"Say something." Ron says. "Harry, Mia, say something in Parseltongue!"

"Hesha- Hassah." We both mutter and the circular vanity turns into the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets.

"Excellent, Harry and Amelia. Haa! Good work! Well then, I'll just be, ah... There's no need for me to stay." He tries to make a run for it but the boys stop him.

"Oh, yes there is! You first." I say to him, poking him in the chest with my wand.

"Now, children, what good will it do?" He asks.

"Better you than us." Ron says. I smirk at the man before me. He smiles nervously.

"Um...but...obviously, yes." He turns around to look below at the entrance. "Sure you don't want to test it first?" I roll my eyes and shove him down. "No! Aaaah!" His screams fade out. Then he speaks again. "It's really quite filthy down here."

"Bloody brilliant, Mia." Ron mutters.

"Remind me never to annoy you." Harry says, peering over the edge of the entrance.

"All right. Let's go." I say, stifling a laugh.

"Oh, Harry?" Myrtle says. "If you die down there, you're welcome to share my toilet. Hee, hee."

"Uh...thanks Myrtle." Harry gulps nervously and we grab each other's hands. Then the three of us jump down.