4.18

Harry and I are walking along, we hear raised voices from inside the herbs store.

"It's a sign, Severus. You know what it means, as well as I." The door opens and Karkaroff and Snape are standing there. They see us and Igor leaves.

Harry and I turn to head back to the common room, but snake calls after us.

"Potters! What's your hurry?" We stop and turn back to him. "Congratulations, your performance in the black lake was inspiring. Gilliweed, am I correct?"

"Yes sir." We say in unison.

"Ingenious. A rather rare herb, gilliweed. Not something found in your everyday garden." Then he holds up a vial. "Nor is this. Know what it is?"

"Bubble juice, sir?" I ask with a hint of sarcasm.

"Verituserium. Three drops of this and you-know-who himself will spill his darkest secrets. The use of this on a student is regrettably forbidden, however should you ever steal from my personal stores again, my hand might just slip over your morning pumpkin juice."

"We haven't stolen anything." Harry tells him.

"Don't lie to me." He states coldly. "Gilliweed might be innocuous, but boomslang skin? Lacewing flies?"

"Are you suggesting we're brewing poly juice potion, Professor?" I ask him.

"As a matter of fact, I am. And I'm going to find out why." Then he closes the door in our faces.

"That was a delightful conversation." Harry says as we make our way back to the common room.

"With Snape, it always is." I joke. Then head up to the girls dormitory. When I arrive, I notice a note on my bed.

Mia,
Meet me down by the black lake. Bring a couple of blankets.
Cedric

I smile and grab my fathers invisibility cloak and a few extra blankets. Then I set out for the black lake.

When I reach my destination, I take off the cloak and Cedric jumps out from behind a tree, startling me.

"Cedric! You gave me a fright!"

"I thought you weren't scared of anything?"

"Everyone's scared of something." I tell him as he takes one of the blankets from my hands and lays it on the ground. Then we wrap ourselves up in the other and take a seat.

"I brought these." He says, taking out a basket and pulling out a mug of hot chocolate and a few pumpkin pasties.

"You really know the way to a girls heart." I say to him as I give him a kiss on the cheek.

He hands me one of the pasties and a warm cup of hot coco. I take a sip and rest my head on his shoulder.

"Are you ready for the third task tomorrow?" He asks.

"No." I tell him. "But, come to think of it, I haven't really been ready for the first or second task either."

He laughs. "Me neither."

"Just promise me, that whatever happens, whatever it may be, we'll come out of it together."

"Mia," he moves to look me in the eyes. "There's nothing I'd rather do."

I smile and lean in for a kiss. He kisses me passionately, going deeper and deeper. Then he puts his hand under my shirt and begins to pull up.

"Cedric," I stop him. "I don't know if I'm ready for that."

He looks at me with a smile. "We don't have to do anything you don't want to do. We can just sit here, if you'd like."

I give him another quick peck on the lips. "Thank you."

We sit in silence, snuggled up against each other, to keep ourselves warm. Then I turn to him one last time.

"But, if we come out of this alive..." I tell him. "That option can definitely be out on the table." I joke.

He smiles and begins kissing me again. We take each other in and just enjoy our last moments before the big day tomorrow.

Before they finally crown the winner of the triwizard tournament.