2.16

"It was Hagrid. Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago." Harry tells Ron and Hermione as we walk around on the castle grounds.

"It can't be Hagrid. It just can't be." Hermione states, not wanting to believe it.

"We don't even know this Tom Riddle. He sounds like a dirty, rotten snitch to me." Ron says.

"The monster had killed somebody, Ron. What would any of us have done?" I ask him. "Look. Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go and ask him about it?"

"That'll be a cheerful visit! 'Hello, Hagrid! Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?'"

"Mad and hairy? You wouldn't be talking about me now, would ya?"

We turn around and see Hagrid standing behind us holding a tin can.

"No!" We all exclaim.

"W- what's that you've got, Hagrid?" Harry asks nervously.

"Oh, It's a- Flesh-Eatin' Slug Repellent. For the Mandrakes, ya know. Now, accordin' to Professor Sprout, they've still got a bit o' growing up to do. But, once their acne's cleared up, we'll be able to chop 'em up and stew 'em, and then we'll get those people down at the hospital un-Petrified. In the meantime, though, you four had best be lookin' after yourselves. All right? Hmm." Then Neville appears at our side. "Hello, Neville!"

The boy looks frantic. "Harry, Mia- I don't know who did it, but you'd better come! Come on!"

We follow him into the Gryffindor boys dormitories. In their room, it is a complete mess. It's completely torn apart, looking like a tornado blew through here.

"It had to be a Gryffindor. Nobody else knows our password- unless it wasn't a student." I state.

"Who ever it was, they must have been looking for something." Ron says.

"And they found it. Tom Riddle's diary is gone." Harry tells us.

—————————————————————————

The Gryffindor quidditch team walks out of the tents, heading for the pitch. It's our match against Hufflepuff today.

"Alright, listen up." Oliver Wood begins. "We play our game, Hufflepuff doesn't stand a chance. We're stronger, quicker and smarter."

"And not to mention, they're dead scared that Mia and Harry'll Petrify them if they fly anywhere near them." Fred jokes. I turn around and hit him in the stomach.

"Well, that too." He says. Then we're blocked off from entering the pitch. "Professor McGonagall."

"This match has been cancelled." She states.

"We can't cancel Quidditch."

"Silence, Wood. You and your teammates will go to Gryffindor Tower, now." Then she turns to Harry and I. "Potters, you and I will find Mr. Weasley. There's something the both of you have to see."

She takes the three of us up to the Hospital Wing.

"I warn you, this could be a wee bit of a shock." She pulls back a curtain and we see our friend lying stuff in the bed.

"Hermione!" I yell and rush to her side.

"She was found near the Library, along with this." Professor McGonagall picks you a mirror on the bed side table. "Does it mean anything to any of you?"

"No." We mutter. I pull up a chair and sit down next to her, tears filling my eyes.