4.13

"This is mad. At this rate we'll be the only ones in our year without dates." Ron whispers to Harry as we sit in the library for study hall. Snape is watching over us, to make sure we're doing our work. When he hears Ron talking, he slaps him over the head. "Well us and Neville."

"But then again, he can take himself." Harry mutters.

"It might interest you both to know that Nevilles already got someone." I whisper, going back to my work. Ron gasps.

"Now I'm really depressed."

Fred hands Ron a nite that reads: 'Get a move on or all the good ones will have gone."

"Well, Hermione. You're a girl." Ron says to her.

"Oh, well spotted." She huffs out.

"Come on. It's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl it's just sad."

I look up and glare at him. So does she.

"I won't be going alone because believe it or not, someone's asked me." She closes her journal and takes it up to Professor Snape. She walks back to us and grabs her bag. "And I said yes."

"Bloody hell." Ron states. Then looks to me. "What do you say, Mia? Your a girl too."

"Oh am I? Thanks for clearing that up." I huff out.

"Is, is that a yes?" He asks.

"You are not taking my sister." Harry tells him.

"Why not? Are you going to take her?"

"Of course not." Harry mutters.

"And neither are you Ronald." I tell him. "Cedric actually asked me."

"What?" Harry looks up at me with wide eyes.

"Look. We've both just got to grit our teeth down and do it. Tonight when we get back to the common room, we'll both have dates, agreed?"

"Agreed." My brother answers him.

I gather my things and leave the library to try and find Hermione. Finally, I come across her sitting in our common room, by the fire. Alone.

"Hey, Hermione." I say to her.

"Hey Mia." She says sadly.

"Rons an idiot." I mutter. "He actually asked me after you left."

"He did what?" She exclaims.

"Don't worry, I said no." I tell her. "I've already got a date."

"Oh you do, do you?" She smirks. "Is it a certain Hufflepuff that happens to be a fellow triwizard champion?"

"How'd you know?" I ask.

"Oh please, I've seen the way you two look at each other. I figured it was only a matter of time." She states. "So how'd it go?"

"Well we took a walk by the Black Lake, and he was kind of stammering the whole time. It was quite adorable, really. But he asked me and then I sort of gave him a kiss as my answer." I explain.

"What? You've already kissed him?"

"Yeah. And then we walked hand in hand back up to the castle."

"Awh, Mia. I'm so happy for you."

"What about you?" I ask. "Who are you going with?"

"Um, another triwizard champion."

"Fleur?" I question.

"No." She rolls her eyes. "Viktor Krum."

"Alright, Hermione!" I high five her. "Every girls been trailing behind him for weeks, hoping to get him to ask them."

"I think that's why he asked me." She says. "Because I wasn't all over him."

"Well, for starters your not a slag." She hits my arm playfully. "And, you're incredibly beautiful." I tell her.

She smiles and gives me a hug. "Thanks."

"And for another, your best friends with Harry and I do that can give you a lot of street cred."She rolls her eyes and continues to look through her book.

Later that night, Harry joins us and Ron is escorted in by Seamus, Dean, Neville, and Ginny.

"What happened to you?" Harry asks.

"He just asked Fleur Delacour out." Ginny informs us. She sits him down in a chair.

"What?" Hermione exclaims.

"What did she say?" I ask.

"No of course." Hermione states. Ron shakes his head. "She said yes?"

"Don't be silly." Harry tells her.

"There she was, walking by." He turns to Harry. "You know how I like it when they walk. And it just sort of slipped out."

"Actually he sort of screamed at her. It was a bit frightening." Ginny says.

"What did you do then?" I ask. Ron looks up at me.

"I ran for it. What else?" Then looks back to Harry. "I'm not cut out for this Harry. I don't know what got into me."

Then Padma and Pavarti Patil wall by. "Hi Harry!" They giggle. I look to Harry and glance at the girls. Looking back and forth so that Harry catches my drift. Then his face lights up, like a light bulb when off in his head.

"Hey!" He yells and follows after them.