1.10

Harry, Hermione, Ron, and I are walking along a path with Hagrid, talking.

"Nonsense. Why would Snape put a curse on Harry and Mias brooms?" Hagrid asks.

"Who knows. Why was he trying to get past that 3 headed dog on Halloween?" Harry fires back.

"Who told you 'bout Fluffy?"

"Fluffy?" Ron questions.

"That thing has a name?" I ask him with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, of course he's got a name. He's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the-" Hagrid stood himself because he realized he said too much.

"Yes?"

"Shouldn'ta said that. Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is."

"But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it!" Harry tried to tell him.

"Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher."

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a curse when I see one. I've read all about them. You have to keep eye contact. And Snape wasn't blinking." Hermione informs him.

"Exactly." Harry states.

Hagrid sighs, "Now, you listen to me, all three of you. You're meddlin' in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel."

"Nicholas Flamel?" I question.

"I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that. I should not have said that." Hagrid then walks off.

"Nicholas Flamel...Who's Nicholas Flamel?" Harry asks Hermione.

"I don't know."

—————————————————————————

Inside the great hall, students are leaving and ghosts are singing. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, ring the Hogwarts bell. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas... Hermione approaches the empty tables, wheeling a cart. She goes to Ron, Harry, and I who are playing chess.

"Knight to E-5." Harry says confidently.

A piece moves across the board.

I think for a moment. "Queen to E-5."

A queen walks over to E-5 and clinks the knight away.

"That's totally barbaric!" Hermione states.

"That's wizard's chess. I see you've packed." Ron fires at her.

"See you haven't."

"Change of plans. My parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother, Charlie. He's studying dragons there!"

"Good. You can help Harry and Mia, then. They're going to go the library for information on Nicholas Flamel."

"We've looked a hundred times!" Ron complains.

"Not in the restricted section...Happy Christmas." Hermione then walks away.

"I think we've had a bad influence on her." I tell the boys and they nod in agreement.

—————————————————————————

Ron calling from downstairs, "Harry, wake up! Come on Mia, wake up!"

Harry and I get up and run to a balcony overlooking the common room, where Ron is standing next to a tree. We meet in the middle and peer down at Ron, who is wearing a sweater with an R on it.

"Happy Christmas, Harry." Then he looks to me. "Happy Christmas, Mia."

"Happy Christmas, Ron. What are you wearing?" I ask him.

"Oh, Mum made it for me. Looks like you've both got one too!"