2.21

"Let's match the power of Lord Voldemort, Heir of Salazar Slytherin, against the famous Harry and Amelia Potter." He turns back to the basilisk. "Sethae- He- This."

It lunges at us, but we quickly move out of the way, running away from it.

"Parseltongue won't save you now, Potters. It only obeys me!"

"Don't look. Don't look into its eyes." I whisper to Harry.

We race along the stone path, but the giant serpent is faster. Harry trips and falls, causing me to do the same. The basilisk rises. We look to the wall and see it's shadow about to strike down at us.

Suddenly Fawkes screeches and soars down towards the basilisk, circling its blunt head, confusing it. The snake snaps furiously, but Fawkes drops like a knife, driving its talons deep into the serpents eyes.

As Harry and I watch the angry play of shadows on the wall, the basilisk roars, hissing in pain. Fawkes wings away, it's talons dripping with blood and we turn to look at the basilisks eyes. All we see is the blind, bloody mess.

"No! Your bird may have blinded the basilisk, but it can still hear you!" Tom shouts.

As Harry and I flee, the serpent thunders after, striking blindly, as its whipping tail shatters a slytherin statue. We dodge and duck, then, seeing the snake about to strike again, I grab Harry's hand and leap clear, stumbling toward a side tunnel.

We race down headlong into the shadows, then look back and see the snake eclipse the light at the far end of the tunnel and slither quickly inside. Thinking quickly, Harry grabs my hand and we duck into an alcove. We put our hands over our mouths and wait, desperate to remain still.

The basilisks head pops in, facing us. Moving slowly towards us, with its fangs out. I look down and see a stone laying on the floor. Reaching down to pick it up, I toss it down the opposite way, hoping it leads the serpent away from us.

Thankfully, it does.

We dash back into the main chamber. Ginny looks frighteningly pale. Tom grins cruelly.

"Yes, Potters. The process is nearly complete. In a few minutes, Ginny Weasley will be dead. And I will cease to be a memory. Lord Voldemort will return. Very much... alive."

Harry moves towards Ginny, then suddenly the basilisk shoots out of the tunnel, hissing directly in front of us.

Harry glances around and sees a Rudy red handle of a sword, gleaming out of the sorting hat. He grabs it and runs towards the statue of Salazar Slytherin. I follow after him. The serpent strikes madly, but we continue on. Climbing boldly until we reach the top. With the sword in hand, Harry starts slashing at the serpent. It strikes again, knocking Harry off the top of the statue, barely hanging on to the side. As he fell, he dropped the sword and I see it slowly sliding off the statue.

I jump for it and grab it before it can fall completely. Standing up straight, trying to find my footing. The basilisk heard my feet moving and pins a target on me. It's ready to strike.

Fangs bared, the head of the serpent comes towards me, but I stab the sword through the roof of its mouth. It hisses in pain, thrashing madly as it drives a fang into my forearm. I clutch it in agony, stumble back and fall to the ground. Harry climbs back up to me and we watch as the snake thrashes it's head, then goes still, falling to the ground. It's finally dead.

I yank the dank free from my arm and Harry helps me down off the statue. We make our way back over to where Ginny lies and Tom stands.

Toms eyes shine at the sight of my wound.

"Remarkable isn't it, how quickly the venom of the basilisk penetrates the body? I'd guess you have little more than a minute to live. You'll be with your dear Mudblood mother soon, Mia. And you, Harry. When I come back, I will use all of my strength to kill you." I glance at Harry and then look down at the fang in my hand. "Funny, the damage a silly little book can do... especially in the hands of a silly, little girl." Harry pulls the diary from Ginnys hands. "What are you doing?"
He turns to one of the pages and I lift the fang high in the air, eyes glued on Tom. "Stop! No!"

I bring the fang down, stabbing it into the pages. Ink begins to pour out, and a hole appears on Toms body. He screams in pain. I then lift the fang up and stab it into the other side. The same thing happens, and another hole on toms body appears. He's still screaming in pain.

I hand the fang to Harry. He closes the diary and stabs it on the front cover. A massive hole right in Toms chest appears, and soon he bursts into light. Disappearing right before our eyes.

Then Ginnys eyes open.

"Ginny..." Harry mutters.

"Harry. Mia. It was me- but I swear, I didn't mean to! Riddle made me, and... Mia, you're hurt!"

"Don't worry. Ginny, you need to get yourself out. Follow the Chamber, and you'll find Ron." I then look to Harry. "You go too. I don't want you to see me like this."

"I'm not leaving you, Mia."

I smile at him as Fawkes lands next to me. "You were brilliant, Fawkes. I just wasn't quick enough..."

Fawkes moves his head down towards my stab wound. I sear tears begin to swell in his eyes and he allows a few drops to fall, landing in my arm. The gash quickly disappears, and I already feel loads better.

"Of course! Phoenix tears have healing powers." Harry exclaims. "You said that in Dumbledores office."

"That's right. I did." I say, looking at Fawkes and rubbing the spot under his beak. "Thanks!"

"It's alright, Ginny. It's over." Harry tells her.

"It's just a memory."