3.6

"Welcome, my children." Professor Trelawny says whimsically. "In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the Sight." She moves around the room gracefully. "Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together we shall cast ourselves into the future. This term, we'll focus on Tasseomancy, the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you. What do you see?" She walks around the room, eyeing the students. "The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first, you must broaden your minds. First, you must look beyond."

"What a load of rubbish." I mutter to Ron, Harry, and Hermione.

"Where did you come from?" Ron asks me.

"Me? I've been here all this time."

"You, boy..." Our teacher points to Neville. "Is your grandmother quite well?"

"I think so." He says nervously.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that." She states. "Give me the cup." She takes a look at the tea leaves. "Pity." Then continues around the room. "Broaden your minds." She stops by Ron. "Your aura is pulsing, dear. Are you in the beyond? I think you are."

"Sure." He says, confused.

"Look at the cup. Tell me what you see." She says and Ron picks up Harry's cup.

"Yeah. Harry's got sort of a wonky cross. That's trials and suffering. And that there could be the sun and that's happiness." He goes on.

"So... you're gonna suffer, but you're gonna be happy about it." I whisper to Harry and he stifles a laugh.

"Give me the cup." Professor Trelawny takes it from him. "Oh, my dear boy." She jumps. "My dear... you have the Grim."

"The Grin? What's the Grin?" Ron asks.

"Not the Grin, you idiot. The Grim." I say, looking at my textbook. "Taking form of a giant spectral dog. It's among the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen... of death." Then I look at my cup. "I think I have it, too."

Professor Trelawny takes mine and looks at it, jumping again. "My dear, I believe you are right."

—————————————————————————

"You don't think that Grim thing's got anything to do with Sirius Black?" Ron asks me as the four of us walk down towards Hagrids Hut.

"Oh, honestly, Ron. If you ask me, Divination's a woolly discipline. Now, Ancient Runes, that's a fascinating subject."

"Ancient Runes? Exactly how many classes are you taking?" He questions.

"A fair few."

"Hang on. That's not possible. Ancient Runes is in the same time as Divination. You have to be in two classes at once." Hermione questions. I can see she's growing suspicious.

"Don't be silly. How could anyone be in two classes at once?" I ask her as we reach the rest of our class for Care of Magical Creatures.

"Broaden your minds. Use your Inner Eye to see the future." Hermione mocks Professor Trelawny.

"That's it. Come on, now. Come closer. Less talking, if you don't mind. I got a real treat for you today. A great lesson. So follow me." Hagrid begins as he starts to lead us into the Dark Forest. "Right, you lot. Less chattering. Form a group over there. And open your books to page 49."

"Exactly how do we do that?" Malfoy asks him.

"Just stroke the spine, of course."

"Goodness me." Neville mutters as he unlocks his book first before stroking the spine. It starts attacking him.