5.16

"Any idea where he's taking us?" Ron asks Hermione, Harry, and I as Hagrid leads us into the dark forest.

"Hagrid, why can't you just tell us?" I ask.

"I've never seen the centaurs so riled. And they're dangerous at the best of times. The Ministry restricts
their territory much more... they'll have a full
uprising on their hands." He states.

"Hagrid, what's going on?" Harry asks.

"I'm sorry to be so mysterious, you four. I wouldn't be bothering you at all with it, but with Dumbledore gone... I'll likely be getting the sack any day now. And I just couldn't leave without telling someone about him." He says and then stops at a large tree. "Grawpy."

A giant walks out into our view. He looks young, for a giant, but he still towers over us. He hears Hagrid call his name and looks around, trying to find him.

"Down here, you great buffoon." Hagrid says and the giant looks down at us. "Grawpy. Brought you some company." He gestured to us. "I couldn't just leave him, because... Because he's my brother."

"Blimey." Ron mutters.

"Well, half brother, really. He's completely harmless, just like I said. Little high-spirited, is all."

Grawp moves forward and picks up Hermione and I. He tightens his grip around our waists and we're hoisted up in the air.

"Grawpy, that is not polite." Hagrid scolds.

"Hagrid, do something." Ron tells him.

"We talked about this. You do not grab, do you? That's your new friends, Hermione and Mia."

"Grawpy. Grawp." I say, pointing my figure out him with a commanding voice. "Put us down. Now."

He gently sets us down and takes a few steps back.

"You all right?" Harry asks us.

"Fine." I say. "Just needs a firm hand, is all."

Grawp comes back with a bell from a bike. He rings it and hands it to Hermione and I. We take turns ringing the bell and the giant smiles happily and takes a seat on the ground, clapping his hands.

"I think you two have got an admirer." Hagrid says.

"You just stay away from them, all right?" Ron says angrily.

"He gets his own food and all. It's company he'll be needing when I'm gone. You will look after him, won't you? I'm the only family he's got."

"Of course, Hagrid." I tell him.

—————————————————————————

I see visions of Cedric and I, walking hand in hand. Then us dancing at the Yule Ball. We move to go talk, and then the moment he asks me to be his girlfriend.

"Feeling sentimental?" Snape questions.

I'm pulled back to reality as Harry and I sit in Snapes office. "That's private."

"Not to me." He growls. "And not to the Dark Lord, if you don't improve. Every memory he has access to is a weapon he can use against you. You won't last two seconds if he invades your mind." He turns his back to us. "Both of you are just like your father. Lazy, arrogant."

"Don't say a word against our father." I point my wand at him.

"Weak."

"We're not weak." Harry stand next to me.

"Then prove it. Control your emotions. Discipline your mind. Legilimens."

"Harry!" Snape invades his mind and he falls into the chair. "Stop it."

"Is this what you call control?"

"We've been at it for hours. If we could just rest." I try to say.

"The Dark Lord isn't resting." He says. "You, your brother, and Black, you're three of a kind. Sentimental children forever whining about how bitterly unfair your lives have been. Well, it may have escaped your notice, but life isn't fair. Your blessed father knew that. In fact, he frequently saw to it."

"Our father was a great man." I say through gritted teeth.

"Your father was a swine."

Without thinking I stand up and point my wand at Snape. "Legilimens."

I see his thoughts. He sits there, on the Hogwarts grounds.

"Come on, Moony, Padfoot." A boy comes up to him. They approach young Professor snape. "Snape. Expelliarmus."

Snapes wand flies out of his hand.

"Nice one, James." Another young boy says.

"Dad." I look to the first boy. "Sirius." I look to the second.

"Impedimenta." My younger father casts the spell at Snape, and begins dangling him upside down.

"Snivellus Greasy. Snivellus Greasy." The crowd chants.

"Right. Who wants to see me take off Snivelly's trousers?" Young dad asks with a mischievous grin.

"Snivellus Greasy. Snivellus Greasy."

"Enough. Enough." Snape says, finally blocking me from his mind. "Your lessons are at an end."

"I..." i stammer.

"Get out." He says coldly and Harry and I rush out of the room.

"What did you see?" Harry asks me.

"Dad, Sirius. They were, bullying him." I try to explain, still shocked by the recollection. "I kind of feel bad."

"After everything he's done to us, I think it's fine." Harry says. Then I come across Fred and George sitting with a first year. The first year is crying, in pain. And I see him looking down at his hand.

"Umbridge." I mutter. Then I turn to my brother. "I'll meet up with you later, Harry." He nods and walks off. I move to take a seat on the other side of the first year. "What's your name?"

"Michael."

"Your hand's gonna be fine, Michael." I tell him.

"Yeah. It's not as bad as it seems. See? It's fading already." Fred tells him.

"You can hardly see ours anymore, and the pain stops after a while." I put my arm around the first year and he nuzzles up into my chest. I try to calm him down.  Then Umbridge comes up to me.

"As I told you once before, Miss Potter... naughty children deserve to be punished." She says with a smirk and walks off.

"You know, George... I've always felt our futures lay outside the world of academic achievement." Fred says to his brother.

"Fred, I was just thinking the exact same thing."

"I'm really gonna miss you, Freddie." I say. "You too, George."

Fred stands and grabs my hand to guide me to stand up as well. He places a sweet kiss on my lips and looks me deeply in my eyes. "Mia, it won't be goodbye. Only a see you later."