4.20

The cup was a portkey. We ported to a graveyard. A strangely familiar grave yard.

"You guys okay?" Cedric asks as he helps me up from the ground

"Yeah, you?" I ask and he nods.

"Where are we?"

"Harry, we've been here before." I mutter to my brother.  He looks to me with wide eyes.

"It's a portkey." Cedric laughs as he examines the cup. "The cup is a portkey."

"We've definitely been here before." Harry says to me. I look at both the boys.

"We have to get back to the cup! Now!"

"What are you talking about?" Cedric asks and before either Harry or I could answer we begin to scream out in pain. Our scars are burning. More than they ever have before. Cedric notices and comes to my aid. "What is it?"

"Get back to the cup!" Harry yells.  Then a short, plump figure starts to approach us. He's carrying a hooded, small, skeleton of a person in his arms.

Cedric gets up and readies his wand. "Who are you? What do you want?"

"Kill the spare." We hear a raspy voice say. I look up.

"Cedric, run!" I shout. But it's too late. Wormtail already casts the killing curse and Cedric falls to the ground, lifeless. I crawl over to him. "Cedric!"

I cry out in pain. Tears start to form in my eyes as I cradle the dead body of the man I was falling in love with in my hands. Harry tried to comfort me, but the Wormtail takes his wand again and lifts us up against a statue and it pulls us close to it, trapping us in. I still don't out in pain.

"Do it, now!" The same raspy voice instructs Wormtail. I have a feeling I know who it is, I just hope I'm wrong.

Wormtail drops the skeleton into a large cauldron, then whips his wand around. "Bones of the father, unwillingly given." A bone hover in the air under his control, and he drops it into the cauldron. "Flesh of the servant willingly sacrificed." He takes out a knife and slashed his arm over the cauldron. "Blood of the enemy forcibly taken." He walks over to Harry and I, and with the same knife and cuts into our arms. We cry out in pain. Then Wormtail walks the knife carefully back to the cauldron and lets our blood drop in. "The dark lord shall rise again."

The cauldron bursts into flames and a man emerges, his robes fly to his body and he looks to Wormtail.

"My wand, Wormtail."He takes his wand from his servant. "Hold our your arm."

"Master. Thank you, master." Wormtail quivers and holds out the nun of his wrist.

"Your other arm Wormtail!" He instructs. And grabs his arm. Showing the dark mark, and calls his followers to him.

"Welcome my friends." Voldemort says to his death eaters. "Thirty years its been, and yet you stand here before me as though it were only yesterday. I confess myself disappointed. Not one of you tried to find me." He begins slashing through the hooded figures, angrily. "Not even you, Lucius."

"My lord. Had I detected any sign or even a whisper of your whereabouts...."

"There were signs my friend. And even more than whispers."

"I assure you, I never renounced the old ways. The face I have been obliged to present each day since your absence, that was my true mask." Mr. Malfoy states and I silently growl in anger, still torn up about Cedric.

"I returned." Wormtail states.

"Out of fear, not loyalty." Voldemort spits. But then walks over to him. "Still you have proved yourself useful these past few months Wormtail."

He takes his arm and waves his wand, granting his servant with a new hand.

"Thank you, master. Thank you."

Then Voldemort walks over to Cedrics body. "Such a handsome boy." He says, putting his dirty foot on his face. My blood begins to boil.

"Don't touch him!" I yell at the dark wizard.

"Oh, Amelia, Harry. I almost forgot you were here. Standing on the bones of my father. I'd introduce you but word has it you're almost as famous as me these days. The boy and girl who lived. How lies have fed your legend, Mia and Harry. Shall I reveal what really happened that night thirteen years ago? Shall I divulge how I truly lost my powers? It was love." He tells his followers. "You see when dear sweet Lily Potter gave her life for her only son and daughter, she provided the ultimate protection. I could not touch them. It was old magic, something I should have forseen. But no matter, no matter. Things have changed, I can touch you now!"

He comes up to us and outstretches his hands. Laying a finger on each of our scars. We both scream in agony.

"Astonishing what a few drops of your blood will do eh Harry and Amelia?" He then undoes the hold the statue had on us and we fall to the ground. "Pick up your wands Potters. I said pick them up, get up. Get up! You've been taught how to duel I presume yes? First we bow to each other." Harry and I refuse to bow. "Come on now Harry and Mia, the niceties must be observed, Dumbledore would not want you to forget your manners now would he? I said bow!"

He points his wand at us and uses the Imperius curse to get us to bow. "That's better. And now..." Voldemort casts the cruciatus curse at us and we begin wriggling in pain.

"Atta boy Harry, atta girl Amelia. Your parents would be proud. Especially your filthy mongrel mother. I'm going to kill you Harry and Amelia Potter, I'm going to destroy you. After tonight no one will ever again question my powers. After tonight if they speak of you they'll speak only of how you begged for death, and I being a merciful lord obliged. Get up." He pulls us to our feet, still in pain from the curse, we start to run away. "Don't turn your back on me, Harry and Amelia Potter!" He waves his wand and a few head stones around us get destroyed. "I want you to look at me when I kill you both, I want to see the lights leave both of your eyes."

We sit behind his fathers grave stone. Harry and I look at each other. I close my eyes and take in a deep breath, letting it out slowly. We both stand up and walk towards Voldemort.

"Have it your way." Harry tells him.

"You're going to pay, Tom. For what you've done to us and every wizard who has suffered at your hand!" I Yep and wave my wand. "Stupefy!"

"Expelliarmus!" Harry yells at the same time as I cast my spell. Voldemort waves his wand and our spells collide. Connecting.

"Do nothing." Voldemort tells his followers as they move to help him. "They are mine to finish! Mine!"

Shapes then begin to appear around the surrounding magical energy. First our Dad pops out and lands next to us. Then our Mum. Then Cedric. Then the old man from our dream, the muggle caretaker. They're all transparent. Like ghosts. Like souls.

"Harry, Mia, when the connection is broken you must get to the portkey. We can delay it for a moment to give you time, but only for a moment, do you understand!?" Our father tells us and we both nod our heads.

"Harry, Mia, take my body back will you? Take my body back to my father." He says and we nod. A tear rolls down my cheek and he walks up to me, wiping it away. "You were my first and last love Mia, thank you."

"I'm sorry, Cedric! I'm so sorry." I say to him, sobbing.

"Don't be." He winks at me and I smile at him. He kisses my cheek and moves out of the way to let our mother come up to us.

"Let go. Sweethearts, you're both ready. Let go!" She whispers in our ears. Then we break the connection. Smoke crowds around Voldemort and the death eaters. Harry and I quickly grab each other's hands and run over to Cedric.

"Accio Cup!" I say and the triwizard cup soars through the air into our hands. Holding onto Cedric, we then port out of there.