2.23

Sitting at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall, the boys and I stuff our faces. Turns out almost being killed by a basilisk, but in turn, ending up killing it, saving one of my best friends' sister, defeating Voldemort, again, and finally, freeing a house elf can really work up an appetite.

"Harry, Mia- it's Hermione!" Neville informs us. We all look to the front entrap to the hall and see her standing there, smiling wide. I immediately get up and run over to her, engulfing her in a hug.

"Oh, thank Merlin! I missed my best friend!" I say to her and then release her from my hold. "Do you have any idea how difficult it was to deal with my brother and Ronald by myself!"

I smile again and then pull her back in to a hug. Then, I guide her towards the rest of our friends. She hugs my brother and turn to Ron. They both go in for a hug, but then stop themselves.

"Uhh-um... Welcome back, Hermione." He shakes her hand.

"It's good to be back! Congratulations! I can't believe you solved it!"

"Oh please, look who you're talking to!" I exclaim in a joking manner. We all laugh.

"Well, we had loads of help from you. We couldn't have done it without you." Harry tells her.

"Thanks."

"Could I have your attention, please?" Professor McGonagall silences us. The four of us sit back down at our places and Dumbledore steps up to the front of the room.

"Before we begin the feast, let us have a round of applause for Professor Sprout and Madame Pomfrey, whose Mandrake juice has been so successfully administered to all who had been Petrified." We all cheer in thanks, and I give my best friend another hug. "Also, in light of the recent events, as a school treat, all exams have been canceled."

"Oh, no!" Hermione mutters, but I don't mind. In light of everything, I think we deserve it. Then the hall doors open once again and Hagrid is standing there.

"Sorry I'm late! The owl that delivered my release papers got all lost and confused. Some ruddy bird called Errol." He moves down the aisle and stops behind us. The four of us peer up at him. "And I'd just like to say that if it hadn't been for you, Harry and Mia, and Ron, and Hermione, o' course, I woulduh- I'd still be you-know-where, so I- I'd just like to say 'Thanks.'"

"Well, there's no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid." Harry tells him and we all give him a group hug.

—————————————————————————

Back in the Hogwarts Express, on our way home, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I sit in a compartment.

"So I'll come visit sometime this summer, Hermione." I tell her.

"Oh, yes, please do." She lights up. "And Harry, you and Ron are welcome to come as well."

"Or it can be a boy free weekend." I suggest. The boys give me a overly dramatic confused look. "Sorry. There's just some things we can't talk about with you."

"Oh yeah, like what?" Ron asks.

"Like crushes, and shoes-" Hermione explains.

"And menstruation." I state plainly.

"Ew, gross! Never mind, lalala." Ron plugs his ears, trying to drown us out.

"Anyway," Harry begins. "I'm really glad you didn't die down there Mia. I don't know what I would have done with myself."

"You probably would have shriveled up, unable to live on without me." I say, and then smirk at him. "I'm kidding. You would have been fine. You're stronger than you think you are, younger brother."

"Only by 3 minutes." He smirks.

"Yeah, but that's 3 extra minutes I lived in this world without you."

We then laugh and sit in silence, looking out the window of the train. Then Ron and Hermione jolt forward.

"Wait!" They say in unison. "Mia, you died?"

End of Year 2