1.14

The four of us are under the Invisibility cloak, sneaking along the corridor.

"Ow! You stood on my foot!" Hermione whispers to Ron.

"Sorry." A flame lights. Hermione draws out her wand and points it at the door.

"Alohomora."

The door opens and we go in.

"Wait a minute...he's...." a blow of air, and the cloak flutters off us. "Sleeping."

"Snape's already been here. He's put a spell on the harp." Harry says, and we approach the sleeping dog.

"Uh. It's got horrible breath!" Ron complains.

"We have to move its paw." I say.

"What?!"

"Come on!" We grab the paw, which is blocking the door. "Okay. Push!" We strain and move it. We open the door. "We'll go first. Don't follow until one of us gives you a sign. If something bad happens, get yourselves out..." I notice the harp has stopped playing. "Does it seem a bit...quiet?"

"The harp. It stopped playing." Hermione informs the boys and I.

Drool comes down on Ron's shoulder. "Ew! Yuck! Ugh." All of us look up and see Fluffy standing there. Fluffy barks and growls, thrashing. It breaks the harp and dives at us.

"Jump! Go!" Harry yells and we all jump through the trapdoor.

"Ahh!" Ron gasps as he lands on some mushy black ropelike vines. "Whoa. Lucky this plant-thing is here, really."

"Whoa!" Harry exclaims. The plant begins to move towards us. "Oh. Ahh!" The plant ties us up.

"Stop moving, both of you. This is Devil's Snare." Hermione informs the boys.

"You have to relax. If you don't, it will only kill you faster." I add.

"Kill us faster?! Oh, now I can relax!" Ron exclaims.

Hermione and I manage a smile as we are sucked down below.

"Hermione!! Mia!" The boys shout.

"Now what are we gonna do?!" Ron asks Harry.

"Just relax!" Hermione yells.

"Hermione! Where are you?!" Harry asks. "Is Mia with you?"

"Do what we say. Trust me." I tell the boys.

Harry relaxes and is sucked through.

"Ahh! Harry!" Ron says.

Harry falls through and lands on the hard ground. Hermione and I go over to him and he stands up.

"Harry!" Ron continues to yell.

"Are you okay?" Hermione asks him.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine."

"Help!" We hear from above.

"He's not relaxing, is he?" I ask, panicked.

"Apparently not."

"Help! Help me!"

"We've got to do something!" Hermione exclaims.

"What?"

"Uh! I remember reading something in Herbology." I say. "Um Devil's Snare, Devil's Scare, it's deadly fun...but will sulk in the sun! That's it! Devil's Snare hates sunlight!" I take out my wand and point it upwards. "Lumus Solem!" A beam of light shoots out. The Snare shrieks and recoils. Ron falls below.

"Ahhh!" He screams.

"Ron, are you okay?" Harry asks.

"Yeah." Harry helps him up. "Whew. Lucky we didn't panic!"

"Lucky Amelia pays attention in Herbology."

There is a sound.

"What is that?" Hermione asks.

"I don't know. Sounds like wings."

We enter into a room filled with golden, flying, What look to be birds.

"Curious. I've never seen birds like these." Hermione states.

"They're not birds, they're keys. And I'll bet one of them fits that door." I say. We come upon two broomsticks, suspended in the air.

"What's this all about?" Hermione asks.

"I don't know. Strange." Harry says, looking to me.

Ron creeps over to the door and takes out his wand. He rattles the lock. "Alohomora!" He shrugs. "Well, it was worth a try."

"Ugh! What're we going to do? There must be 1000 keys up there!" Hermione huffs out in anger.

"We're looking for a big old fashioned one. Probably rusty like the handle." Ron states.

"There! I see it!" I point at the key. "The one with the broken wing!" Harry and I look at the brooms.

"What's wrong?" Hermione asks.

"It's too simple." Harry states and I nod in agreement.

"Oh, go on, Harry! If Snape can catch it on that old broomstick, you can! You're the youngest seeker in a century! And you Mia, you're a bloody beater for Merlin's sake. You two can do this!" Ron tells us.

We nod and grab the brooms. All the keys suddenly go one direction, right at us. We climb on, swiping at them.

"This complicates things a bit!" Ron exclaims.

"Oh, you think so?!" I shout, annoyed.

Harry and I push off into the air. We fly after the key. I spot a wooden stick on the ground and go down to pick it up. I swat at the keys going after Harry. I send them in every direction, but a few start to scratch up my sweater and hands. Then one zooms last my cheek, and I feel a small cut just below my eye. Then I see Harry grabs the key.

"Catch the key!" Harry yells down to Ron and Hermione.

He zooms by and throws the key to Hermione, who catches it and heads for the lock while Harry and I distract the other keys. Hermione puts it in the lock.

"Hurry up!" I hear Ron yell below.

The door opens, and Hermione and Ron rush through, followed by Harry and I. They shut the door just as the keys slam up against it.