4.9

As I search for Cedric, to tell him about the dragons, I notice a badge most of the students are wearing. It depicts Cedric on a bright yellow background. Then it spins and shows Harry and I on a green background with the words 'Potters Stink' on it. As I walk along, some aim insults at me, then a young boy runs past.

"Potters stink! Cedric rules!"

"Thanks." I mutter. Then I reach a doorway where two hufflepuffs are standing in the way. I look up and see they're wearing the badges too. "Excuse me."

"Like the badge?" One of them asks and I just push my way through them. They laugh and I find Cedric sitting with a group of his friends. The boys hurl off more insults my way, but I block them out.

"Can I have a word?" I ask, annoyed.

"Alright." He says and we walk off to where we can't be heard. "Look, about the badges, I've asked them not to wear them."

"It's fine." I tell him, shaking it off. "Dragons. That's the first task. They have one for each of us."

"Dragons? Fleur and Viktor? Do they know?"

"Yes."

"Wow, they're really testing us, aren't they?"

"They're not the only ones." I say, glaring at a group of students looking at me, whispering amongst them selves and then laughing.

"Just ignore them. You and your brother will do great, and they'll all come running back to support you too."

"Thanks Cedric." I smile to him. "You will too, you know. Do great I mean. You're an amazing wizard."

"Yeah, but I didn't survive You-Know-Who, twice, and then kill a giant snake."

"Harry and I had loads of help with that. We couldn't have done that ourselves."

"Don't sell yourself short Mia." He winks at me and then walks away. I can't help but smile.

Harry then runs up to me. "Did you tell him?"

"Yeah, I just did."

"How'd he take it?" We start walking back through the grounds.

"Surprisingly well."

Ron and Seamus are walking along. Harry approaches them.

"You're a right foul git you know that?" Harry says to Ron.

"You think so?" He asks him.

"I know so."

"Anything else?"

"Yeah, stay away from me. And my sister."

"Fine." Harry begins to walk off. "Got anything to add?" Ron asks me.

"No. Look, I'm sorry. About what I've said before." He gives me a confused look. "And thank you for the tip on the dragons."

I begin to walk off but he calls after me. "Mia?" I turn. "I'm sorry, too."

"I forgive you." I smile and run after Harry. "You need to learn to control your temper, dear brother."

"Coming from you? That's funny." I nudge him. Then Malfoy jumps down from a tree.

"Why so tense, Potters? My father and zig have a bet you see. I don't think you'll last 10 minutes in the tournament." He laughs. "He disagrees. He think you both won't last five."

I take out my wand and walk up to him. "I don't give a damn what you and your father think. He's vile and cruel." I act like I'm going to punch him in the face and he flinched. "And you're just pathetic."

I turn back to Harry and we move to leave the courtyard. But Malfoy tries to cast a spell on us as our backs are turned. Luckily, Mad-Eye appears and turns him into a ferret.

"That'll teach you to cast when someone's back is turned." He shakes him up and down.

"Professor Moody what are you doing?" Professor McGonagall questions.

"Teaching."

"Is that- is that a student?"

"Technically it's a ferret."

Mad-Eye is making the ferret hover around. He sends it up the trouser leg of one of Draco's friends. He squirms and looks uncomfortable. Everyone else is laughing. Mad-Eye winks to Harry and I and we laugh. Eventually it comes back out and McGonagall turns Draco back to normal.

"My father will hear about this!"

"Is that a threat?" Moody shouts after him as Malfoy runs away. "I could tell you stories about your father that would curl even your greasy hair boy! It doesn't end here!"

"We never use Transfiguration as a form of punishment, surely Dumbledore told you that." McGonagall looks furious.

"He might have mentioned it." Moody says.

"Well you will do well to remember it!" She then strides off. Then Mad-Eye looks to us.

"Come with me."

We follow him into his office. It's filled with many peculiar things. I see a circular glass object and begin to study it, trying to figure out what it is.

"Thats a foal glass. Let's me keep an eye on my enemies." He tells me. "If I can see the whites of their eyes they're standing right behind me."

Then a noise emerges from a trunk on the floor and it shakes. Harry and I jump back, startled by it.

"Wouldn't even bother telling you what's in there. You wouldn't believe if if I did." He mutters then takes a seat. He unhooks his prosthetic leg and places is next to him, rubbing his leg. "Now.... what are you two going to do about your dragons?"

"Oh... um... you know we just thought we'd...." Harry trails off.

"Sit." Moody instructs us. We do as he says. "Listen to me Potters. Your pal Diggory, by your age he could take a whistle into a watch and have it sing you the time. Miss Delacour, she's as much a fairy princess as you, Amelia, or as I am. As for Krum, his head may be filled with sawdust but Karkaroff's is not. They'll have a strategy, and you can bet that it'll play to Krum's strengths. Hmm? Come on Potters. What are your strengths?"

"Um... I dunno... we can fly." Harry tells him.

"Well, I'm a fair flyer." I add. "And I'm good with potions."

"Better than fair the way I heard it."

"But we're not allowed a broom." Harry tells him.

"Or any potions ingredients." I say.

"Your allowed..." he leans into us. "A wand."