4.16

The Weasly twins are shouting, busy taking bets. Harry and I are walking along with Neville, he has some green plantlife in his hand.

"You sure about this Neville?" Harry asks.

"Absolutely."

"For an hour?" I question, taking the followers from him.

"Most likely."

"Most likely?" Harry and I question.

"Well there is some debate among herbologists as to the affects of freshwater versus saltwater."

"And you're just telling us this now? You must be joking." Harry asks him.

"I just wanted to help." Neville mutters as we continue to walk towards the docks.

"Well that makes you a tight sight better than Ron and Hermione." I tell him and then turn around to search the crowd. "Where are they?"

"You seem a little tense, Harry and Mia."

"Do we?" We both question and get on a small boat that takes us to the stands of the second task.

"Welcome to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each are champions. The treasure of sorts. These five treasures, one for each champion now Ally on the bottom of the black lake. In order to win each champion needs only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have one hour to do so in one hour only after that will be on their own." Dumbledore begins to explain to the crowd.

Moody comes up to Harry and I. "Put that in your mouths." He says, referring to the gilliweed.

We do as he says, but both of us start choking on it.

"You may begin at the start of the canon...." Dumbledore states.

The cannon fires and the champions enter the water, three of them dive in while Harry and I are pushed. Underwater the effects of gilliweed take hold, and our hands and feet become webbed.

"Well, this is helpful." I tell Harry as we feel the side of our necks. Gills have popped up so that we can breath under water.

"Let's go. We only have an hour. And we don't even know what they took."

I nod my head and we begin our search. Swimming through the seaweed, moving all around. Just trying to find a clue as to which direction we need to be going. Then, we look over and see Fleur swimming a few feet away with the Bubble-Head Charm. Then hear muffled screams, and she disappears. I look to Harry.

"We need to get out of here." I tell him and he nods. Then we hear it. The same melody from the golden egg. Swimming towards it, we come across Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Zachariah Smith and a blonde girl from Beauxbatons tied in place by their ankles.

Then, Cedric gets there, and he takes Smith with him, who happens to be his best friend. He then looks to me and taps his wand on his wrist. Telling us that time is about to run out. Harry and I set off, about to free Ron, Hermione, and Ginny, but vicious merpeople appear. Placing their tridents against out necks.

"But she's our friend, too." Harry tells them, referring to Hermione.

"Only one." It growls out.

What looks like a shark approaches at high speed. We see that it has legs and it's Viktor. He takes Hermione and heads for the surface. Harry frees Ron while I free Ginny.

I look over and see the blonde girl that Fleur was unable to rescue. Without thinking, I loosen her rope too and start heading for the surface with both Ginny and who I think is Fleurs little sister. Harry swims towards the surface as I get attacked. I'm held held down, so I push Ginny and the girl towards the surface.

Harry looks back at me and begins pushing Ron up as well, so that he can come and help me. The grindylows under the water start lashing at me, giving me deep cuts. As Harry makes his way towards me, the gilliweed wears off and he's unable to breath.

I then cast a spell which propels me towards the surface. "Ascendio!"

Passing Harry on the way, I grab onto him and we fly out and land on the decking where the crowd is. Hacking and coughing, trying to get the water out of our lungs.

"Harry! Mia!" Dumbledore exclaims.

"Get them more towels!" Mr. Crouch tells his assistant.

"I want all the judges over here, now." Dumbledore says. And they walk away to converse in private. The. Fleur runs up to us.

"You saved her, even though she wasn't yours to save. My little sister!" She kisses Harry on his cheeks.

"Actually, that was all Mia." Harry tells her. She runs over to me and kisses my cheeks and gives me a hug.

"Thank you! Oh, Merlin bless you!" Then she turns to Ron, who's standing next to us with Ginny. "And you. You helped."

"Yeah. Yeah, a bit." He says and she kisses his cheeks too. When she walks away, her little sister comes up to me.

"Thank you, Miss Potter."

"Oh, it was my pleasure." I tell her and she gives me a hug. "I mean, I wasn't going to just leave you down there."

She giggles and runs off after her sister. Then Ginny kneels down next to me. "Thank you, Mia."

"No problem." I tell her. Then look down at my waist, noticing a large cut.

"You're bleeding!" Harry exclaims. And kneels down next to me, trying to cover the wound. Cedric runs over too, holding me tight.

They both call Madame Pomfrey over and she grabs a bottle of Dittany from her bag, heeling all of my cuts quickly, along with the large slash in my abdomen.

"You were amazing, Mia." He says, kissing my forehead. "As always."

"Harry! Mia!" Hermione runs up to us. "You both must be freezing." She takes off one of her towels and wraps it around both of us. Cedric does the same for me. "Personally, I think you both behaved admirably."

"We finished last Hermione." I mutter to her.

"Next to last!" She exclaims. "Fleur never got passed the grindylows."

"Attention! Attention! The winner is.... Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore walks back to the crowd. Everyone cheers and I give Cedric a peck on the cheek.

"Congratulations!" I tell him. He smiles at me.

"For showing unique command of the bubblehead charm." He pauses for a moment. "The way I see it, Mr. and Miss Potter would have finished first had it not been for their determination to rescue Mr. and Miss Weasley, but the others as well. We've agreed to award them, second place!" For outstanding moral fiber."

"Second place?" Harry and I question. Then we smile and throw our arms around each other.