1.4

We arrive at the London Train Station. Up on a crossing bridge, Harry and I with our carts and our owls, Pepper and Hedwig, walk beside Hagrid.

"Blimey, is that the time??" Hagrid says in a hurry. "Sorry, Harry and Amelia, I'm gonna have to leave you two. Dumbledore'll be wanting his...well, he'll be wanting to see me. Now, uh, your train leaves in 10 minutes. Here's your ticket. Stick to it, that's very important. Stick to your ticket."

Harry and I look at our golden ticket.

"Platform 9 ¾? But Hagrid, there must be a mistake. This says Platform 9 ¾. There's no such thing...is there?" Harry asks as we look up and see Hagrid has vanished.

Harry and I are walking down a lane between trains. A man rushes by.

"9 ¾? That's rubbish." I mutter. "How are we suppose to find our platform?" Then I see a train master. "Excuse me, excuse me. Excuse me, Sir. Can you tell me where I might find Platform 9 ¾?"

"9 ¾? Think youre being funny, do ya?" The man says rudely and leaves.

I turn to Harry. "Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning."

A woman, daughter, and four boys walk by, pushing carts.

"It's the same year after year. Always packed with Muggles, of course."

"Muggles?" Harry repeats.

"Come on. Platform 9 ¾ this way! All right, Percy, you first."

A tall boy with red hair comes forward and runs towards a brick wall. Amazingly, he disappears right into it.

"Fred, you next."

"He's not Fred, I am!" One of the boy's says. They look to be identical twins.

"Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother!" The other says.

"Oh, I'm sorry, George."

"I'm only joking. I am Fred." He runs through the wall, and is followed by his twin brother.

Harry and I shake our heads in disbelief.

"Excuse me! C-could you tell us how to-" I walk up to the lady.

"How to get on the platform? Yes, not to worry, dear. It's Ron's first time to Hogwarts as well." She gestured to a red haired boy who smiles. "Now, all you've got to do is walk straight at the wall between platforms 9 and 10. Best do it at a bit of a run if youre nervous."

"Good luck." The little girl says.

Harry and I take a breath and run at the wall. We shut our eyes and emerge on the other side a magnificent station with a red train and bundles of people. A whistle blows, and we sigh with relief. We check our trunks and owls and find an empty compartment to sit in.

"This is all rather exciting, isn't it?" I ask my brother. He nods in agreement.

The train is traveling through unknown country. Just as I look out the window and watch the fields of green go by, the compartment door opens. The red headed boy appears.

"Excuse me, do you two mind? Everywhere else is full."

"No, not at all."  Harry tells him. I gesture for him to sit down beside my brother.

"I'm Ron, by the way. Ron Weasley." The boy introduces himself.

"I'm Harry. Harry Potter." Ron goes agape. "And that's my twins sister, Amelia."

"Amelia is such a mouth full. Please, call me Mia." I tell him. His eyes are still wide.

"So-so it's true?! I mean, do you really have the...the..."

"The what?" I ask him.

"Scar...?"

"Oh, yeah." Harry lifts up his hair and I move my bangs to the side to reveal our scars.

"Wicked." Ron states.

A trolley comes by the compartment, full of sweets.

"Anything off the trolley, dears?" The woman asks.

Ron holds up a smushed sandwich and gulps. "No, thanks, I'm all set."

Harry and I share a look and we pull out a handful of coins from our pockets. "We'll take the lot!"

"Whoa!" Ron says upon seeing the amount of money we have.

Eating bundles of sweets, we start to talk with the boy. Ron's rat, Scabbers, is perched on Ron's knee, a box over its head.

"Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans?" Harry questions. I place on in my mouth.

"They mean every flavour! There's chocolate and peppermint, and there's also spinach, liver and tripe. George sweared he got a bogey-flavoured one once!" Ron informs us.

I quickly take the bean I was chewing out of my mouth.

"These aren't real chocolate frogs, are they?" Harry asks, picking up a gold and blue package.

"It's only a spell. Besides, it's the cards you want. Each pack's got a famous witch or wizard. I got about 500 meself."

"Ribbit." The frog jumps onto the window and climbs up, then leaps out the window...disappearing.

"Oh, that's rotten luck. They've only got one good jump in them to begin with."

"Hey, you've got Dumbledore!" I tell Harry, sewing the card in his hand.

"I got about 6 of him." Ron states.

"Hey, he's gone!" I say pointing to the image. "He was just there! I saw him!"

"Well, you can't expect him to hang around all day, can you?" Scabbers squeaks. "Pitiful, isn't he?"

"Just a little bit." Harry agrees and I laugh.

"Fred gave me a spell as to turn him yellow. Want to see?" Ron asks.

"Yeah!"

Ron clears his throat. "Ahem. Sun-"

A girl with bushy brown hair appears at the doorway.

"Has anyone seen a toad? A boy named Neville's lost one."

"No." Ron says in a disgusted tone.

"Oh, are you doing magic? Let's see then."

He clears his throat again. "Sunshine, daises, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!" Zap. Nothing happens. Ron shrugs.

"Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it's not very good, is it? Of course I've only tried a few simple spells myself, and they've all worked for me. For example..." She goes over and sits across from Harry, next to me. She points her hand at his glasses and Harry tenses. "Oculus Reparo." The glasses, which noseband is battered, are repaired. Harry takes them off, amazed. "That's better, isn't it? Holy Cricket, you're Harry Potter. And you must be Amelia." She says looking at me. "I'm Hermione Granger...and you are...?"

"I'm...Ron Weasley." Ron says with a mouth full of food.

"Pleasure." Hermione says. Then she looks back to us. "You three better change into your robes. I expect we'll be arriving soon." She gets up and leaves, then comes back and looks at Ron. "You've got dirt, on your nose, by the way, did you know? Just there." She points to a spot on his nose.

"I was going to say something, but I thought it was just a birth mark." I say.

Ron scratches his nose, embarrassed. "What a prat that one is."

"Be nice, Ronald. She was only trying to help." I scold him.

"Only trying to be a prude is more like it."

Harry laughs and I smack his arm. "What? Just because she's a smart wizard?" I look to Ron. "You're just mad because your spell didn't work and hers did."

Harry laughs again and Ron sends me a glare. I send him a smile back and burst out into laughter again. Rons expression lightens up and he eventually laughs too.