3.13

"Broaden your minds. You must look beyond. The art of crystal gazing is in the clearing of the Inner Eye. Only then can you see. Try again. Now, what do we have here?" Professor Trelawny asks the four of us.

"Do you mind me trying?" Hermione asks. She examines the crystal ball. "The Grim, possibly."

"My dear, from the first moment you stepped foot in my class... I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit... for the noble art of Divination. No, you see, there. You may be young in years, but your heart is as shriveled... as an old maid's, your soul as dry as the pages of the books... to which you so desperately cleave." Hermione gets up, and storms out of the classroom. The crystal ball falls off the table and rolls out of the room. "Have I said something?"

—————————————————————————

"She's gone mental, Hermione has." Ron says as we make our way out of the class. "Not that she wasn't always mental... but now it's in the open for everyone to see."

"Oh, shut it, Ron. You just blame her for Scabbers."

"Why do you always take her side?" He asks me.

"Because she's my best friend!"

"Well I'm your friend too!"

"Hang on." Harry interrupts us, bending down to pick up the crystal ball that Hermione had dropped. "We better take this back."

"I'm not going back." Ron says.

"Fine. See you later."

"See you." I say, still slightly angered.

We walk back up to the classroom and try to find Professor Trelawny. When we can't seem to find her, Harry places the ball on its stand and we begin to walk out. Then we feel a hand on our shoulders.

"Harry Potter... Amelia Potter..."

"Professor Trelawney..." we mutter, seeing that something is wrong.

"He will return tonight."

"Sorry?" I question.

"Tonight, he who betrayed his friends, whose heart rots with murder... shall break free. Innocent blood shall be spilt... and servant and master shall be reunited once more." She coughs and looks to Harry. "I'm so sorry, dear boy." Then she looks to me. "Dear girl, Did you say something?"

"No. Nothing." I say and we turn back and leave the classroom.

—————————————————————————

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak. It's just too horrible." Hermione says as we make our way down to Harris's Hut.

"It just got worse." I mutter, turning around and seeing Malfoy and his goons.

"What did I say? Father said... I can keep the hippogriff's head. I'll donate it to the Gryffindors' room. This is going to be rich. Look who's here." He sees us.  "Come to see the show?"

"You!" Hermione says. "You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" She points her wand at him and he backs up into a stone wall.

"Hermione, no! He's not worth it." Ron says. She lowers her wand and turns away. Malfoy smirks.

I run up to him and right hook him across the face.

"Malfoy, are you okay?" Goyle asks.

"Let's go. Quick." He says, walking off back to the castle. "Not a word to anyone, understood?"