2.12

Later that night, Harry and I lie asleep on our hospital beds, but a slithering whisper wakes us up.

"Kill. Kill... Time to kill!"

We open our eyes and Dobby is in front of our faces.

"Hello!"

"Dobby?" I whisper.

"Amelia and Harry Potter should have listened to Dobby! Amelia and Harry Potter should have gone back home when they missed the train."

"It was you... You stopped the barrier from letting Ron and us through." Harry states.

"Indeed. Yes, sir."

"You nearly got us all expelled!" He growls.

"At least you would be away from here. Harry and Amelia Potter must go home! Dobby thought his Bludger would be enough to make Harry and Amelia Potter see that-"

"Your Bludger?" I question angrily. "You made that Bludger chase after us?"

"Uhuh... Dobby feels most aggrieved, miss. Dobby had to iron his hands."

"You'd better clear off before my bones come back, Dobby, or I might strangle you!" Harry tells him.

"Uh-huh-huh..." he jumps out of Harry's reach, closer to me. "Dobby is used to death threats sir. Dobby gets them five times a day at home."

"I don't suppose you could tell us why you're trying to kill us?" I ask him.

"Not kill you, miss, never kill you! Dobby remembers how it was before Harry and Amelia Potter triumphed over He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. We house elves were treated like vermin, sir. Of course, Dobby is still treated like vermin...uh, huh, huh, huh! Aah, ahh..." he cries and blows his nose into his clothes. It's the same thing he had on the first time we met him.

"Why do you wear that thing Dobby?" I ask him.

"This, Miss? It is a mark of the house-elves' enslavement. Dobby can only be freed if his master presents him with clothes." We hear a noise outside the Hospital Wing. "Ah! Listen. Listen! Terrible things are about to happen at Hogwarts. Harry and Amelia Potter must not stay here, now that history is to repeat itself."

"Repeat itself? You mean this has happened before?" Harry questions.

"Ah! I shouldn't have said that! Oh! Ah! Dah! Bad Dobby! Bad!" He grabs the bottle of skelegrow and begins to hit himself in the face with it.

"Dobby, stop it! Stop it! Stop, Dobby!" I grab the bottle from his hands with my in injured arm and set it back down. "Tell us, Dobby. When did this happen before? Who's doing it now?"

"Dobby cannot say. Dobby only wants Harry and Amelia Potter to be safe."

"No, Dobby. Tell us. Who is it?" Harry pleads. But then the door to the Hospital Wing opens and people rush in with a student on a gurney. Dobby snaps his fingers and disappears. Harry and I roll over in our beds, pretending to be asleep.

"Put him here. What happened?" I hear the voice of Madame Pomfrey say.

"There's been another attack." I recognize the voice of Dumbledore.

"I think- do ya know- I think he's been Petrified, Madame Pomfrey. Look! Perhaps he managed to take a picture of his attacker..." Professor McGonagall states.

Picture? It can't be? Is it Colin Creevey?

"What can this mean, Albus?"

"It means...that our students are in great danger."

"What should I tell the staff?"

"The truth. Tell them Hogwarts is no longer safe. It is as we feared, Minerva. The Chamber of Secrets has indeed been opened again."

The walk out and close the doors behind them. I turn back and look at the bed. I see a familiar blonde, curly haired first year.

"Harry?" I whisper. "It was Colin. Colin Creevey. That first year."

"He was annoying, but he didn't deserve that."

"How sympathetic for you to say." I glare at my brother. "We need to figure out what we can about the Chamber of Secrets and the monster that lives in it."

"Hopefully when the Polyjuice Potion is ready, we'll find out all the answers from Malfoy."

———————————————————————————

"Again?" Hermione questions as we sit in the girls bathroom, brewing the Polyjuice potion. "You mean the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?"

"Of course. Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he was at school here. And now he's taught Draco how to do it."

"Yeah, like those two dim witted fools had the mental capacity to obtain that much power." I roll my eyes.

"Maybe. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure." Hermione states.

"Enlighten me." Ron starts. "Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight, in the middle of a girl's lavatory? Don't you think we'll get caught?"

"Heh... No. No one ever comes in here." I laugh, looking at Hermione.

"Why?"

"Moaning Myrtle."

"Who?"

"Moaning Myrtle." Hermione repeats for me.

"Who's Moaning Myrtle?" As Ron asks this, she appears behind him and floats down in front of him. The boys jump in surprise.

"I'm Moaning Myrtle! I wouldn't expect you to know me! Who would ever talk about ugly, miserable, moping Moaning Myrtle? Huh...aaaah!" She flies up and zooms down into her favorite toilet.

"She's a little sensitive." I explain.