5.19

"Mr. Malfoy, I've got to say, it's getting rather annoying running into you like this." I tell him, walking towards the others.

"Where's Sirius?" Harry scowls.

"You know, you two really should learn to tell the difference between dreams...and reality." He says with a smirk. "You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see. Now, hand me the prophecy."

I look down at my hands, knowing he's referring to the crystal ball. "If you do anything to us, I'll break it."

"They know how to play." A woman's voice appears and she walks out towards us. I recognize her. "Itty, bitty babies. Potters."

"Bellatrix Lestrange." Neville glares.

"Neville Longbottom, is it? How's Mum and Dad?" She asks with an evil smirk.

"Better, now they're about to be avenged." He says and moves towards her. I grab his arm to stop him. He looks to me and I shake my head.

"Now, let's everybody just calm down... shall we? All we want is that prophecy." Lucius says.

"Why did Voldemort need us to come and get this?"

"You dare speak his name? You filthy half-blood!" Bellatrix spits.

"Oh, dear." I say to her. "Didn't your master ever tell you? His father was a muggle." Her eyes widen. "If my calculations are correct, that makes him a half-blood as well."

"You, insolent little girl!" She raises her wand.

"It's all right." Lucius stops her. "They're just curious, aren't you?" He says. "Prophecies can only be retrieved by those about whom they are made. Which is lucky for you, really." Mr. Malfoy moves closer to us. "Haven't you always wondered... what was the reason for the connection between the two of you and the Dark Lord? Why he was unable to kill you...when you both were just infants? Don't you want to know the secret of your scars?" He moves his wand to my hair line, parting it to the side to reveal my scar. "All the answers are there, Potter, in your hand. All you have to do... is give it to me. Then I can show you everything."

"We've waited 14 years." I tell Harry and the others.

"I know." Hermione says.

"I guess we can wait a little longer. Now." I yell and raise my wand. "Stupefy."

I run off towards the door, with Neville and Luna close behind.

"Stupefy."

"Levicorpus."

We hear multiple curses thrown at us. As we run, we try to dodge them, and duck out of the way. Then we're stopped.

A deatheater is on each of our sides. Coming towards us.

"Petrificus Totalus." Neville casts and a path opens up for us.

"Well done, Neville." I tell him and the three of us run. Then Luna gets knocked off her feet. I look down and see blood dripping from her nose. One of the bastards hit her in the face.

She stands up and points her want at the deatheater flying towards her. "Stupefy."

He flies back and crashed into the ground. We begin to run again, but almost fall to the ground as we meet the others.

"Are you alright?" Harry asks me.

"Never better." I smile and we look around at the dark wizards coming towards us.

"Stupefy!" We all yell and it sends some of them back. But one still comes after us. After Ginny.

"Reducto." Ginny casts the curse and he flies back. But then the shelves begin to shake.

"Get back to the door." Harry instructs us and we begin running backwards. The shelves come crashing down, along with the millions of prophecies. We just barely make it, but as we reach the door, we realize it's not the same one we entered through. We begin falling.

"Arresto Momentum!" I yell and we all stop falling, just inches from the ground. Then drop to the rocky floor.

"Department of Mysteries. They got that bit right, didn't they?" Ron says as we begin to stand up.

Then I hear whispers. I can tell Harry hears them too. There's an archway in the middle of the room, a stone archway. An archway I've seen only in dreams. The whispers are overpowering.

"The voices. Can you tell what they're saying?" Harry asks.

"There aren't any voices, Harry." Hermione tells him.

"Yes, there are." I take a step closer.

"Let's get out of here." Ron suggests.

"I hear them too." Luna says, stepping up next to me.

"Harry, Mia, it's just an empty archway. Please." Hermione pleads. Then the door swings open.

"Get behind me." I state.

The death eaters swarm us. Harry and I get knocked to the ground. Multiple black cloaks are flying above us, all around. Then suddenly, they stop.

"Did you actually believe... or were you truly naive enough to think... that children stood a chance against us?" Lucius spits. Harry and I stand up. "I'll make this simple for you, Potters. Give me the prophecy now... or watch your friends die."

"Don't give it to him, Mia." Neville says. Bellatrix moves her wand to his throat to shush him up.

"Let our friends go, and I will." I tell him.

"Amelia, you really are not in the position to be negotiating terms." He states. Then extends his hand. "The prophecy. Now."

Then the door opens again. And beams of light enter.