2.4

Everyone has gathered in front of the large fireplace in the living room.

"You first, Harry and Mia." Mrs. Weasley offers us a flowerpot filled with a soft, ashy, dust. Harry and I give her a confused look.

"They've never traveled by Floo Powder before, Mum."

"Floo Powder?" I question. Harry shrugs his shoulders, not knowing what was going on around us.

"Ron? Would you mind going first? Just so Harry and Mia can see how it's done?" Mrs. Weasley asks her son, me nods and steps forward.

He grabs a handful of the powder and steps into the fireplace. Looking out at us all, he yells, "Diagon Alley!"

He throws the powder down and he bursts into green flames, disappearing before our eyes. Harry and I look to each other, frightened.

"You see? It's quite easy, dears. Don't be afraid." Mrs. Weasley guides us into the fireplace. "Come on. Come on. In you go. That's it, mind your head. That's right." Then she offers Harry the Floo Powder. "Now take your Floo powder. That's it, very good. Now, don't forget to speak very, very clearly."

"Diaganilly." Harry says as he drops the powder and we travel through the Floo network.

We land in a dusty, old shop. I stand up and dust myself of.

"'Diagonilly? You've got to be kidding me!" I say to him.

"What?" He asks.

"It's Diagon Alley. Not Diagonilly." I look around. "Next time, I will say the words."

He nods and we make our way onto the streets, not know where we are. Then I look up at a sign that says Knockturn Alley.

"Not lost are you, my dears?" An old, dirty witch says to us.

"We're fine, thank you. We- we were just..." I grab Harry's arm and try to lead him away from the people around us.

"Come with us. We'll help you find your way back." Another says.

"No! Please!" Harry begs.

"Harry? Mia?" We here from above, recognizing the voice to belong to Hagrid.

"Hagrid!" We both scream.

"What do you two think you're doing down 'ere? Come on!"

We run up the steps towards him, and he guides us out of that place.

"Yer a mess, Harry, Mia. Skulkin' 'round Knockturn Alley? Dodgy place! Don' want no one ter see you there. People'll think you were up to no good."

"We were lost, We- hang on. What were you doing down there, then?" I question.

"Me? Oh, I was... um... I was lookin' for Flesh-Eatin' Slug Repellent. They're ruinin' all the school cabbages."

We walk out into the streets of Diagon Alley, and then hear another familiar witch's voice.

"Mia! Harry! Hagrid!"

"Hello, Hermione!" Hagrid says with a gleaming smile.

"Oh, it's so good to see you!" She tells us, giving me a hug.

"Well, it's great to see you, too!" Harry says, she laughs and moves to give him a hug too. When she releases him, she notices the cracked lenses of his glasses.

"What did you do to your glasses?" She pulls out her wand and aims it at his face. "Oculus reparo."

"You definitely need to remember that one." I tell my brother.

"I know." He says, rolling his eyes at me.

"Come on! Everyone's been so worried." She tells us, dragging us into the bookstore.

"Oh, Harry, Mia! Thank goodness! We'd hoped you'd only gone one grate too far..." Mrs. Weasley says, brushing off the ashes on our clothes.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Gilderoy Lockhart."

When the man says that name, I look over at the front of the room. That's the author that wrote most of our books for this year.

"Ah! Here he is!" Mrs. Weasley turns her attention and claps along with the crowd.

"Mum fancies him." Ron mutters to us.

"Make way there. Please! Let me by, madam. Thank you. Excuse me, little girl. This is for the Daily Prophet." A photographer says, working his way to the front to snap a few photos of Lockhart.

"It can't be-" Lockhart says, seeing Harry and I. "Amelia and Harry Potter?"

"Amelia and Harry Potter!" The photographer yells and drags us out to the front. "Excuse me, madam."

"Nice big smiles, Harry and Amelia. Together you and I rate the front page!" He grabs hold of us and looks to the camera. Harry and I fake a smile as the light flashes. "Ladies and gentlemen, what an extraordinary moment this is. When young Harry  and Amelia stepped into Flourish and Blotts this morning to purchase my autobiography, Magical Me,... which, incidentally is currently celebrating its 27th week atop the Daily Prophet bestseller list, they had no idea that they would, in fact, be leaving... with my entire collected works, free of charge. Now, ladies?"

We stumble back to Mrs. Weasley with the stacks of books in our hands. She moves to grab them.

"Harry, Mia, now you give me those, and I'll get them signed. All of you wait outside. That's it, Ron." She pushes us off and we begin to walk out of the crowded area. Just before we reach the exit, I hear a cold voice from above us.

"I'll bet you loved that, didn't you, Potters?" Draco Malfoy starts to come down the staircase. "Famous Harry and Amelia Potter! Can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page."

"Leave them alone." Ginny glares at him.

"Oh look, Potter." He looks to my brother. "You've got yourself a girlfriend."

"Now, now Draco, play nicely." A tall man with long white hair strides in, putting his hand on Malfoy shoulder. "Mr. and Miss Potter... Lucius Malfoy. We meet at last. Forgive me," he grabs our hit and pushes it back, revealing our scars. "your scars are legend, as, of course, is the wizard who gave it to you both."

"Voldemort killed our parents." I say to him.

"He was nothing more than a murderer." Harry adds.

"Hmm. You must be very brave, to mention his name...or very foolish."

"Fear of a name only increase fear of the thing itself." Hermione steps up, glaring at Mr. Malfoy.

"And you must be... Miss Granger. Yes, Draco's told me all about you, and your parents. Muggles, aren't they?" He gives her a disgusted look. Then eyes the Weasley children. "Let me see...red hair... vacant expressions... tatty second hand book." He grabs a book from Ginnys cauldron. "You must be the Weasleys."

"Children, it's mad in here! Let's go outside." Mr. Weasley says to us, coming up from behind us.

"Well, well, well. Weasley senior."

"Lucius."

"Busy time at the Ministry, Arthur, all those extra raids? I do hope they're paying you overtime, but judging by the state of this, I'd say not. What's the use in being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it." He slips the book back into Ginnys cauldron, but I notice a second book with it.

"We have a very different idea about what disgraces the name of wizard, Malfoy." Mr. Weasley says to him. I smirk at his words.

"Clearly. Associating with Muggles... and I thought your family could sink no lower. I'll see you at work." He turns and leaves. Then Draco comes up to us again.

"See you at school." He glares at us and walks out.

"Well then, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, now does it?" I say, trying to lighten the mood.

"You can say that again." Ron mutters to me.