3.9

"Turn to page 394." Snape struts into the DADA classroom, shuts the windows, and turns on a projector.

"Excuse me, sir. Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asks.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter?" He glares at my brother. "Suffice it to say your professor finds himself incapable of teaching... at the present time. Turn to page 394."

Ron takes a little longer to open his book, so Snape waves his wand and opens the book for him.

"Werewolves?" Ron questions.

"Sir, we just learned about red caps and hinkypunks. We're not meant to start that for weeks." I say to him.

"Quiet." He tells me.

"When did she come in?" Ron mutters, then turns to Harry and Hermione. "Did you see her come in?"

"Now, which one of you can tell me the difference... between an Animagus and a werewolf?" Hermione and I raise our hands. "No one? How disappointing."

I roll my eyes. "Please, sir. An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon... he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend. The werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind."

Malfoy howls like a wolf and his fellow slytherins laugh. He turns to me and I glare at him.

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy." Snape says plainly. "That's the second time... you've spoken out of turn, Miss Potter. Are you incapable of restraining yourself... or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"He's got a point, you know." Harry whispers to me. I furrow my brows at him.

"Five points from Gryffindor. And as an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk, by Monday morning... two rolls of parchment on the werewolf, with emphasis... on recognizing it."

"It's Quidditch tomorrow." Harry states.

"Then I suggest you take extra care, Mr. Potter. Loss of limb will not excuse you. Page 394." He begins to flip through slides on the screen. "The term 'werewolf' is a contraction of the Anglo-Saxon word 'wer' which means 'man,' and 'wolf.' Werewolf, man-wolf. There are several ways to become a werewolf. They include being given the power of shape-shifting... being bitten by a werewolf..."

—————————————————————————

The next day, Harry and I, along with the rest of the Gryffindor quidditch team and Hufflepuffs quidditch team, fly around in a nasty storm. The winds are high, the clouds are low, and the rain is blocking our vision.

Harry spots the snitch and looks to me. "Go on Harry! Go!"

He begins to fly up, towards the storm clouds, where lightening is striking. I decide to go after him, to give him a little protection.

When I fly up I see a cloud in the shape of the Grim. "That can't be good." I mutter and dart higher, trying to find my brother. After a while, the Hufflepuff seeker falls past me. It looks like he got struck by lightening. I look down, but then continue to fly up.

I finally reach Harry, but to our dismay, I see a flock of dementors flying towards him. "Harry! Look out!"

"Mia! What're you-" he's stopped as a dementor flies right in front of him. I try to make my way towards him, but I'm stopped too. The rain droplets are freezing on my skin, and I can't control my shivers.

The dementor starts it's sucking motions, and everything starts fading around me. The woman screams again and I look over and see my brother fall off of his broom. Then I do as well.

My vision completely fades to black as I get closer and closer to the pitch. The last thing I hear is Dumbledores loud voice.

"Arresto Momentum!"

—————————————————————————

"They look a bit peaky, don't they?" I hear Rons voice.

"Peaky? What do you expect? They fell over 100 feet. Let's walk you off a tower and see what you look like." Hermione says to him. I start to flutter my eyes open.

"Probably a right sight better than he normally does." I state. Then look over to Harry.

"You got that right, Mia."

We look around us and see we're in the Hospital wing. The whole quidditch team is surrounding us.

"How are you feeling?" Hermione asks us.

"Oh, brilliant." We both mutter, trying to sit up.

"You both gave us a right good scare." Ron says.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Well, you fell off your broom."

"Really? She meant the match. Who won?" Harry chimes in.

"No one blames you two.  Dementors aren't supposed to be on the grounds. Dumbledore's furious. After he saved you, he sent them off." Hermione states.

"There's something else you should know too. When you both fell, your brooms sort of blew into the Whomping Willow, and... Well..." Ron says this and the team shows us two piles of broken brooms.

"Great, just great. That tree as really got it out for us." I mutter to Harry and he nods.