1.7

McGonagall approaches Quirrell's class and stops us. "You both wait here." She walks in. "Excuse me, excuse me, Professor Quirrell. Could I borrow Wood for a moment?"

"Oh. Y-yes, of course." A boy gets up to leave and Quirrell continues his lecture.

"Potters, this is Oliver Wood. Wood, I have found you a Seeker and a Beater!"

Harry and I look at each other in shock, surprised that we weren't in trouble. Then look at Oliver who is smiling at us both.

—————————————————————————

Harry, Ron, and I are walking through crowded halls. Sir Nicholas and a lady ghost float by.

"Have you heard? Harry Potter's the new Gryffindor Seeker and Amelia Potter is the new Beater. I always knew they'd do well." Sit Nicholas states.

"Seeker and Beater? But first years never make their house teams! You two must be the youngest Quidditch player in-" Ron starts to say.

"A century, according to McGonagall." I tell him.

Fred and George approach and walk along with us.

"Hey, well done, Harry and Mia, Wood's just told us!" Fred congratulates us.

"Fred and George are on the team, too. Beaters. Like you, Mia."

"Our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too bad. Can't make any promises, of course. Rough game, Quidditch." George says.

"Brutal. But no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally..." They break off from Harry, Ron, and I.

"But they'll turn up in a month or two!!" George adds to Fred's statement.

"Oh, go on, guys, Quidditch is great. Best game there is! And you'll both be great, too!" Ron says and Hermione jumps up from her work and comes to join us.

"But I've never even played Quidditch." Harry says.

"What if we make a fool of ourselves?" I add, worriedly.

"You won't make a fool of yourselves. It's in your blood." Hermione tells us. The four of us approach a trophy case. Hermione points at a plaque of Quidditch players. One lists Harry and I's father as a Seeker.

"Whoa. Harry, you never told me your father was a Seeker, too." Ron says in amazement.

"I-I didn't know."

"Maybe mom was a Beater." I state and look around the trophy case, but don't find anything. "Or not."

We walk up a staircase. A railing pulls in...Hermione looks, but continues walking.

"I'm telling you, it's spooky. She knows more about you both than you two do." I hear Ron whisper to Harry and I. I roll my eyes.

"Who doesn't?" Harry says. The staircase shudders and begins to move. We grab the railings. "What's happening?"

"The staircases change, remember?" I inform him. The staircase stops, in a new place.

"Let's go this way." Harry says to us.

"Before the staircase moves again." Ron adds

We all open a door and walk into a spooky, dark room.

"Does anyone feel like...we shouldn't be here?" I ask.

"We're not supposed to be here. This is the 3rd floor. It's forbidden." Hermione states.

Suddenly, a flame lights on a tall stone support. At that moment, the caretaker's cat, Mrs. Norris, comes running in and meows. We jump.

"Let's go." Harry says. Mrs. Norris meows again.

"It's Filch's cat!" I yell.

"Run!"

The the four of us run, flames are lit as we go. We get to the end of the corridor, to a door. Harry grabs the handle, but it's locked.

"It's locked!" Harry says.