4.22

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce, fierce friend." Dumbledore then finds my eyes in the middle of the crowd. "And boyfriend." The whole school is sitting in the great hall as Dumbledore stands at the podium. "I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort. The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end."

My heart is completely broken. The pain is overwhelming, and I don't know if it will ever stop. I think I loved him. I think I was in love with him, but he'll never know. Because he's no longer here for me to tell him.

—————————————————————————

Harry and I sit in his dormitory. Neither of us wanted to be alone, and Ron and Hermione have already packed there things and gone down to the courtyard to say goodby to everyone.

We look up and see Dumbledore walk in.

"I never liked these curtains. Set them on fire in my fourth year, by accident of course." He says. Then stands right in front of us. "I put you both in terrible danger this year, Harry, Amelia. I'm sorry."

"It wasn't you, Professor." I tell him, forcing a smile.

"But it was. I allowed you two to take part in the tournament. Against my better judgement."

"Sir, when we were in the graveyard there was a moment.... um... when Voldemort's wand and ours spurt of connected." Harry tell him.

"Priorium Incantatum." He mutters."you both saw your parents that night, didn't you? They reappeared."

"Along with Cedric." I say quietly. "And the muggle caretaker from our dreams."

"No spell can re-awaken the dead, Harry and Amelia I trust you both know that. Dark and difficult times lie head. Soon we must all face choice between what is right and what is easy. But remember this, you have friends here. You're not alone." he tells us.

"Thank you, sir." Harry mutters to him.

"And I'm awfully sorry about Cedric, Mia. I know you two were very close." He says to me and I look down, trying to hide the tears forming in my eyes. "Love is a beautiful and powerful thing. But it can also cause heartbreak." He lifts my head and wipes the tears falling from my cheeks. "But you must remember that you can not dwell on what could have been, when there's a whole life waiting for you."

I smile and nod and Harry wraps his arm around me. Dumbledore then exits the room, leaving Harry and I.

"I'm sorry, Mia." He says to me. "I really am."

"I'm glad I wasn't alone when it happened." I tell my brother, resting my head on his shoulder. "I'm glad you were there."

"So am I."

We finish packing our things and head down to the courtyard to join Ron and Hermione.

There's a large crowd gathered, the pupils are going home. Viktor Krum gives Hermione a kiss and hands her some paper.

"Write to me. Promise." He says to her.

"Bye." She smiles. Then we see Ron sitting alone and Fleur and her little sister approach him. They both in turn give him a kiss on the head.

"Au revoir Ron." Fleur says.

The Beauxbatons girls leave in uniform, the crowd applauds. The Durmstrang boys leave too, shaking hands as they go.

"Do you ever think we'll ever have a quiet year at Hogwarts?" Ron asks us.

"No." Hermione states.

"No I don't think so." Harry tells our friends.

"Everything's going to change now, isn't it?" I ask them.

"Yes." Harry says, grabbing my hand. Then Hermione looks to both of us.

"Promise you'll right this summer?" She asks and then turns to Ron. "All of you."

"You know I won't." Ron mutters with a smile.

"Harry and Mia will, won't you?"

"Yeah. Every week." Harry tells her.

"Until we run out of ink." I smile at her. And she gives me a hug.

We look over the balcony, the flying horses pulling a carriage head off into the distance. The Bulgarians' ship goes underwater. We wave as they head off and smile at each other. Hugging each other, in a group hug. Holding on tight, not wanting to let each other go.

End of Year 4