3.10

"I'm sorry to hear about your broomsticks.  Is there no chance of fixing them?" Professor Lupin asks as we take a walk on the outside of the Dark forest.

"No." Harry says. Then asks, "Professor, why do the dementors affect us so?"

"He means, more than everyone else?" I add.

"Listen. Dementors are the foulest creatures to walk this earth. They feed on every good feeling, every happy memory... until a person is left with absolutely nothing but his worst experiences." He stops and turns to us. "You two are not weak, Harry and Mia. Dementors affect you most because there are true horrors in your pasts.  Horrors your classmates can scarcely imagine. You have nothing to be ashamed of."

"I'm scared, professor." Harry tells him.

"I'd consider you a fool if you weren't."

"We need to know how to fight them." I say. You could teach us. You made the one on the train go away."

"There was only one that night."

"But you made it go away."

"I don't pretend to be an expert, Mia.  But as the dementors seem to have developed an interest in you... perhaps I should teach you." He thinks for a minute. "But after the holidays. For now, I need to rest."

—————————————————————————

"Last call for Hogsmeade!" Harry and I head as we try to sneak with the group under our dads Invisibility Cloak. But then Fred and George catch us and drag us out of sight.

"Come on, now! Guys, let us go." I say.

"Clever, Harry. Clever, Mia." Fred states.

"But not clever enough. We've got a better way."

"We're trying to get to Hogsmeade." Harry tells them as we struggle to get out of their grasp.

"We know." They say in unison.

"We'll get you there."

"We'll show you a quicker way. If you pipe down."

"Bless him."

"Let us go! Come on, guys. Don't..." before I finish my statement, the remove the cloak.

"Now, Harry, Mia. Come and join the big boys."

"What are you doing?!" Harry asks. The boys hand us a parchment canvas. It's completely blank.

"What's this rubbish?" I ask.

"'What's this rubbish?' She says."

"It's the secret to our success."

"It's a wrench giving it to you..."

"But we've decided your needs are greater than ours. George, if you will."

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." George puts his wand to the paper and a map presents itself.

"Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs... are proud to present the Marauder's Map." Harry reads.

"We owe them so much."

"Hang on. This is Hogwarts." I say, then notice someone walking. "And that... No. Is that really...?"

"Dumbledore. In his study."

"Pacing. Does that a lot."

"So this map shows..." Harry begins.

"Everyone."

"Where they are."

"What they're doing."

"Every minute."

"Every day."

"Brilliant! Where did you get it?" I ask.

"From Filch's office."

"First year."

"There are seven secret passageways... out of the castle. We'd recommend..."

"This one." They both say and point to one of the passageways.

"The One-Eyed Witch passageway."

"Leads you to Honeyduke's."

"Hurry. Filch is heading this way."

"And don't forget. When you're done, just give it a tap and say: 'Mischief managed.'"

"Otherwise, anyone can read it."