Chapter 1

felix left the dorm building, with his roommate, walking down the road towards the college, he hated school, more than anything.

"lix?" jisung smiled, hauling his backpack further onto his back.

"hm?"

"you know i will always protect you right?"

"why though, when you can get hurt."

"youre my little brother."

"youre a day older."

"okay fine, but admit that I act like your big brother, you would forget to eat if you didn't have me."

felix smiled back as they started walking, they got close enough to see the dreaded building.

"i don't want to be here." felix whined.

"you'll be fine, we will walk with you round the back way to avoid him."

felix nodded in reply, the reason felix hated school was because of one person and his four friends, one person called jae, he had bullied felix since the start of their school years. felix always had to go to school round the back doors, desperate to avoid the people who hated him for no reason. at the gates were felix's other two friends, jeongin and seungmin, they approached them and felix instantly started to look around nervously. he was always scared to walk into school in case jae saw him.

felix and his friends went with felix towards the back entrance of the school. they got in as normal and jeongin and seungmin went straight to their class.

"i will walk you to your class." jisung said as he linked his arm through felix's.

"no, go to lesson, i don't want you to be late."

"are you sure?"

"yeah, i will be fine."

jisung nodded and walked away. felix started walking towards his class, making sure he couldn't see anyone.

"felix!"

felix froze, he turned around to see jae and his friends walking towards him. his heart started pounding as they got closer.

"what do you want jae?"

"i want you to give me money for lunch."

"i don't have any, you took all of my money yesterday."

"i don't believe you, search his bag."

his friends tried to grab his bag but he pushed them away, backing himself into the lockers. jae stepped forward, grabbed felix's collar and planted a hard punch to felix's face. felix yelped in pain and put his hand over the forming bruise on his cheek. jae joined the others in searching felix's bag, tipping all of his belongings onto the floor. they found nothing, since felix had nothing. they ended up getting out felix's water bottle and tipping it over his head.

after they had finally left him alone. felix let a tear fall, he felt the bruise throb as he wiped the water off his forehead. he heard footsteps and looked up, five boys walked past, all in black, he knew that they were the cliché bad boys so he looked down, they stepped over the pool of water on the floor, not spearing felix a second glance. felix wiped his eyes and gathered his things, brushing off the water before slinging his dripping wet bag over his shoulder and walking towards his class.

he turned up late, as always so the teacher didn't even look at him.

"lee felix, detention."

felix didn't even react, he just sat in his seat. he sat next to one of the cooler kids that passed him in the corridor, he knew his name was hyunjin but he had never spoken to him. to his surprise, hyunjin smiled at him. Felix nodded his head slightly and got out his book that was still wet.

the teacher gave the class their work and felix looked down at the paper, trying to hold in his tears. he felt someone tap his shoulder as he looked up.

"hi, felix right?"

felix looked up to see hyunjin.

"y-yeah."

"i wanted to ask if you were okay, I saw you on the floor earlier."

"i'm fine." felix replied abruptly.

hyunjin looked back at his work, seeing that felix didn't want to be bothered. everyone in the school knew about jae and how he bullied felix, so if felix had marks on his face, they didn't bother asking. felix tried to focus on his work, ignoring the throbbing pain as he scribbled notes.

the day dragged until it was finally lunch break and felix could see his friends. he walked slowly down the halls, until he heard jae call him. without thinking, he ran, he knew his friends would be in the cafeteria already so he ran there, he could hear jae and his friends chasing him but he ran as fast as he could, bursting into the cafeteria, making a lunge for jisung. jisung already knew what was happening and held felix, waiting for jae. jae burst in too, making a run at felix. jisung got up and pulled felix behind his back.

"move you asshole." jae yelled at jisung.

"no, leave jae, leave felix alone."

they both knew that jae and his friends could easily get through jisung, and beat them both up in the process.

"i said move, now i suggest you move before i make you wish you never befriended that little rat."

jisung stood his ground, holding felix's arm. out of nowhere, and to everyone's surprise hyunjin turned up, tapping jae on the shoulder. jae spun around with a glare but it quickly dropped. hyunjin was slim and not very strong, but he was quick, and friends with seo changbin, so jae didn't dare.

"back off jae, go and pick on someone who can take it." hyunjin growled.

jae sneered, but backed off, shooting a look at felix.

"i will give you more than a bruise next time you little whore." jae yelled.

felix sat down, jeongin looked at him with a soft expression as jisung sat down.

"lix, who was that?" seungmin asked as hyunjin sat back down.

"hyunjin, he spoke to me in class."

"what happened?" jisung asked, examining the bruise on felix's cheek.

"he punched me, went through my bag and tipped water over me." felix mumbled.

"what an asshole." jisung replied.

=====