Chapter 5

changbin looked at him.

"why do you let him do this?"

"w-what do you m-mean?"

"why do you let him beat the shit out of you?"

"i-i cant do anything, he is stronger than me."

"i said don't get me involved, well now i am."

"s-sorry." felix felt another tear escape. he tried to stop but he couldn't.

"but since i am involved, im going to make the most of it, you know i still dont give a shit about you or your friends, but i have a reputation as someone you don't want to fight, and hyunjin wants to protect you, so I agreed."

"y-you want something in return, i-i don't believe you would j-just agree, there's a c-catch."

"youre a smart kid."

felix looked down, rubbing the bruise on his wrist.

"before I say anything else, let me see what he did to you."

felix turned slightly red, he was self conscious, especially now he was littered with marks. he didn't want to show them.

"i know you're probably uncomfortable, but just let us see." hyunjin said quietly.

felix stood up, he needed their protection, he thought it was easiest to do as he was told. he lifted his shirt to show some of his stomach. chan moved forward and took felix's shirt, lifting it up to his chin. their mouths dropped open. they looked over the bruises and scrapes over his stomach and chest, hyunjin looked shocked but changbin looked mad. felix pulled his tshirt down.

"put hyunjin's number in your phone, and you can use that in case of emergency."

"b-but what if hyunjin doesn't get the message."

"i doubt he will try and mess with you again, not after dealing with me."

felix nodded, he pulled his phone out of his pocket, tapping in the numbers hyunjin gave him. changbin walked to one of the beds and sat down, ignoring everything else.

felix knew he should leave now, but not without looking at changbin, he looked good, his sleeves still rolled up, his knuckled bruised and blood stained, his bruise just added to the attraction. hyunjin agreed to walk him down to the cafeteria so he didn't get caught up in anything. hyunjin got to the table with felix, looking at the others.

"he has my number, just in case, changbin is reluctant to help you, but i managed to convince him."

"thank you so much." jisung said quietly.

"don't go round saying we're close or anything, i just don't want to watch you get hurt for no reason."

"i wont."

hyunjin left with a smile and jeongin instantly noticed the red on seungmin's cheeks.

"you like him, don't you?"

"what? no!"

"liar."

"he is really hot, and so nice, i mean, look how he's helping felix."

"i can give you his number."

"would you?!"

felix gave seungmin the number, making him swear he wouldn't tell hyunjin who he got it from. they headed back to their dorms, felix holding on to jisung's arm again. they got ready to go to bed, felix lay down, pulling the blankets over his head. it didn't take long before he was asleep.

__

felix woke up to jisung hitting him with a pillow. felix opened his eyes and covered his head.

"i wanna stay in bed!"

"get up! you have class."

felix swung his legs out of bed and got up, going to his closet to get hout his clothes, he threw on an oversized black t-shirt, he had stopped wearing light coloured shirts because they always got ruined with blood from jae. he put on black skinny jeans, feeling the need to look somewhat good today, he ran his hand through his strawberry blonde hair because he didn't want to style it then slipped on his white vans, he grabbed his bag as jisung waited for him, he looked in the mirror and saw his cut lip, cut nose and black eye, he rolled his eyes before catching up with jisung.

he held jisung's arm as they walked to class. felix held his breath as they passed one of jae's friends but they completely ignored him. as they got outside, they looked at the table to see jae and two friends sat laughing. jae saw felix and glared, but said nothing. felix breathed out slowly, hoping this would be the end of the problems they had.

felix managed to get to class in time, sitting down and taking out his supplies. as he waited for the teacher to arrive, people started arriving. hyunjin walked in with minho who was also in the class. hyunjin smiled at felix as they passed.

felix sat back as the lesson started, finally feeling somewhat safe. he paid attention to the lesson, taking regular notes. felix picked up his phone after seeing a notification from seungmin.

Minnie:
is hyunjin in your class?

Lixie:
yeah, why?

Minnie:
just wondering...

felix rolled his eyes. putting his phone down. he smiled to himself as he finished the lesson without any problems, maybe things would look up, he closed his book as the bell went, packing his things back into his bag. people started to leave and he noticed hyunjin hanging around by the door. felix didn't notice and slung his bag over his shoulder, heading for the door. as he got there, hyunjin grabbed his sleeve.

"i waited for you, jae is hanging around out here." he mumbled.

felix nodded, starting to walk towards his next class with hyunjin, it felt odd to walk around with someone like him, but he didn't mind the looks of jealousy. hyunjin walked down a different way and felix looked at him confused.

"i know this isn't your class, but stay with me, i think jae is following us." he said in a low tone.

"so where are we going?"

"changbin, he will soon run."

felix glanced over his shoulder, seeing jae walking behind them, but keeping his distance, felix saw his bruised face and nose that was strapped up and smirked to himself as he remembered changbin's bloody knuckles. felix saw changbin leaning against a locker, talking to woojin and chan as they approached.

changbin shot them a confused look as hyunjin stopped next to them.

"this little dumbass tried to follow felix out of lesson, he isn't giving up."

changbin looked over at jae who had stopped walking and started talking to people nearby. changbin knew that jae wouldn't give up, knowing that changbin was just felix's protector. so changbin rolled his eyes, before grabbing felix and pulling him into him. he slung his arm around felix as the younger jumped and blushed hard.

=====