Chapter 69

it felt so surreal to jae that he was sat on a bed, on his laptop, in changbin and felix's dorm, it felt strange because of their history, he didn't mean to be a 'hero' when he helped them, he just couldn't see felix be abused so badly, it only made him realise how much pain he must've been in when jae was bullying him.

"jae?" changbin called from the kitchen.

"hm?"

"i have a question." changbin replied, walking back in to look at jae.

"go on."

"do you know what littlespace is?"

"ive heard of it, isn't it that thing where people act like kids?"

"kind of, it's a coping mechanism, felix is a little, he acts in a child like headspace, to cope with everything haneul had done to him, it means he calls me daddy, all the time, and I don't want to see or hear any judgement whatsoever." changbin said firmly.

"i-i won't judge, i promise." jae mumbled, intrigued to see what this was like.

felix waddled in, wrapped in a blanket, his stuffed bunny in his hand, looking for changbin, he ran over, cuddling up to him straight away, not liking to be away from him, he whined softly into changbin's shirt, wanting to cuddle.

"hey baby, it's okay, i was just talking to jae." changbin smiled, running his hand through felix's hair.

"haneul really messed him up huh." jae said with a feeling of guilt.

"he throws up every night, i've called the doctors and asked, they said partly because eof the way he hyperventilates, partly because thinking about the trauma he went through makes him physically sick."

"thats horrible, im so sorry I didn't tell you straight away, i could've stopped it sooner."

"please don't be sorry, the fact that you did anything at all is good, thank you jae, lix, can you say thank you to jae?"

changbin was trying his best to get felix to speak, but he wouldn't, he whined softly all the time, he nodded, shook his head, made grabby hands at what he wanted and cried, other than that, he didn't smile much, changbin hadn't heard him laugh yet, no matter how much he made faces, or nuzzled where he was ticklish, he would earn a smile, and felix would whine out of disappointment when changbin stopped, but he wouldn't laugh.

"lix, you need to have a nap, but i need to clean up the kitchen, do you think you can sleep without me."

felix shook his head quickly clinging onto changbin harder.

"lixie, daddy has things to do, and it's nap time."

felix looked changbin directly in the eye his face scrunched up and his bottom lip trembled as he started to cry, changbin felt a rush of pain and guilt through his body.

"hey, come on little one, don't cry baby boy, i won't leave, i just have to clean up."

felix shook his head violently, tears pouring down his cheeks, he hated being a burden, but he couldn't do it, he couldn't sleep without changbin's arms around him.

what if haneul comes back and he gets me before changbin does?

what if im sick and daddy doesn't notice?

what if daddy runs away because im annoying?

this just made felix cry harder, trembling in changbin's arms, felix desperately wanted everything to go back to normal, but he was scarred, he couldn't be himself again.

"its okay kitten, don't cry, I won't go anywhere, but if you really can't, I will stay with you." changbin said softly, rubbing felix's back.

changbin got into bed, pulling felix in next to him.

"i can clean up." jae piped up, standing up.

"you don't have to-"

"if you're letting felix's bully stay with you, the least I can do to repay you is clean up a bit."

"thank you jae, it means a lot."

jae went out to the kitchen, starting to fill the sink with water to wash up as changbin focused on felix.

changbin started something that he had been doing for felix right before he fell asleep, every time.

"are you ready for your questions baby?"

felix nodded, the questions couldn't be too hard, felix's mind got overwhelmed very quickly and it stressed him out, so changbin stuck to the same ones.

"first question, who is my baby?"

felix pointed at himself, waiting for his praise.

"good boy! next one, who is the most beautiful baby in the whole world?"

felix pointed to himself again, watching changbin smile at him.

"and who loves this beautiful baby more than anything else in the world?"

felix pointed at changbin, smiling slightly.

"such a clever boy!"

felix smiled wider, changbin was almost convinced he might get even a slight giggle out of felix soon.

"next question, who is not a whore, or worthless, who is handsome and priceless?"

felix pointed to himself again, but with slight hesitation.

"perfect kitten, but you don't need to hesitate, you got it right, the answer is you."

felix smiled softly.

"where is your favorite place to be?"

felix pointed at changbin's chest, meaning in his arms.

"two more questions and you can be there baby, who is the luckiest caregiver in the whole world?"

felix knew the answers by heart, pointing at changbin.

"such a good boy! you're doing so good! one more question?"

felix nodded, getting sleepy.

"who loves you more than anyone else in the world?"

felix pointed at his daddy, watching him smiled and hug him close.

"you got all of them right kitten, good job, im proud of you."

felix smiled wide, now ready to sleep cuddled up to changbin.

=====