Chapter 2

hyunjin sat down at the table with his friends after watching jae run from him, minho nudged him.

"why did you get involved?"

"i don't get why he hurts felix."

changbin looked up from his phone.

"now jae is going to be a problem and I don't want to have to beat the shit out of another guy just because you care too much."

"you can't tell me you don't feel bad for felix, jae punching him in the face, went through his bag then poured water on him."

"its none of our business."

"there's something about that kid."

"what do you mean?"

"i don't know, he gives me good vibes."

changbin went back to his phone whilst hyunjin talked to chan about something that had happened. every now and then, hyunjin glanced at the other table, where felix was sitting, maybe changbin didn't care, but he couldn't watch felix get bullied for no reason anymore.

___

"come to my dorm after school." seungmin said as he scrolled through his phone.

jisung and felix nodded in reply as they continued to enjoy their lunch break. as the bell went, they only had one class left, but felix didn't want to go, he sat in his seat, not moving.

"come on lix, we will walk you to class." seungmin said softly.

felix reluctantly got up and slipped his arm through jisung's, they walked together to class, but saw jae.

"hyunjin can't protect you now."

"jae, leave us alone!" jeongin said bravely.

"what're you gonna do kid?"

jae squared up to jeongin, which wasn't fair, jeongin was shorter and weaker than jae, so he had no chance. jae grabbed jeongin's collar and lined his face up.

"let him go jae." felix snapped, unable to watch jeongin get scared.

"now you have a voice."

he watched felix's reactions as he raised his fist, jeongin flinched, bracing himself. felix flew forward, pushing jae hard. jeongin was pulled back by seungmin as jae turned to felix.

jae wasted no time in pinning felix against the wall and punching him over and over, he let felix go as the boy fell to the floor, felix's friends tried desperately to stop jae but jae started to kick felix in the stomach and sides as felix curled in a ball in a pathetic attempt to stop the blows. there was a loud bang against the lockers and jae stopped kicking, felix kept his head down as he heard jae run, followed by his friends.

"get him up, he needs to go to the nurse." an unfamiliar voice said.

footsteps walked away as jisung knelt next to felix, felix let silent tears fall as he sat up, wincing at the pain from his stomach and face, his nose and lip were busted and pouring blood as his stomach ached and throbbed. jisung used his sleeve to wipe felix's face as he helped him up.

"no nurse, just get me home."

at the end of the day, jisung agreed to walk felix home, seungmin and jeongin demanded to join them.

they walked towards their dorm which wasnt far at all and they got in safely. jisung took felix to their room where he told felix to lie down. felix lay on his bed as his eyes drooped. jeongin and Seungmin found somewhere to sit as jisung put felix's bag on the floor.

before anything else, jisung started to gently remove felix's clothes, stained from blood and help him into his own clothes, before cleaning up his nose and lip and letting him sleep.

"i am so thankful jae was stopped."

"who was that?"

"i saw hyunjin, but he was with another guy, who was that?"

"we go to the same school."

"but we never talk to them."

"i think his name is woojin, he is in my science class."

"why did he help felix?"

"i don't know, they don't usually care."

they talked about how woojin pulled jae and slammed him into the lockers to get him off felix, before leaving. they were thankful to woojin for helping felix, but also confused as to why he did it.

felix dozed as the others chatted in a low tone, they decided to let felix sleep for a while until they had to wake him up to get him to eat something. jisung draped a blanket over felix as he slept peacefully. they really felt bad for felix, they wanted to stop everything from happening, but jae would hit anyone, it didn't matter who they were. jeongin sat quietly, playing games on seungmin's phone. after an hour or so, felix woke up, he tried to rub his eye but winced as a new bruise formed on his cheek.

"lix, sit up, you need to eat something."

"my stomach hurts."

"let me see."

felix lifted his shirt and jisung saw his torso littered with bruises from jae's kicks. jisung sent seungmin to the freezer to grab an ice pack, he gently pressed the ice onto felix's body as he whined. when he was done, he sat felix up and tried to get him to eat. felix let jisung feed him like a baby as he thought about how much he wanted to stay in bed all day, he definately didn't want to go home, he loved his parents very much, but things turned sour between him and his dad since they found out that felix was gay.

his dad always put up fights with him and never let him see his friends, so felix moved out and started to stay in dorms, meeting jisung, then meeting seungmin and jeongin and becoming best friends.

=====