Chapter 3

ELENA'S POV:

I stopped dead in my tracks.
"I take it you found the note alright" he continued
I slowly turned myself to face him and he gave me a weak smile. "Y-yeah no I found your note, can I help?" I said, damn it why did I stutter? I only stuttered when I was nervous, why would I be scared of a boy who's the same height as me smh, get it together Elena.

"Yeah actually, I was wondering if you'd wanna go on a date tonight?"

My jaw hit the floor. I've known this boy two seconds, if that, and he's asking out on a date? I don't know for how long I didn't respond, but I think he noticed I was in shock cause he placed his hands on my shoulders and gently shook me. "Uhhh you there Elena?" he asked.
"Oh my god I'm sorry" I replied, flushing red with embarrassment "it's just, I barely know you and you want to date me? Don't you think this is a sorta rushed or unplanned or-"
"Heyyy" he interrupted "we have biology together, period 3 every day, you've never noticed me?" He started laughing but I felt my cheeks burning up again. How have I not noticed any of these boys in my classes? First the Tik Tok boy with the pretty brown eyes, and now Kairi. God you're stupid Elena. "I'm so sorry, I sit right at the back and barely ever pay attention"
"Well that's okay, maybe this date might give you a chance to know me better, and for me to get to know what's good with Miss Elena Hill" he laughed.
My heart started beating a little faster when he said my full name, and it almost felt like I could see what all the other girls saw in this boy.
"Yeah I-I'd like to get to know you better" I took a deep breath and said "sorry I have this stupid stutter when I'm nervous"
He smirked at me and tilted his head whilst looking at me "don't be sorry, I think it's hella cute"

We talked some more, and exchanged numbers before the bell rang and we started to head back up. Kairi walked me to Math, and gave me a hug before I went in. His hugs are amazing can I just say, believe me when I tell you I did NOT want to let go. I turned to go inside but he took ahold of my wrist and leaned forward whispering in my ear "it's kinda hot how I made you nervous on the field". I turned to face him but he was already walking down the hall and I just knew there was a fat smirk plastered over his dumb, gorgeous face. I shook my head and walked into class, it wasn't long before my mind made it's way back to thinking about him.

MATTIA'S POV:

I took my seat in chemistry and waited for Kai. He was never late to lesson, weird. He wasn't at lunch either, but I guess he was revising for the pop quiz we were about to do. I couldn't stop thinking about Elena either. I was lowkey pissed off that I didn't get to speak to her at lunch, but I decided I'd just see her after school anyway. We lived about 15 minutes away, so worst case scenario I could just go to her house. All of a sudden, I felt someone slap me on the back of my head, I turned around ready to charge but it was just Kairi.
"Sup goon" he said.
"Hey idiot, you're late" I laughed while hitting him back.
"Yeaaah about that" a smirk spread across his face as his cheeks slowly turned red.
"What's going on Kai?"
"I may have a date tonight"
"What? Bro that's awesome, I'm pumped for you!" I patted him on the back and laughed over how happy he was about it. "So who's the lucky girl?"
"You know that girl in biology, Elena?"
No. He didn't. He couldn't. I tried as hard as I could to hide my disappointment but Kairi could read me like a book.
"What's wrong bro?" He asked me. Get it together Mattia, you just said you were happy for him. I slowly changed my expression from pissed to confused.
"Oh no I'm just thinking about the pop quiz we have today". Nice save, asshole.
"Wait we have a pop quiz?!" Kairi asked.
"Yeah I'm gonna go over the work for it" I took out my books and started reading, hoping Kairi would take the hint. Luckily, he shrugged his shoulders and started his work.

Every inch of me was full of anger. The one day I decide to gain courage to ask Elena out, Kairi fucking Cosentino decides to swoop in and take her. Should I still go to her house? Nah, that'll just make it awkward. Maybe I should interrupt their date. Nah that's a bitch move. Maybe if I took one of the boys with me it'd be less weird. I texted Alé -

M- Are you free to grab food tonight?
A- I'm down, where?
M- I don't know yet, I'll let you know
A- ight cool

I turned to Kairi, he was texting Elena probably. I rolled my eyes before asking him where they were going.
"Probably to a pizza place" he replied.

M- we're having pizza
A- food is ma mood

ELENA'S POV:

"AND THEN HE JUST WALKED AWAY?!" Ava screamed. She'd come over to my place after school.
"Yes Ava, but it's only a date I-"
"ONLY A DATE? BITCH HE IS A RARITY, AND HE WANTS YOU. THIS DATE WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY" she started jumping on my bed like a maniac, as I received a text from Kairi. Ava stopped acting like a child and sat next to me as we read what he said:

Hey El, I'll be at yours for 8pm. Wear something cute, see you soon beautiful. K

"HE CALLED YOU BEAUTIFUL OH MY GOD" she went back to jumping on my bed and I laughed at her dumbass before heading over to my closet. I had no idea what to wear.
"Ava wanna go shopping real quick?" I asked. She stopped bouncing and grabbed my keys while running past me and down the stairs. I shook my head and shouted after her "I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'VE BEEN SMOKING BUT I WANT SOME OF IT"

A/N: OMG I HOPE YOU ALL ARE ENJOYING THE STORY, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING, WE HIT 1K WORDS, BUT I PROMISE THERE WILL BE SOME SERIOUS TEA SPILLED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!! ILYSM 💛💛💛💛