Chapter 75

ELENA'S POV:

I felt my blood go cold as he stood infront of me. I wanted to scream in fear yet I stayed silent. His curly brown hair flopped infront of his dark green eyes as his lips pressed into a thin line. He had recognised me too. His eyes went wide and he swallowed hard.
The lady stood behind me broke the deathly silence between us.

"I'm sure you'll be fine with-"

"Jackson Snow" I breathed, almost choking on the words. He seemed taken aback that I had even remembered his name after all this time. And so was I. I never thought I'd have to mention that name again. I kept my eyes on him as the lady came to stand between us. She gasped and looked at me then at him.

"Wait so you know each other? That's perfect!" she started clapping as if this was a celebratory moment. But I couldn't bear to be in the same room as him any longer. I turned around and opened the door, and starting running as far away as I possibly could. I found myself running though long, winding corridors, desperately looking for the bathrooms. Tears spilled down my face as I finally found the ladies room and ran inside.

There were two girls already in there. They were mid conversation when I burst in on them, and they stopped and looked at me in shock. I didn't blame them. I had mascara stains running down my cheeks and onto the collars of my white polo shirt. One of the girls had long blonde hair, accompanied with ocean blue eyes. She looked at me with sympathy and took a step forward.

"I know you don't know me, but do you want to talk about it?" she asked. I understood she was being kind, but I wasn't about to give her my life story. I wiped my eyes with no effort, knowing there were more tears to come, and shook my head. She nodded and left the bathroom with her friend.

I slowly looked in the mirror and saw the wreck I had become. But I had every right to react the way I did. The boy who I had been told was no more had just stood in front of me as if everything was perfectly normal. I heard a slight knock on the door and decided I had to face what was coming next.
I deserved answers.

I walked outside to see him leaning against the wall. He stood up straight when he saw me and cleared his throat.

"So I know this might be pretty scary for you" he started, he still hadn't lost his thick Jersey accent. I glared at him in disbelief, and couldn't hold myself back any longer.

"Scary?" I scoffed "that's an understatement Jackson". I winced when I said his name, and tried to refrain myself from remembering all the memories we shared.

"I get that but-"

"No, you don't get anything. You don't get how mentally and emotionally distraught I was when I found out my boyfriend had been killed by a jealous ex" I yelled with clenched fists. I tried to hold back the tears but they escaped my eyes within a matter of seconds.

"You just happily moved to England, leaving me to grieve over someone who wasn't even fucking dead" I pushed him backwards but he caught my wrists and pulled me closer to him. Fear rushed through me as our faces were inches apart. He looked directly into my eyes but all I could think about was Mattia, and how I wished I was looking into his hazel eyes instead.

"You don't know anything Elena" he whispered, tears forming is his own eyes. But I wasn't sticking around to hear his side of the story. I didn't need too. I didn't want to. I freed myself from his grasp and took a step away from him.

"Hector tried to kill me, but it clearly didn't work, so he forced me to move out of New Jersey instead. My Mom had just got a job here so it was the best option, I didn't know about the horrific excuse he made up for my absence" he shrugged his shoulders and dug his hands into his pockets.

"So you couldn't text me? Or at least call me to break up with me?"

"Why would I break up with you when I still had feelings for you, I mean I still do"

I felt my stomach twist and shook my head.

"I have a boyfriend now, one that won't go ghost on me" I said, folding my arms over my chest. He smirked slightly and looked at me.

"I don't see him"

I took a step towards him and jabbed my finger in his chest, causing him to look at me in annoyance.

"Try something, and I'll make sure you really end up in the ground this time Jackson"

And with that I walked away as fast as I could. I didn't know where I was going, I just followed the signs until I saw the front desk. I didn't bother answering the lady who was calling after me. I didn't want to speak to anyone here. I just wanted to catch the first flight back to New Jersey.

And that's exactly what I was going to do.

A/N: THANK YOU FOR 36K READS ILY ALL SO MUCH 💛 I'm so grateful for your support, and your comments always make my day 🥺💕