Chapter 42

MATTIA'S POV:

I walked to biology with Elena and she sat next to me. Vic pulled up a chair and sat next to Elena. None of us wanted anything to do with Kairi, or his so called girlfriend. I didn't believe for a second that they were actually in love.

We took our seats and Elena had a blank expression on her face.

"You okay baby?" I said, resting my hand on her lower back. She shrugged and closed her eyes.

"I know nothing about that girl yet I still feel like she's my biggest threat" she said. Vic shook her head and rested her hand on Elena's.

"She only said what she said because she's so insecure. She gets off on making other people feel like shit" she said quietly.

"Has she ever said anything to you?" Elena asked, causing her to frown a little.

"I mean she tried it on with Alejandro a few times, but he kept rejecting her, and she just threw insults at me" Vic sighed, she looked at us and smiled. I felt bad for Vic, cause when Kairi and Alicia first started dating, we all thought she was really nice. And Alejandro was dating Vic at the time. But he lowkey liked Alicia before she turned into a bitch. He never told her, but she knew. She always knows. And if she spills that, it could completely destroy what a beautiful relationship Alejandro and Vic have.

"But Elena you and Mattia are so much stronger than her and Kairi. It's so blatantly obvious he's with her to get back at you for breaking up with him, which is so immature" she said, rolling her eyes.

"I don't know why he has to be so fucking petty about it, I broke up with him cause I didn't want to lead him onto something" said Elena, clearly getting frustrated by the whole subject.

"Baby quieten down" I said quickly. I was looking at the door. They were both stood there, hand in hand, looking for seats. There was a seat free next to me, and a seat at the front of the class. I held my breath and prayed they wouldn't sit by me.

"Miss Andrews, can I move the seat next to Mattia to the front of the class?" asked Kairi. What the fuck? Out of the both of them I'd have expected Kairi to sit next to me, no questions asked.

"Just hurry up" said the teacher, and he came to grab the chair.

"You fucked up bad" I whispered to him. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Don't be so jealous" he whispered back. Was he fucking possessed?

"Jealous of what?" I whisper shouted, I felt Elena's hand on my shoulder but I ignored it. Kairi shrugged and started walking to the front.

"Mattia there's no point" said Elena. I looked at her and put my head on her shoulder. She kissed my head and rested her head on mine. Vic started fangirling, but I only had one thing on my mind.

"What the fuck has she done to my bestfriend" I whispered. Elena sighed. I didn't know what to say, and we sat in silence, but a silence that was comfortable. Something told me things were about to switch up around here. And not in a good way either.

KAIRI'S POV:

I placed my seat next to Alicia and didn't say anything else.

"You look so cute today" she whispered, placing her hand on my leg.

"Stop" I said, picking up her hand and taking it off my leg. She tilted her head at me and moved closer.

"But Kai, we used to be so good together" she whined. I shook my head and folded my arms across my chest, still looking forward.

"Don't call me Kai" I whispered. She rolled her eyes and started doing her homework.

"You'll come around at some point" she mumbled.

The only reason I asked Alicia to be my girlfriend was cause of the lie I told Elena. I found out she had moved back to NJ, and was living a few blocks away from me. I hit her up, and Alicia is one of the thirstiest girls you'll ever meet, so she said yes straight away. I don't know why I was ever in love with her. She was rude, and uptight. But I hated that out of all the girls I chose her. Again, I hurt Elena. And I probably hurt all the boys by bringing Alicia back into the picture. None of them had ever liked her.

She turned up to my house uninvited this morning, and saw the bracelet. I had kept it on my dresser, in hopes that I could give it to Elena for her birthday or a special occasion. But Alicia had already put it on her wrist without me noticing, and by that point, there was nothing I could do.

Mattia was right. I really have fucked up.