Chapter 27

KAIRI'S POV:

We spent the afternoon at the pool, and the boys tried to keep me distracted from Elena. They did a shit job considering that I couldn't keep my eyes off her. Her body was glistening in the sunlight, and she didn't leave the loungers until her Vic decided to go dress shopping. We decided we'd go to a gala tonight. It's one of these fancy events that only important people go to, but Alvaro's uncle was hosting it, so he invited us all. The boys had all hired out tuxes, and I had no idea what to expect from tonight.

"Heads up Kairi" called Alejandro as he threw the football at me. I caught it and thought about who to pass it to next. Roshaun had this annoying smirk on his face so I launched it him. I didn't mean for it to go that fast, but it nearly took his head off. 

"Bro, the fuck?" he said, annoyed.

"Lousy aim, my bad" I shrugged. I could've done much worse considering the fact that he just fucked up my relationship. First Mattia, now him? Were all these boys against me and Elena? I shook my head and went back to playing the game. I overthink way too much about her. But wasn't I supposed to do that? Should you think about your girlfriend 24/7?

"Maybe we should start getting ready guys" said Alejandro. It was already 3pm and it started at 8pm, but we planned on getting food first. We all agreed and got out the pool to dry off. Roshaun was looking at me as I got changed, after I found out he'd told Elena my shit, he's been weird as fuck around me. He knew this would happen.

We walked towards the elevator and waited for it to come.

"What's the matter Kairi?" said Roshaun.

I ignored him and stayed with my back to him. I was pissed, and wasn't in the mood for a conversation. The boys noticed that I was ignoring him and all looked down. Just then Roshaun reached forward and placed his hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off and held my breath.

"Kairi what the fuck" he said loudly.

I turned around and kept my voice as calm as possible.

"Elena and I have broke up. Again. Because you told her about Alicia. So I hope you're happy. I have nothing else to say to you".

The rest of the boy's jaws hit the floor when I mentioned Alicia. We vowed never to bring her up again, and this was the worst thing that could possible happen.

Roshaun rolled his eyes.

"Really? That's what you're mad about? Someone had to tell her about Alicia, she deserved to know. You would've never told her. And who cares if you broke up, I mean she's probably gonna get back with Mat-"

I didn't let him finish his sentence cause I charged at him and he fell to the floor. My fist connected with his face twice before Mattia had pulled me off him and dragged me inside the elevator. The rest of the boys stayed with Roshaun.

We entered the lift and I shut my eyes and leaned against the wall.

"What the fuck did I just do" I said. Mattia looked at me and shook his head.

"I don't know man" he replied.

"I think I should catch a flight back home, this trip really wasn't the move" I said quietly.

"What? No don't do that. We're literally leaving tomorrow, and tonight's gonna be good" Mattia said.
I closed my eyes again and thought about it.

"I don't know" I muttered. The elevator stopped at Mattia's floor, he turned to me before walking out.

"I know it might not seem like it right now, but Elena needs you" and he walked out. Elena. I hadn't thought about where she was or anything. I put the thought of her at the back of my mind and made my way to our room.

I unlocked the door and walked into the room. The first thing I saw was her makeup all out on the dresser, then her clothes on the bed. I saw her bikini hung up outside, and her airforces next to the bed. I remembered our shitty argument last night. And then the argument about Mattia. And then the argument about the bet. This was getting to a point where we both were hurting each other. I ran a hand through my hair as I heard someone knock on the door. I answered and it was Ale, with the tux.

"They say that a tux is the way to a girls heart" he said, with a smirk.

I smiled at him and took the tux from him "thanks loser, but I don't think anyone says that".

"Anything else you need?" He asked.

I nodded "how's Roshaun"

Ale gave me one of those sympathetic smiles.

"He's fine Kai, he knows he was outta line and said he's planning on apologising to you, but I think you owe him an apology too" he said.

"Yeah I'll apologise tonight" I said with a hint of guilt in my voice. Alejandro went to get ready and I closed the door behind me.

I was doing up the buttons on my shirt when the door opened. I didn't turn around, but I knew it was Elena. I saw the reflection in the mirror and she had her head down. She was holding a black dress bag, I guess that was her outfit for tonight. She didn't say anything as she started getting ready, so I took my opportunity to break the silence.

"I think we should take a break"