Chapter 68

ELENA'S POV:

We all looked at Kairi and his cheeks flushed.

"Before we came here, I checked my emails, and I found out I had been accepted into college" he said.

"Shit Kairi congratulations!" said Alejandro slapping his back; I smiled at him with pride. Kairi swatted his hand away though, and kept a gloomy look on his face.

"The college is in England" he said. My heart almost did a front flip when I realised it meant one of my bestfriends would be coming to England with me.

"Wait you're really coming England with me?" I said, beginning to think there really was a silver lining at the end of this. But then he shook his head and the corners of his lips curled downward.

"I declined their offer before I knew you were going to moving there" he sighed, putting his head in his hands. And just like that, any chance at happiness I could've had disappeared.

"Oh" I said quietly. I didn't know what to say.

"El I'm sorry, i-if I'd have known I'd have accepted it in a heartbeat" he said, pools of tears forming in his eyes. I smiled at him put my hand on his.

"You have nothing to be sorry for" I whispered as he wiped his eyes.

"Okay we've all been crying way too much" chuckled Alvaro. I looked over at him and my heart broke slightly when I saw him also wiping his own eyes.
I looked at my phone and it was 6pm. I wanted to see Vic so I decided it was time to leave.

"Well my time is up" I said, starting to stand up. The boys all stood up and walked me outside to the car. Mattia was sat behind the wheel, but he didn't look at us.

I hugged Roshaun first, his braids grazing the side of my face softly, and I felt him smile.

"Stay safe lil sis" he said, voice cracking. I felt the tears appear again and he pulled away, kissing my head. Alvaro gave me a sad smile when I went to hug him. I felt his little body clutch onto mine as my tears fell onto his shoulder.

"Come back soon, okay?" he said with bloodshot eyes. I nodded, unable to say anything because of the tears. Robert hugged me tight with one hand on the back of my head. I'd never seen Robert cry, so it just set me off even more.

"Don't forget about me loser" he smiled through the tears. I smiled back, but I couldn't see him too clearly because of the tears clouding my vision. Alejandro has his jaw clenched when I went over to him and was fighting back tears. He hugged me tightly and didn't let go for a few seconds.

"God why do you have to go Elena" he sobbed, pulling away and looking at me with his red nose. The tears glistened in his eyes and he forced a smile. I looked at the ground and gasped for air between my tears. I probably looked a wreck but at that moment in time, I couldn't have cared less.

Kairi was already crying when I walked over to him. He pulled me in and I cried the hardest when he held me.

"That note was the best thing you ever gave me" I cried into his shoulder.  He held onto me tight and I felt him shaking. When we pulled away, he took something off his wrist and gave it to me.

"My Mom gave it to me when I was a kid" he said, having me the silver bracelet "it's meant to bring you good luck, and it caused me to meet you; I don't think I could've asked for anything better"

He put it on my wrist carefully, and wiped my tears away with his thumb.

"I hope it'll do the same to you" he kissed my forehead as his eyes filled up with fresh tears.

"God you're killing us here Elena" said Robert from behind. I turned around and they were all crying again. I pulled them into a group hug and held them as tightly as I could.

"I'm gonna be back so soon, I love you guys with my whole heart" I said.

"We love you too" they said in unison and we broke away. I walked over to the passenger side and opened the door. Mattia was leaning on his door with his head in his hands. I didn't say anything, and he started the engine.

"My Mom said she wants to see you before you go" he said finally. I nodded and waved at the boys as we drove away. I blew kisses and did Alvaro's famous slatt sign to make him smile.

I looked forward as we drove onto Vic's house and took a deep breath. I never knew how painful it was to say goodbye.