Chapter 36

KAIRI'S POV:

My alarm went off at 7am and I hit snooze. I looked at the ceiling. Elena entered my mind straight and I kept thinking about how good she looked in the dress at the gala. She was really my first though of the day.

This breakup was going to be easy, I thought, rolling my eyes.

Monday mornings were always shitty, and school wasn't the move at all. I got out of bed and started getting dressed. I caught myself in the mirror, and I looked worse than ever, the bags under my eyes still hadn't decided to disappear. I had the worst migraine, and headed downstairs for aspirin. Were hangovers meant to last this long?

I waited for the bus and Ale came to join me.

"Morning Kai" he yawned.

"Morning" I said with a smile.

"You good?" he asked. I nodded. Of course I wasn't good, but I wasn't about to spend the whole day sulking over something out of my control.

"It is what it is, it's cool" I shrugged. Nothing else was said until the bus came. I looked around for Elena's bestfriend Ava, but I couldn't see her anywhere. I was hoping to ask her if she knew when they'd be back, but she didn't even turn up. Me and the boys talked shit for while bus ride, which took my mind off Elena.

I got into school and passed her locker. I remembered the time I slipped the note in. Everyone was watching me that day, but I didn't care. I only cared about her. And now I'd lost her. I walked past her math classroom and remembered the time we walked there together after I asked her out on a date. I sighed and dug my hands into my pockets. People were giving me weird stares, either cause of how bad I looked, or since I was walking alone. Without my boys, and neither Elena. I put my hood up and walked to biology.

I took my seat, Vic came and sat next to me, since neither of our partners were here.

"How are you?" she said, she gave me a smile. She was slowly turning back to her old, happy self.

"I'm good, I mean I'm not good, but I'm good" I said. She nodded, and realised I didn't want to talk anymore about it. Not here at least. Her phone started ringing and she left the classroom to take the call.

She came back in and looked happier than when she left.

"What happened?" I said, a smile spreading across my face. I didn't really have anything to be happy for, but Vic's smile is contagious. I guess that's why her and Alejandro were so compatible.

They were happy.

"Mattia and Elena are coming home tonight" she said, barely able to contain her excitement.

"Vic, Kairi, do your work please" called the teacher.

We both opened our lab books and started writing shit.

"What time?" I whispered.

"8pm" she answered. I ran a hand through my hair.

"Aren't you excited?" she asked me. I switched up quickly and smiled at her.

"Of course I am" I said "why wouldn't I be excited to see Mattia?"

"And Elena?" Vic asked cautiously. I pretended that someone was texting me and picked up my phone.

"Let me just read this message" I said quickly. But Vic knew I was fucking around and rolled her eyes.

"You're going to have to talk to her at some point Kairi, you can't always run away from this" she said quietly.

"I know, just let me think about it" I replied. I didn't have the slightest idea on how to approach this situation. Maybe just avoiding Elena would be best? I mean it's not like she'll be paying attention to me now that she's with Mattia.

A/N: Hey everyone, I just wanted to thank you all for reading my story once again, thank you for all the comments. They really make my day, I hope you're enjoying this book as much as I'm enjoying writing it, don't forget to vote! 💛