Chapter 74

MATTIA'S POV:

I returned to school the next day. I walked into biology and saw my seat had been taken some girl. I approached her and she was speaking with Vic. I didn't know what they were talking about, but Vic looked kinda uncomfortable. I knew she was in our class, but I'd never really gotten to know her before. She had short blonde hair, which stopped just above her shoulders, and was wearing a tight blue top accompanied with shorts. Elena was a whole queen compared to her.

"You're in my seat" I said loudly, causing her to turn around immediately. She batted her long, fake eyelashes at me and collected her books together, without taking her eyes off me.

"I was just talking to Vic, chill baby" she giggled. She stood up and was the same height as Elena. I flinched when she called me baby and looked at Vic who was equally as disgusted as I was. Her eyes flickered down to my lips and she studied me for a few seconds.

"I've got a girlfriend, move"

She laughed quietly to herself and placed her hand on my shoulder, leaning upwards so we were almost at level height.

"I know" she whispered in my ear. I shrugged her off and she smirked, walking towards her desk.

"What the fuck was that?" I asked Vic, getting my books out.

"That was Cindy Locks" she said, pointing in her direction. She turned around and winked at me. I glared back at her.

"She's famous for stealing people's boyfriends, or wrecking relationships" Vic continued.

"Yeah I can see that" I agreed, looking down at my textbook. I noticed there was something written on the table, directly underneath where Cindy had placed her books. I moved my book out the way and saw it was her number, with a "C" next to it. I looked at her and she was staring right at me with a smirk plastered on her face. She did a "call me" sign with her hand and I flipped her off.

"Oh she's bold" said Vic, noticing the number. I shook my head and covered it with my book. There was no way I was letting anyone get in the way of Elena and I. She's my whole world and nothing could possible change that. We had a sub for biology so I decided I'd try call her. I checked the time and it looked like it was the afternoon in England. Surely she must be finished with school already. I dialled her number and waited patiently.

No answer.

My shoulders slumped as I turned my phone off. Maybe she was still at school. But I missed her. I missed everything about her and I needed to see her.
My phone suddenly started ringing and I eagerly looked at the caller. But I frowned when I saw it was Alejandro instead of Elena. I picked up and he instantly started yelling.

"Mattia I need your help!" he yelled down the phone. I had to hold the phone away from my ear and Vic stopped doing her work and looked at me with concern.

"Chill bro, stop yelling I'm in class" I said, lowering the volume quickly. He took a deep breath and apologised before explaining what had happened.

"Look, I've been trying to call Kairi since last night and he hasn't been picking up his phone, and he hasn't been in school for the past two days"

I furrowed my brows in confusion. Kairi? Not in school? They were 4 words I'd never expect to hear in the same sentence. It was unlike Kairi to ever miss school, especially when a soccer game was coming up. He'd always be the first one at training.

"Have you been to his house?" I asked, and heard Alejandro sigh in frustration.

"His parents are outta town for the week and his sister's gone with them" he said.

"Okay well how do you know he hasn't gone with them? Maybe you're overreacting?" I regretted saying that cause Alejandro went apeshit on me. He started swearing loudly, meaning I couldn't get a word in edgeways. Vic took the phone out of my hand and tried to talk to him.

"Babe, stop losing your shit, lets figure this out" she said in a calm voice. Alejandro stopped yelling and took a few breaths. I raised my eyebrows at the way he listened to her. They really were a power couple, which made me long for Elena even more than I already did.

"I texted Mrs Cosentino and she said that Kairi said he didn't want to go with them, so we need to find him, cause his house was definitely empty" he confirmed. They continued talking but I had zoned out. All I could think about was Elena. Was she okay? Did school go well for her? She seemed so anxious about it the night before when she spoke. I ran a nervous hand through my hair as Vic hung up.

"We'll look for him after school" she decided, handing me my phone back. I nodded slowly and put the phone on the table, face down.

"You good?" she said, nudging me slightly. I snapped out of my thoughts and smiled at her.

"No yeah I'm good, I just miss her" I said, lowering my voice so no one would hear us. Vic played with the label on her water bottle and stayed quiet for a second or two.

"So do I. Nothing feels the same here without her"

She sniffed a couple times and took her glasses off, gently placing them on the table.

"Vic don't cry, just act like I'm Elena" I said jokingly. She laughed at me and I felt a wave of relief wash over me. Vic had an infectious smile, that never failed to bring out the best in anyone.

"I think she's missing you more" she said, going back to her work. I shook my head and picked up my pen.

I knew she was missing me. She had to be, right?