Chapter 80

MATTIA'S POV:

I felt my blood run cold when the doctor mentioned cancer. How was that possible? I'd only been smoking since Elena left which was two weeks ago now. I looked over at her and tears were streaming down her cheeks and I felt fucking terrible for causing all of this.

"Doc how the fuck have I gotten cancer this quick?"

He looked at me and took a sharp intake of breath.

"I never said you have cancer, if you let me finish, I was going to tell you that it's likely for you to get lung cancer within the next 20-30 years if the smoking continues"

I let out a huge sigh of relief and fell back into the pillows. Elena wiped her eyes, but still refused to face me.

"I'll send a prescription with the medicines you'll be taking, which will hopefully remove the tar, other than that, you're free to leave" said the doctor, leaving the room. As soon as I heard the door close, I pulled the bedsheets off me and stood up.

"Should I call a taxi?" I asked Elena. No answer. I cautiously walked over to where she was stood, with her back turned against me. I placed my hands on her hips, but she immediately moved away and started walking towards the door.

"Make your own way home" she said. But I rushed over to her before she could open the door and stood in her way. She sighed and looked at the ground.

"Are you still mad about the Cindy thing? Because if you are, I can prove to you that you're the only one I want to spend the rest of my life with" I smirked, gently tilting her chin up to look at me.

"Are you still mad about the Jackson thing? Because if you are, I'm glad cause you deserved every bit of it" she said, narrowing her eyes at me.

"What? How?" I raised my eyebrows at her. I kept my tone calm, because that was the only way we could have a mature conversation, without either of us tearing up.

"C-cause I said so" she stammered, looking down at the ground. I smiled as her cheeks burned up and shook my head at her.

"You literally used that Jackson kid as an excuse because you had nothing to say back" I realised. A smile slowly began to spread across her face as she looked up at me.

"I'm sorry" she said quietly, with red eyes. I softly kissed her forehead, taking in her familiar watermelon scent. I missed her. So much.

"I'm sorry too, I'm sorry for all of this" I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her in. She rested her head against my chest and I held her close.

"Wanna get outta here?" I said, resting my head on hers. I felt her nod and felt myself smiling.

"I just wanna go home" she yawned. She was obviously tired since she'd been here since 12am and the morning was soon approaching. I texted Alejandro and asked him to bring my car to the hospital.

"Come on, I know a place we can go" I said, picking up my wallet and any other personal belongings. She held her phone in one hand and I took the free hand in mine. We were about to leave the room when I turned to her.

"I almost forgot" I said, she looked at me with a puzzled expression on her face.

"What'd you forget baby?" Elena asked, looking around the room. But I placed my hands on her hips and she looked at me, blushing when she realised what was going on.

"To do this" I whispered, leaning in and planting a soft kiss on her lips. She kissed me back sleepily, resting her hands on my chest. I pulled away with a smirk and took her hand.

"Now we can go" I said, opening the door and leading her outside the ward. She held my hand tight and rested her other hand on my forearm. I looked at her, and she gave me a sleepy smile.

"I love you" I said, observing her flawless features. She was breathtaking even at 4am.

"I love you" she repeated, leaning up to kiss my cheek. I couldn't contain myself from beaming with happiness. I just hoped this feeling would last forever.

A/N: So I wasn't going to post again today, but y'all are scary af w these death threats lmfao, so I thought I'd break the suspense, I hope you're happy with the result!!
ily all 😭💕